Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Fair? Yes.

Good tax policy? Hahahahaha
    I mean, the "fairness" has to assume that how people arrived at their income was also fair. Same family income, same education, same higher education funding, same inherited wealth, etc. The tax system, as I understand it, accounts that higher wealth and its acquisition are unfair.

No because a flat rate does not affect the rich as much as the poor.

A flat taxation is only equal if everyone is at equal wages across the workforce which obviously can't happen since not all jobs are created equal.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-10-17 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I know you're Orlong and you have a habit of posting things that are . . . baity.

But no one should be forced to give up their entire lives and work 80 hours a week for two jobs just to get by.
    People dont work their entire lives at the same place for the same pay (unless they are a really shitty worker). People work their way up the ladder and/or get raises as they accumulate experience and seniority

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with a flat tax rate and also a higher tax free allowance maybe around £15,000 so low income families get a bit of protection.

Flat tax would also make tax returns much easier.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Thats the problem with you entitled millenials. Every job doesnt have to be desirable. 90% of people hate their job but they do it because they need money. If you want more money, earn it whether the job is desirable or not. And you arent entitled to a good quality of life, you need to earn that
    People dont work their entire lives at the same place for the same pay (unless they are a really shitty worker). People work their way up the ladder and/or get raises as they accumulate experience and seniority
    Stop, you're clearly posting using a bunch of assumptions you have about labor.

Thats the problem with you entitled millenials. Every job doesnt have to be desirable. 90% of people hate their job but they do it because they need money. If you want more money, earn it whether the job is desirable or not. And you arent entitled to a good quality of life, you need to earn that
    Trump "earned" a good quality of life, huh? Also, if you're a baby boomer, you are by far the most spoiled generation. Your parents willingly paid higher taxes to give their children a good education and no economic debt. But boomers reversed that because they wanted more money for them and more debt for their children. Absolute worst generation.

Taxation by it's definition is theft.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I agree with a flat tax rate and also a higher tax free allowance maybe around £15,000 so low income families get a bit of protection.

Flat tax would also make tax returns much easier.
    So not a flat tax, then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    You must hate having enforcement for your rights and, therefore, hate your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    I mean, that's kind of like saying paying for a meal is theft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Trump "earned" a good quality of life, huh? Also, if you're a baby boomer, you are by far the most spoiled generation. Your parents willingly paid higher taxes to give their children a good education and no economic debt. But boomers reversed that because they wanted more money for them and more debt for their children. Absolute worst generation.
    Im actually GenX. Born in 1972

I can support a flat tax provided that it’s explained clearly and honestly.
    I can also support a negative tax rate which Milton Friedman supported as way to end welfare. People under a threshold can keep their money without the government taking some.
    The way I view taxes is that the government should be able to use it to expand primary school not college, expand the military or keep it maintained, keep our defense up at the National level. Everything else should be held out of private charity services. Healthcare private and funded by charity, welfare would be provided by private charity. Should the government need extra income it should be provided from drug licenses and legalization of drugs such as hemp, salvia and marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Stop, you're clearly posting using a bunch of assumptions you have about labor.
    Nah, he is speaking about life in general. Life ISN'T always desirable. Especially if you are poor and have no access to modern tech.

But SOMEONE has to do the undesirable jobs, like farm in the heat, or build houses in the cold, etc, for the REST of us to not have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    I mean, that's kind of like saying paying for a meal is theft.
    It is if the government forces you to buy that meal whether youre hungry or not under the threat of massive fines and jailtime if you refuse to buy the meal

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Tax is theft /s
    Benefiting from living in a modern society and not paying taxes is theft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Then the poor are all felons for not paying anything. Im glad we can agree on something

Im actually GenX. Born in 1972
    Don't refute anything about Trump or a generation fucking their kids with lower taxes? Okay, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    incompetent people taking my taxes is theft - i gladly pay taxes to people who are competent enough to ensure modern society is beneficial.

Then the poor are all felons for not paying anything. Im glad we can agree on something
    get better material mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    So not a flat tax, then?

- - - Updated - - -

You must hate having enforcement for your rights and, therefore, hate your rights.
    I never denied that taxes aren't practical. That doesn't make it not theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Nah, he is speaking about life in general. Life ISN'T always desirable. Especially if you are poor and have no access to modern tech.

But SOMEONE has to do the undesirable jobs, like farm in the heat, or build houses in the cold, etc, for the REST of us to not have to.
    I'm mostly referencing the part where he talks about how people move up in life.