So with pc version soon arriving im gonna play a warlock as i did in D1 just to much fun with the void and arc specs ( dont care about the new spec it does not look fun, though i will give it a go) is there any difference in what factions and whatnot to focus on or does all 3 classes get the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    so console beta-testers, how is destiny 2 ? worth getting on 24th for pc ?
    Depends what you are looking for.

Its endgame is lacking but the lead up to it is good. If you plan to jump into this like a MMO you will blow thought the content quickly. Even playing casually it won't take long but you can easily get 50+hrs of gameplay out of it.

Watch some reviews/streams and see what you think. I can't recommend it just due to the nature of the gameplay (being a loot grind). I can't ever recommend games like that because some like it and some don't.

I have issues with Destiny 2 but I got my money's worth (bought it twice, upgraded to the LE version).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was PC open beta, I tried it and to me the game felt too fucking slow (general movement) and boring (AI, level design, combat). It was beautiful though.
    I will not be buying it, even though I planned before the open beta.

P.S. Oh yeah, forgot to add the story hook is nonexistent and deisgned for kids.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

if u like doing the same 4 things over and over sure :P

Seasons announcement on Twitch in 3 days and guys, wait till the PC release, they can't make any big comments otherwise, they risk to screw their sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Seasons announcement on Twitch in 3 days and guys, wait till the PC release, they can't make any big comments otherwise, they risk to screw their sales.
    Is something special coming with the PC release?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Not really, they just don't want to screw up the PC sales but announcing big changes before the release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perspective.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

As someone who played all of D1 and its expansions i can give a very firm 'wait and see'. The current game is both barebones and a lot of its mechanics simply dont work beyond a week or twos play. My advice knowing bungies past work is wait a few weeks till the first expansion that will probably be their 'this will fix it!' update. Until then its objectively worse than D1 and not worth it. But that doesnt mean it wont be in future if TTK is anything to go by its just not worth full retail price right now when you could get something like the entire year 1 Destiny on PS4 or XBone and have a significantly better experience for far less money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know how long it will be before the first update?

There is a paid dlc update coming in late november or early december. But after the first month of staggered unlocks there has been no news of any free updates. The things they said adding microtransactions was supposed to add more of after the 3 we got in D1. Yyyyyep.

Theres likely to be an announcement once the PC version is released. Let them catch up a bit to the console users then make an announcement for the Christmas crowd

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm seems reasonable. I hear D1 shaped up to be a really good game after the second update.

I see a lot of people saying D2 has the normal "nothing to do" end game of most MMOs now-a-days. That shouldn't effect me much since I only have a good 1 hour to play a day. I will prob still be behind everyone else by the first content drop later this year. =o[****

Hmm seems reasonable. I hear D1 shaped up to be a really good game after the second update.

I see a lot of people saying D2 has the normal "nothing to do" end game of most MMOs now-a-days. That shouldn't effect me much since I only have a good 1 hour to play a day. I will prob still be behind everyone else by the first content drop later this year. =o[****
    yeah even blowing through content, its still a great game with more being added. At your pace of play, i doubt you would get bored too fast, in fact like you said, you may even end up a little behind lol

It's a collection game sorely lacking in things to collect.

Expect big changes at some point. Probably not with the dlcs but with the big year 2 expansion. Anyone excited to get the game I'm going to recommend holding off for a year.

- - - Updated - - -

No, if you play an hour a day (I played an hour a day except to raid) you'll be done with the game in max 3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's better to wait for Destiny 3 coming in 2020+. See if it will have a season pass - if true - wait for all the cotnent from it to arrive and then decide.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...und_400000_in/

The player base has dropped by 2 million players since launch, 400k in the last week. For a game that sold an estimated 4 million across all platforms a 50% drop thats still dropping before those pc prepurchases even go live is pretty goddamn huge.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...und_400000_in/

The player base has dropped by 2 million players since launch, 400k in the last week. For a game that sold an estimated 4 million across all platforms a 50% drop thats still dropping before those pc prepurchases even go live is pretty goddamn huge.
    Yep and I personally only expect the PC sells to be around 1/4 of the total so far even with people buying them via WoW gold. The game needs improvement's and quickly.

Personally I'm on the fence of I come back at all when the first big patch hits. I guess it will just depend what they do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep and I personally only expect the PC sells to be around 1/4 of the total so far even with people buying them via WoW gold. The game needs improvement's and quickly.

Personally I'm on the fence of I come back at all when the first big patch hits. I guess it will just depend what they do.
    I think its totally fixable and given the track record Curse of Osiris is probably when its going to hit, but i dont think anyone can deny they really shit the bed with the launch content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think its totally fixable and given the track record Curse of Osiris is probably when its going to hit, but i dont think anyone can deny they really shit the bed with the launch content.
    I expect no less than 5 more token vendors all with their own unique tokens to turn in.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.