High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wait, XBox still doesn't have an internal battery for their controller?
    Not from what I read while trying to find out about battery life etc just now.

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    Not from what I read while trying to find out about battery life etc just now.
    Well yeah. It doesn't have internal battery in it.

Bundle for XBone controller with the charging kit costs $73.

Switch Pro controller costs $69.

Damn that Switch controller is so much more expensive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dualshock 4 hovers around $50, but it has 8 hour battery life. Granted that is not huge deal if you remember to charge it between play sessions.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-10-17 at 01:20 PM.

Well yeah. It doesn't have internal battery in it.

Bundle for XBone controller with the charging kit costs $73.

Switch Pro controller costs $69.

Damn that Switch controller is so much more expensive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dualshock 4 hovers around $50, but it has 8 hour battery life. Granted that is not huge deal if you remember to charge it between play sessions.
    69 dollars is still pretty ridiculous for a controller. And there is no way in hell that is purely because of the Wireless or supposed 40 hour battery life.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Sw...tch+controller

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Ninten...tch+controller

Really isn't hard to tell which one to buy. Even if one is Wireless there shouldn't be a near 40 quid price gap.

Which is why I always buy 3rd party brands which work just as well and are a damn sight cheaper. Only official controllers I have are ones that came with the system since I take good care of them and usually repair them myself or have a guy to do it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-17 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    69 dollars is still pretty ridiculous for a controller.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Sw...tch+controller

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Ninten...tch+controller

Really isn't hard to tell which one to buy. Even if one is Wireless there shouldn't be a near 40 quid price gap.

Which is why I always buy 3rd party brands which work just as well and are a damn sight cheaper. Only official controllers I have are ones that came with the system since I take good care of them and usually repair them myself or have a guy to do it.
    Horipad lacks NFC, HD Rumble and motion controls. First two are novelty, but last one is damn near essential for some games. It's good for most games, but some you can't play with it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also the Hori one has a turbo button and a couple d-pad cover options to switch as you like. so for some it would be the preferred option even if it wasnt half the price.

I've always been skeptical about 3rd party brands, and Nintendo never failed me so far, so went with the Nintendo one, still haven't been able to test it out though since my Switch has been on loan at my brothers place for the past couple of months for Mario+Rabbids action that he wanted.
    Finally getting my baby(switch) home tomorrow ! So ready to get into "Mario+Rabbids" and "I Am Setsuna", and I still need to finish up BotW. So much to do, doubt I'll get it all even close to done before Odyssey.

Horipad lacks NFC, HD Rumble and motion controls. First two are novelty, but last one is damn near essential for some games. It's good for most games, but some you can't play with it.
    Niece has a Hori and she plays a bunch of games fine without those features.

Name me some games that are fully/near fully dependent on motion controls and I'll ask if she has any.

And she has the Joy Cons which I'm pretty sure have motion control anyway.

So again why would I throw nearly 60 quid away to get her a controller where it has only 1 supposedly important feature that her Joy Cons already provide?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-17 at 01:49 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, for some stuff not having motion controls even as a possibility would have been great, playing MK8D and BotW It took me way too long to realize it has motion controls on and that's why I steered into the wall, or why my targeting was sometimes twitchy and sometimes worked fine playing Zelda.

TBH, for some stuff not having motion controls even as a possibility would have been great, playing MK8D and BotW It took me way too long to realize it has motion controls on and that's why I steered into the wall, or why my targeting was sometimes twitchy and sometimes worked fine playing Zelda.
    Motion controls right now are still a bit of a gimmick. Thankfully it's an optional way of playing since I hated it on the Wii. Was alright to be able to move around the menu with it and stuff but I can't remember a time when I felt I was forced into it other than a couple of games that did so to try and make use of it and no other reason.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Motion controls right now are still a bit of a gimmick. Thankfully it's an optional way of playing since I hated it on the Wii. Was alright to be able to move around the menu with it and stuff but I can't remember a time when I felt I was forced into it other than a couple of games that did so to try and make use of it and no other reason.
    Sure is, at Zelda it's nice to use the stick for the big movements and then motion for the finetuning of target, once I got used to it, and actually knew that motion control was a thing. Nothing I couldn't live without though.

Adjusting the aim in Zelda with motion is so natural though. Much better than twitching around with the stick.

And Splatoon would be unplayable without motion controls.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adjusting the aim in Zelda with motion is so natural though. Much better than twitching around with the stick.

