Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    WoW 8.0 Launch: Horde and Alliance go to sea to stop Azshara from using the Titansblood to awaken N'zoth in Nylathoa. Alliance heads for Kul'Tiras and Horde maybe hits up the ruins of Kezan or Zandalar to build their own shipyards. Fighting against local problems and securing land. Greymane uses the opportunity to go after Sylvanas and rile up their rivalry while back in the Eastern Kingdoms, the Forsaken seek to take Southshore and make it into a new Port while the Worgen do the same with Gilneas. In the launch raid we fight against Azshara's most powerful minions and take out a chunk of her chain of command in the form of powerful Naga introduced through 8.0 questing.
    There's only one leveling zone per faction? Also the Forsaken already have Southshore, it's a plague-riddled ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    This is not bad. However, the fact that it spoils the expansion's end pretty much confirms it's not a real leak. Any real information would hardly go beyond what we would see in Blizzcon.
    Sort of like the above, I'm find it fairly hard to believe a theoretical expansion where there's a single story relevant zone (In this case, Ny'alotha--which by the way, why is Azshara raising this and not Nazjatar, the one far more well known). Why is Azshara attacking Kul Tiras for seemingly no reason, and why does Jaina wait until she loses to ask for help--why does she ask the Night Elves of all people, the faction she (almost?) never interacts with, rather than say, the Silver Covenant?

I also have a really, really hard time believing we kill Azshara and N'zoth in Tier 2, and then go to Northrend to fight a stronger Lich King. Would Blizzard really reduce both Azshara and N'zoth to side villain tier for the sake of Lich King 2.0? Is bolvar really stupid enough to think that he can take down both the Alliance and Horde, and to order a small faction of DKs to attack them?

This would be like if Order 66 was just for one squad of clone troopers to turn against the entire rest of the republic army, and the Jedi, and the trade federation's droids.

Is this a "leak" that was deleted or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Nothing feels as legitimate as The Dark Below, Eye of Azshara, or Council of Glades this time around. Veil of Shadows was the closest we had to believable and the OP admitted to faking it.
    Those are old news!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Maybe titans when sealing N'Zoth decides to use Old Gods facility/city. Because its located underwater. Also C'Thun was in city of race created by old gods.
    Nah, C'thun was in a Titan prison and research facility that was subsequently taken by the Aqir after C'thun drove its guardians insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Is this a "leak" that was deleted or something?
    It was a thread that was auto-pruned because its thread title was extremely similar to the small that frequently happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Please no Sylvanas Lich Queen.
    1) I am so tired of heroes going corrupt.
    2) I am so tired of faction leaders dying/being killed.
    3) I am so tired of the constant suggestion every patch that Sylvanas is going to be a raid boss, it's so unoriginal.
    while i agree on point 2, I disagree one point 1... She was never a "hero".
    Point 3 could be made about literally anyone, by now every wow npc has been suggested as a raid boss.

I know they're old news, but they were believable. I haven't really seen any leaks that sold me this time around yet.
    Yeah sorry I misread your sentence! You're right, Veil of Shadows came close but in the end... nope! But WoD didn't feel legitimate at all when it leaked, and for many, MoP didn't either. Sooo, who knows?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There's only one leveling zone per faction? Also the Forsaken already have Southshore, it's a plague-riddled ruin.
    Oh, no no no no no! I didn't mean there was only one leveling zone per faction. I meant there was one Hub zone per faction with quests out in the South Seas and the various ports of Azeroth fighting against the Naga to try and get Azshara.

And the Forsaken don't "Have" Southshore. They destroyed it. They'd have to clear out the oozes and build it up into something in a questline, with the intent that Southshore might become the new Forsaken Racial City after 9.3 and Sylvanas's fall.

It'd be -really- different!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Random thought: Argus could be a hint of a Necromancer class/spec in the future, since he is the Death Titan and adds a new theme and effects in for death magic. I'm not talking about it being 8.x but could be at some point in the future
    Pretty sure we will never see something like a Necromancer class. A Necromancer similar to the Diablo 3 class would be very interesting but that would mean stripping off half of the DK skills.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-10-17 at 04:19 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Maybe titans when sealing N'Zoth decides to use Old Gods facility/city. Because its located underwater. Also C'Thun was in city of race created by old gods.
    Yes, but from the description, Ny'alotha seems like a city that never fell to the Titans, if it even is on Azeroth.
    But to be honest, we just don't know enough about it, it might be any of these:
    - It's indeed N'zoths prison
    - Hidden Black Empire stronghold on the other side of Azeroth
    - Not even on Azeroth.
    - Located somewhere in the dream/nightmare.
    - And here is the craziest ides: The city might be a living, moving old god/void creation. Nyarlathotep is a living being after all, and is also the son of Azathoth. Now if they took more than just names from Lovecraftian lore then it could lead to some amazing events.
    If more people payed attention to the Lovecraft connections in WoW we would have a lot crazier speculations.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

My money is still with a more toned down theme in the next expansion, similar to Mists.

