Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Former Naughty Dog employee says he was sexually harassed and fired..

http://www.gamezone.com/news/update-...-quiet-3460277

In a series of tweets, Ballard says he was sexually harassed by a Lead at Naughty Dog in late 2015, leading to what he describes as an "extremely toxic" work environment. Not long after, Ballard says he suffered a mental breakdown at work, and Sony's Human Resources department got involved.

Here's the scary part as those who were supposed to offer help, failed him as recounted by Ballard:

When I told them about the harassment they ended the call and fired me the next day. They cited the company was moving in a different direction and my job was no longer needed. They tried to silence me by offering $20,000 if I signed a letter agreeing to the termination as well as to not discuss it with anyone.
    Ballard declined the offer and said he has been "unemployed for 17 months since." He's covered up his own experiences out of fear and feeling ashamed for what happened, attributing his departure in the public eye to being burnt out. However, after seeing people in TV and film come forward in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein investigations, Ballard says their strength gave him the courage to come forward.
    I'd reserve an judgement until any evidence provided but if true this is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post

It's likely to be true because it's crazy.

Only a prude, narcissistic shithead who has no idea about what's real would turn down $20,000 for a simple NDA.

I swear you can try to give people money and a better life and they'll be all like "muh ass got touched." fucking loser.

seeing as this will be near impossible to prove unless he has proof he should have taken the 20k.

I wonder if he's lawyered up? I think you have 6 months to file a sexual harassment claim.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Naughty Dog. What did he expect?

Deleted
    I think its hillarious when on the other hand people claim listen and believe when it is about a woman.

Deleted

Men are told to shut up and enjoy sexual harassment. When they speak up about it they’re called weaklings and cowards.
    It’s normalized discrimination and sexism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Men are told to shut up and enjoy sexual harassment. When they speak up about it they’re called weaklings and cowards.
    Yep. You see it right here on these forums where posters attack men who even dare make comments about being sexually harassed or assaulted. Then again these are also the same people who champion statutory rape so....
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Yep. You see it right here on these forums where posters attack men who even dare make comments about being sexually harassed or assaulted. Then again these are also the same people who champion statutory rape so....
    Because you have to listen and believe...the female perpetrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    They aren't told to enjoy it more than they encourage it themselves. There was that thread about a female teacher having sexual relations with a 15 year old student of hers, and a lot of people said 'gj kid' not too long ago. The hypocrisy seems very self-imposed here... Mind you, I don't at all agree with it.

...but it doesn't exactly help the case with sexism if assault against men in some cases is applauded (that the dude got lucky and he should 'take it like a man') by other men.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    It's still absolutely retarded, the other extreme. No matter the claim, it must be investigated properly to determine if it is a valid charge or not.

#MeToo

But it's a man, so they don't care.

Meh, men can't be victims of sexual harassment and/or crimes... /s
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-10-17 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed the perpetrator was a woman. I said we have posters here who belittle men who make comments about being sexually assaulted. This includes gay men who have been assaulted by other men. I know you want to play the blame women card but it doesn't apply here.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    I never claimed the perpetrator was a woman. I said we have posters here who belittle men who make comments about being sexually assaulted. This includes gay men who have been assaulted by other men. I know you want to play the blame women card but it doesn't apply here.
    Because this is in most cases the way things work. I mean, sexual assault on men by gay men is at least taken a little bit serious. Sexual assault by women is not.

Deleted
    Then they go and watch My Little Pony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because this is in most cases the way things work. I mean, sexual assault on men by gay men is at least taken a little bit serious. Sexual assault by women is not.
    That goes back to what Halyon said about how men self-impose that standard on themselves. Men are told to enjoy it or to be considered lucky if a woman takes advantage of them. If a man speaks out the victim blaming from other men about how there must be something wrong with any man who would complain about being molested by a female.

Maybe I misinterpreted your previous comment about listening and believing the female perpetrator comment because it seems like we're on the same page the more I look at our posts.

Deleted

Ok... so what happened? What form did the sexual harassment take? Gee, you can never get any proper information out of this shit. Did a guy tell him he had a nice ass?

I feel like this behavior from men in particular is common. And it's really sad. What it reminds me up is the perpetuation of the "jock" from high school where it's a crowd of bros talking about whos ass they grabbed or who they fought in the parking lot. If one of those Neanderthals ends up in a position of power in a company, it's no wonder you see shit like this.

And obviously I'm not generalizing men in power here but it doesn't surprise me the "jock" competitive males are the ones that generally rise to the top of hierarchies.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this behavior from men in particular is common. And it's really sad. What it reminds me up is the perpetuation of the "jock" from high school where it's a crowd of bros talking about whos ass they grabbed or who they fought in the parking lot. If one of those Neanderthals ends up in a position of power in a company, it's no wonder you see shit like this.

And obviously I'm not generalizing men in power here but it doesn't surprise me the "jock" competitive males are the ones that generally rise to the top of hierarchies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me, but if he is married and wishes to remain faithful, it's very serious because you're making him very uncomfortable (and also breaking the law). You can't project your fantasy on other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    They aren't told to enjoy it more than they encourage it themselves. There was that thread about a female teacher having sexual relations with a 15 year old student of hers, and a lot of people said 'gj kid' not too long ago. The hypocrisy seems very self-imposed here... Mind you, I don't at all agree with it.

...but it doesn't exactly help the case with sexism if assault against men in some cases is applauded (that the dude got lucky and he should 'take it like a man') by other men.

It's still absolutely retarded, the other extreme. No matter the claim, it must be investigated properly to determine if it is a valid charge or not.
    Yes I’ll bring it up on the next Man Meeting where we organize how all men think, act and generally do things in life because we are all the same like one big hive mind. Yes, judge ALL men on the behavior of some forum members here. You’re brilliant.
    I suppose women should stop getting themselves raped too huh? They just have it coming.

Sorry, I have a sarcasm problem. It’s all I can do when faced with idiotic garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s the same as blaming women for getting raped. Fucking retarded.