Coming back after 10 months, worth it?

So I quit last December and I'm looking to come back. Am just wondering how long it would take me to catch up. Last I remember if you were behind on AK levels, you'd have a pretty hard time catching up.

this is my character now: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...srollvg%c3%b6d
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    AK is now communist: everyone gets all they need, with extra level added every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    AK is now a global variable, you'll get insane amounts of AP and it'll be easy to catch up with your weapon.

Argus has purchasable tokens for 910 gear like Timeless Isle and Tanaan Jungle did.

Otherwise, it's business as usual. ToS is the current raid, Antorus will open in few months. Getting into M+ groups without 930 ilvl and high M+ score will be pain.

Deleted
    right now is probably the easiest it will ever be to catch up during this expansion.

you can upgrade those legendaries to 970 in a week or two, and prolly get an extra one during that time too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to worry about AK.
    You should be able to get around Artifact level 60 in one sitting, gear is also not a problem with Argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    So I quit last December and I'm looking to come back. Am just wondering how long it would take me to catch up. Last I remember if you were behind on AK levels, you'd have a pretty hard time catching up.

this is my character now: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...srollvg%c3%b6d
    First of all, answer following:

1)Why did you quit?
    2)What do you expect now?

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    First of all, answer following:

1)Why did you quit?
    2)What do you expect now?
    1) was in a psychiatry and couldn't play
    2) fun, seems a lot of players bash legion but I actually really enjoyed it. The M+, bounties, raids, pvp, there's always something to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    New raid isn't out yet but it isn't adding anything else balance or gameplay wise.
    In his perspective the new raid, Tomb of Sargeras, is out and another new one is coming out soon.

Deleted
    Legion right now, is how it should be on release(it was good, now its even better).

The only thing I recommend you, is that you have to know your game. You gotta know how to use your time(there are almost too much to do right now and can be overwhelming when you return). Do not stress, it just takes daily routine to get it all settled.

I suggest(without knowing your character progression):
    1)Use 50% of your time on Argus. This is the best place to earn AP, vanity items and legendaries(when done with story/WQs and few rare kills):
    2)25% of your time on Mythic+. The source of gear you can get from this is insane now. When you got enough of that:
    3)15% of your time on Raiding(nail your weekly reset, either PuG or Guild):
    4)10% of your time on follow up quests(professions, achievements such as flying, follower progression and what not. You can add PvP here as well).

After some time(couple weeks), you will catch up on all and have it more chill.

Recent things I figured out(I wish I knew better):
    Go to Broken Shore. Use Nethershards on follower upgrade(880 armor)and follower XP items. You will need that later on, trust me.

Lastly:
    Do NOT listen to incompentent idiots here. For me, they are nothing but bored people, got nothing better to do. People who are having fun are ingame now - not here whining.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-17 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Legion right now, is how it should be on release(it was good, now its even better).

The only thing I recommend you, is that you have to know your game. You gotta know how to use your time(there are almost too much to do right now and can be overwhelming when you return). Do not stress, it just takes daily routine to get it all settled.

I suggest(without knowing your character progression):
    1)Use 50% of your time on Argus. This is the best place to earn AP, vanity items and legendaries(when done with story/WQs and few rare kills):
    2)25% of your time on Mythic+. The source of gear you can get from this is insane now. When you got enough of that:
    3)15% of your time on Raiding(nail your weekly reset, either PuG or Guild):
    4)10% of your time on follow up quests(professions, achievements such as flying, follower progression and what not. You can add PvP here as well).

After some time(couple weeks), you will catch up on all and have it more chill.

Recent things I figured out(I wish I knew better):
    Go to Broken Shore. Use Nethershards on follower upgrade(880 armor)and follower XP items. You will need that later on, trust me.

Lastly:
    Do NOT listen to incompentent idiots here. For me, they are nothing but bored people, got nothing better to do. People who are having fun are ingame now - not here whining.
    Thanks, very helpful! Gonna explore argus, not too bothered raiding yet. Will see if I can sneak into a M+ group along the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Thanks, very helpful! Gonna explore argus, not too bothered raiding yet. Will see if I can sneak into a M+ group along the way.
    NP. I hope you enjoy your stay

I expect that raids will demand full 930 gear when new raid releases. You need to have been clearing a mythic + 10 every week and running your weekly greater invasion. If you are returnng now, your gear is behind so id start a group in dungeon finder called something like gear catchup m+10 grind or something and find 4 others who wish to spend an entire weekend grinding out mythics.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the ideal time to start playing again, there is no longer a cancerous AP grind, AK is a passive increase now every week and is high enough you will get concord in a couple minutes. The new grind is crucible in argus which upgrades your artifacts relics with bonuses and while you are in argus you can get 880+ unsullied gear drops plus argunite which trades for 910+ gear from the vendor and you can even choose which relic you want now. Easiest time to gear and upgrade your artifact for Tomb or the upcoming raid.

If you do the whole argus story on your pally and unlock crucible it will be unlocked for all your characters including the new dungeon.