I already hear the announcement - After the exhausting battle against the Burning Legion, the Heroes of Azeroth can catch a breath and settle down - in their own houses!

Yeah, screw races, subraces or classes. I just want my own little piece of Azeroth that offers absolutely no gameplay other than cosmetic stuff and customization.

A man can dream.

Deleted
    guys how long was the 7.0 hype thread?

Yes, but from the description, Ny'alotha seems like a city that never fell to the Titans, if it even is on Azeroth.
    But to be honest, we just don't know enough about it, it might be any of these:
    - It's indeed N'zoths prison
    - Hidden Black Empire stronghold on the other side of Azeroth
    - Not even on Azeroth.
    - Located somewhere in the dream/nightmare.
    - And here is the craziest ides: The city might be a living, moving old god/void creation. Nyarlathotep is a living being after all, and is also the son of Azathoth. Now if they took more than just names from Lovecraftian lore then it could lead to some amazing events.
    If more people payed attention to the Lovecraft connections in WoW we would have a lot crazier speculations.
    What if N'zoth is Ny'alotha? What if Ny'alotha is just in N'zoth's mind or something like that? As you said. I mean it musn't be an actual place in the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    guys how long was the 7.0 hype thread?
    Twice this thread I think.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Oh, no no no no no! I didn't mean there was only one leveling zone per faction. I meant there was one Hub zone per faction with quests out in the South Seas and the various ports of Azeroth fighting against the Naga to try and get Azshara.

And the Forsaken don't "Have" Southshore. They destroyed it. They'd have to clear out the oozes and build it up into something in a questline, with the intent that Southshore might become the new Forsaken Racial City after 9.3 and Sylvanas's fall.

It'd be -really- different!
    Orgrimmar was not removed after - or even during - Siege of Orgrimmar. No need to do anything to Undercity even if Assault on Undercity becomes a raid.

MoP felt pretty right to me, but I also always liked Pandaren conceptually (as you guys know, I love new races).

WoD was... Well...

When WoD leaked, I believed it because it was so unbelievably underwhelming that only Blizzard would think of it.

I completely thought Legion was going to be Council of Glades though, so that one took me unaware and it was actually kind of nice to be blindsided.
    Well when we saw the MoP trademark, I felt that was it as well, but many people called BS upon this one! When WoD leaked however, I didn't believe it because time traveling orcs riding gronns was just absolute nonsense haha! And we know what happened next.

And as for Legion, I was expecting Azshara (again) taking advantage of us being gone from Azeroth but eh, I was wrong (again)!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure we will never see something like a Necromancer class. A Necromancer similar to the Diablo 3 class would be very interesting but that would mean stripping off half of the DK skills.
    That's why I said class/spec, while class is unlikely its possible that they could add or rework an existing spec for Warlocks or DK's.

Lore reason for warlocks: After the fall of Sargeras the power of fel also went down so some warlocks turned to necromancy. (If a rogue can be a pirate, a warlock can be a necromancer)
    Lore for DKs: Bolvar's deathknights have been dabbling with pure necromancy more than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    My money is still with a more toned down theme in the next expansion, similar to Mists.

I already hear the announcement - After the exhausting battle against the Burning Legion, the Heroes of Azeroth can catch a breath and settle down - in their own houses!

Yeah, screw races, subraces or classes. I just want my own little piece of Azeroth that offers absolutely no gameplay other than cosmetic stuff and customization.

A man can dream.
    As a player and a rolist, I would absolutely love that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Orgrimmar was not removed after - or even during - Siege of Orgrimmar. No need to do anything to Undercity even if Assault on Undercity becomes a raid.
    ... to be 100% honest I just feel like due to it's design and location the Undercity is a bad racial city and something on the surface in a swampy morass of near perpetual darkness would be better than sewers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What if N'zoth is Ny'alotha? What if Ny'alotha is just in N'zoth's mind or something like that? As you said. I mean it musn't be an actual place in the real world.
    Thing is, I doubt it's just in N'zoth's mind since the Puzzle box of yoggy also mentions it. However if N'zoth's mind was connected to some other realm/plane then it could be very much in his mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I said class/spec, while class is unlikely its possible that they could add or rework an existing spec for Warlocks or DK's.

Lore reason for warlocks: After the fall of Sargeras the power of fel also went down so some warlocks turned to necromancy. (If a rogue can be a pirate, a warlock can be a necromancer)
    Lore for DKs: Bolvar's deathknights have been dabbling with pure necromancy more than before.
    I always felt Warlocks(Before Dks) dabbled in dark arts(Shadow,Fel demonic). That's what I perceived them to be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    What I would like is for them to give us the ability to play subraces, without actually giving us subraces. Just by adding a lot of customization so you could also make hybrids with like some aspects of what would be 2 different subraces of 1 race.