Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't have added pet battle dungeons if it weren't popular...

That said, a lot of people are still unaware of their existence!

For me, Pet battle was a thing when I started from scratch to get the Pet Tournament on Timeless Isle.
    When I got the four pets from the Tournament I didn't get any satisfaction doing it.
    The Garisson pet building, was ok.
    But at some point ... ¨just another at level 25¨

And now, most of the achivement are ¨another pet¨ reward,
    Another pet out of 10000, whoohoo.

I think I only collected some critters in Stormhein so far.
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2017-10-17 at 08:54 AM.

Most people I know doesnt do it, some does of course. I would like to see how many that does the weekly pet battle thingy tho, compared to the other weeklys. I think we would see some fun numbers :P

But hey thats me, might be that 90% of the playerbase love em

I have a friend who has the highest achi for pets collected, she doesn't like battling, but shes getting them all to level 25 gradually........

Deleted
    For me its all about collections. I've been collecting pets since vanilla.

Now with so many pets everywhere, it lost its meaning. Collecting all whelplings in vanilla/BC on nth character was more satisfying than getting new pet today. Too many pets. I have about 700-800 unique pets, close to 100 level 25 pets.

Same with mounts today - too many to collect. It stops being fun when there are so many of them.

I don’t mind it., got bored when they started doing the stupid pet battle dungeons though.

One word...

Awesome!

They are popular enough for Blizzard to have specific pet battle weeks for the weekly promotions and for them to create pet battle dungeons etc. So there is some type of community they are catering to at least.

When blizzard released participation stats for things like pet battles, lfr, mythic raiding etc like a year ago, pet battle were up there with LFR in participation among active players which was the highest percentages. Out of the huge list of bnet friends I have only like 4 or 5 dont do pet battles at all. The vast majority of them play wow to collect things like mounts pets and transmogs and thats about all they do in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    When blizzard released participation stats for things like pet battles, lfr, mythic raiding etc like a year ago, pet battle were up there with LFR in participation among active players which was the highest percentages. Out of the huge list of bnet friends I have only like 4 or 5 dont do pet battles at all. The vast majority of them play wow to collect things like mounts pets and transmogs and thats about all they do in game.
    Outside of achievements, those are the things that count. Only "idiots" lose their s...t over gear..

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Yeah, but if they gave a real perk then people would bitch to high heaven about how they "have" to do it.
    That is true. The perks wouldn't be anything game-breaking for that reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I don't remember seeing participation stats for things like that, but if they did, what was the criteria for it? If I did 1 pet battle a month, does that make me a full-blown pet battler in the statistics? And you said your friends collect things like mounts and pets, which is fine, but collecting pets doesn't mean you battle with them or even *enjoy* that system.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen
    thats because more people do pet battles then the numbers of mythic raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You made my day.
    if you dont belive it silly check wowhead:
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Wowprogess lists more players with a pet battle score higher than 50k (and that's high, currently achievable are ~58k) than players with itemlevel >940.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Not that I disagree with your point, but there are eight from Legion quests(Ashmaw Bear, Grumpy, Crackers, Emmigosa, Hungering Claw, Lurking Owl Kitten, Skyhorn Nestling, Untethered Wyrmling). That said, yeh, silly to complain about regardless.
    You are right, I forget some of them from Legion launch... but Hungering Claw, drop from Kosumoth and you can choose between 2 reward: mount or pet.
    Mostly of that, like Grumpy, are single quest made expecially to gain the pet, so if that kind of reward is irritating to you, just dont do the quest, but of course you cant avoid a quest, if its a part of a chain (like Crackers or Emmigosa or Untethered Wyrmling).

But as I say, pets are just drop like everything else and we are speking about very few of them compared to tons of rewards that are useless for many of us...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

by the time WOD was getting really boring i started collecting and doing pet battles but since Legion hit i stoped. just something to do when the game is really going nowhere for me

5+ Year Old Account
    i got to level 10 when it first came out to try it out, then kinda lost interest..

are there ppl out there who like turn-based-games? yea, and theyre playing em. i personally dont play WoW for that system but i get that theres ppl out there that like collecting all the pets and trying to level them, get achievements for them, etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    I thrive on it. I really enjoy it.

I'm a completionist, so yeah, I collect battle pets and I level them to max level.
    Leveling battle pets is just too grindy though, it's hard to enjoy it. Some abilities, especially when used with certain other abilities, will make the turns take really long. This is also something that will turn people away from pet battles.
    Pvping with battle pets is also something I don't do even though I'd want to to get the achievements.
    Very few enjoy pet battle pvp because there are a few strong pet comps that everyone uses, so it's very boring. Another reason is that the rewards are so bad for time spent compared to pve'ing with battle pets(just as in "real" pve/pvp content).

Blizzard should 1) increase the xp you gain for pet battleing 2) increase the rewards from battle pet pvp 3) battle pet pvp should choose 3 random pets in your collection instead of letting you decide what to use.

But yeah, a lot of people do collect atleast. I level and sell a lot of battle pets

I've got every pet that was ever created even the ones they don't list like Pikachu. Oh, he exists.

/absorbed into the Light

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Like others have said, collecting pets seems to be more popular than actually battling with them. It would be a better system if each pet gave you some kind of perk that helped you in the "real" world. Use a flying pet that increases your flying speed by X%. Something like that. Collecting stuff is cool, but out of the people that collect them, I'd be curious to find out how many actually battle with them on a regular basis.
    I like that idea, but I'm sure the mandatory crowd would be out in force whining.
    I just collect, haven't really got into the battling side. I'm not too hardcore about the collecting either, I just capture new stuff if I happen to run past it.

Not popular, but someone is playing.
    That is why you see new pet dungeons, but the difficulty is easier than the Celestial Tournament.

I think the reward is bad.