Guess it might be handy for anything that has to do with targeting of/while moving or small objects, big issue is targeting with stick only for why I never wanted to play any kind of FPS / PvP kind of deal on a console, stick+motion combo might actually be something that could get me to at least understand why people are willing to do that stuff on a controller.

It's perfectly playable with stick controls. I asked for a game that is 100% or close to 100% unplayable without motion controls and so far you have provided none. So again the Pro controller is not required at all and the cheaper wired solution is more than enough.

Not denying motion is better for Splatoon but it doesn't suddenly make the game anywhere near unplayable by not using it.

Again Zelda is more than playable without motion controls. A game that I have played myself with both motion controls on and off for the bow.

And again why would I spend nearly 60 quid to get a controller that has motion controls when the Joy Cons have it built in?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-17 at 02:26 PM.

It's perfectly playable with stick controls. I asked for a game that is 100% or close to 100% unplayable without motion controls and so far you have provided none. So again the Pro controller is not required at all and the cheaper wired solution is more than enough.

Not denying motion is better for Splatoon but it doesn't suddenly make the game anywhere near unplayable by not using it.

Again Zelda is more than playable without motion controls. A game that I have played myself with both motion controls on and off for the bow.

And again why would I spend nearly 60 quid to get a controller that has motion controls when the Joy Cons have it built in?
    Sure it's playable, of the only thing you want to do is story mode
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Why am I not surprised to see you defending an overpriced controller that is objectively worse than a PS or Xbox controller (while costing more) simply because it’s a Nintendo product? You are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to defending Nintendo and their fucking retarded decisions.
    It's not "objectively worse".
    Xbox controller are STILL requiring batteries, or for you to buy a charge pack (Lolwot Microsoft).

And you would somehow miss me making fun of the SD card price, and the fact that I said the dock price is also bad in the very post you quoted.

I don't know why it enrages you SO much to have people disagree with you. It's a whole $10.

Meanwhile, you want an Xbox controller that charges and to use on your computer? You best shell out not just the $60 for the controller, but an extra $40 for a charger pack that should be built in, and a stupid wireless dongle to connect the controller.

So you may want to actually back up your statements next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Sure it's playable, of the only thing you want to do is story mode
    Now you are just being disingenuous.

I asked for games that are close to or unplayable without motion controls. I was provided none so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's not "objectively worse".
    Xbox controller are STILL requiring batteries, or for you to buy a charge pack (Lolwot Microsoft).

And you would somehow miss me making fun of the SD card price, and the fact that I said the dock price is also bad in the very post you quoted.

I don't know why it enrages you SO much to have people disagree with you. It's a whole $10.

Meanwhile, you want an Xbox controller that charges and to use on your computer? You best shell out not just the $60 for the controller, but an extra $40 for a charger pack that should be built in, and a stupid wireless dongle to connect the controller.

So you may want to actually back up your statements next time.
    I think official controllers in general are priced insanely high these days.

Which is why I go 3rd party.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now you are just being disingenuous.

I asked for games that are close to or unplayable without motion controls. I was provided none so far.
    Just Dance 2017 Switch !!

Also "1 2 Switch" ?
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-10-17 at 02:39 PM.

Just Dance 2017 Switch !!
    Thank you. I mean not a good game to pick an example from but still one.

Do Dancing games not have basic controller support anymore though? I remember the old Dancing Stage games on PS1 that could be played with a controller.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can see on xbox and ps4 its all about the cameras etc, they even got a smartphone app that you can use for the other arm controller. So pretty sure that you can't, at least not for that game.

And yeah, couldn't find more games that might fit the "motion control only or pretty damn close to it" requirement.

I think official controllers in general are priced insanely high these days.

Which is why I go 3rd party.
    I've had a negative outlook on 3rd party controllers since the N64, where the 3rd party ones would fall apart so quickly, or at least the ones we had did.

Also, I just remembered that-
    https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/accessories

Unless you're getting a plain black controller, MOST xbox one controllers are over $60. Hell, just for a Minecraft skin on them, it costs more than the Switch's pro controller.

And PS4 controllers are a flat $65.

So really, the Switch one is a whole $5 more. How dare I think that's not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And PS4 controllers are a flat $65.
    Ps4 controlers are $60 not $65..
    https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accesso...r-black/136481

And ya only 3rd party one I ever used and liked was the 360 Afterglow controller.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD