Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    all this article says to me is I need to get a vasectomy.
    If you're so petrified about having a kid then sure. Better to do that then being a deadbeat dad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    If they don't accept risk of pregnancy happening maybe they shouldn't have sex.
    If you're a woman in a relationship, knowing 100% that your partner doesn't want a child, you're a piece of shit human being if you stop taking your birth control without telling him, or poke holes into condoms.

This is a point where I'm all in favor of forced abortions (unless the woman is willing to assume 100% responsibility for the child).

Your argument is so fallacious. What if a man lies about having a serious STD to his partner? Would you still say "well if you don't wanna risk it, don't have sex?" No. The man would and should be held responsible for infecting her.

When you're having sex with someone, it's based on certain understandings and agreements. As far as I'm concerned, lying about birth control breaches the terms of consent, just as lying about an STD would.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Just how does marriage mean being on the same page when it comes to children. It's far from unheard of for married people to have opposing views on kids and simply never tell there partner. If anything to my mind it's more likely that tampering with birth control is more common within a marriage as it amounts to one person forcing the other to have kids all under the tagline of well nothings 100% guaranteed I guess we just have to deal with whilst also operating under a much more solid base of having there partner along for the ride whilst the entire underhanded sneakiness plays out since there locked into a marriage. Tennisace's inability to understand human nature as always continues to amaze.
    I don't think any form of birth control is 100%, even vasectomies can be botched, the surgeon will explain this to you before you go under the knife.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    When are you getting married Tennisace?
    My personal life is personal mate. Mind your own business.

Birth control pills boast a 99.9% effective rate.
    Most women slack in taking pills the most effective way and being sick can influence it, using some other medicines can influence it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be hard when for 4 years straight you are averaging over 7 posts on MMO-C every single day of your life
    What does this have to do with the thread? Please stop flaming/ Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    People need to be serious about their relationship before they get married.
    Marriage doesn't elevate or improve anything. It's a celebration - the commitment must already be there.
    If anything, people too often rush marriage to "fix" their relationship. It doesn't work.
    No marriage is the apex of love.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread is about marriage no? I only asked you a simple question mate
    It's about marriage in general. Not about the OP's personal life. Seems straightforward.

There are exceptions for everything in life yea, but if you really want to be super safe, birth control + condom = no kids.
    It's not an exception, birth control pills are only that effective if you take them as you should and most women do not. They take them with a few hours difference from day to day sometimes, that can reduce how effective they are.

Birth control is 99.9% effective
    This is so untrue.

They only work except when this thing happens. My friend, that is the definition of exception no?
    Except when this things happen? Very few women have perfect usage of birth control pills for full effectiveness. It's not the exception, it's the norm.

Deleted
    The thread is about marriage no? I only asked you a simple question mate
    Everybody knows he has no life and keeps spouting BS like these threads. When I see a thread on the frontpage and read its name, I already know who it is and this shit tires me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why we're discussing the efficacy of birth control when abortions can easily end an unwanted pregnancy anyway.

With regards to "trapping" a guy with child support, child support isn't considered a legal penalty in the first place, and it isn't owed to the partner, it's owed to the child. If you didn't want to pay, you could go for custody instead, after all. The child's upkeep needs to be provided for, and that's what child support does. If you want to argue that the State should provide that, I'd agree that's an option and could see negating parental obligations (and rights) in that case, but not without such.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not sure why we're discussing the efficacy of birth control when abortions can easily end an unwanted pregnancy anyway.

With regards to "trapping" a guy with child support, child support isn't considered a legal penalty in the first place, and it isn't owed to the partner, it's owed to the child. If you didn't want to pay, you could go for custody instead, after all. The child's upkeep needs to be provided for, and that's what child support does. If you want to argue that the State should provide that, I'd agree that's an option and could see negating parental obligations (and rights) in that case, but not without such.
    Not everyone wants to have an abortion or are okay with abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

That is at perfect usage, very few women have perfect usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    If you're so petrified about having a kid then sure. Better to do that then being a deadbeat dad.
    your article counts as a horror film. so I'm just gonna do the smart thing and be that side character that doesn't die but is in the movie for like 2 mins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep. It's very common for women to miss days due to being sick, falling asleep early, etc. And many times they are too fat for their dosage to be effective.

Good reason to have a discussion about abortions ahead of time. At least force her to lie about being willing to have an abortion; many women will outright deny the option, meaning you should stay far away from them.

No marriage is the apex of love.
    HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA JESUS CHRIST, MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE.

You can't be under 20 and look at articles like that, and you can't be 20 and believe something like that. There is a loophole of impossibility going on here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Not everyone wants to have an abortion or are okay with abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

That is at perfect usage, very few women have perfect usage.
    Anyone who isn't ok with an abortion is an idiot. Which is why it's critical for men to stay away from such women in case the birth control fails.

The standard is to be taken everyday (I assume I've never taken them), if the standard is not met, then it's an exception. Laziness and irresponsibility being prevalent in today's society does not change that simple truth.
    It's not just taken every day, you have to take it on time. You can't just take it in the morning one day and then evening the other day. That's not perfect usage. Most women don't have perfect usage of it because you have to take it on time, not just any time during the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. He makes a good point. There is a chance condoms and other types of birth control can fail. This means there's always a chance a child can be conceived.
    Don't cum inside if you are so terrified. I and my GF are at it for 3 years now, she takes pills and I am _usually_ pulling out and we're both fully aware that it can happen and we have a clear understanding with each other that if it happens we take it next step, we aren't planning it now, but if this will happen it's ok.

We literally did this hundreds of times and nothing happened so far, I honestly deep inside start to wish this would actually happen soon, it's 3 years already after all.

If you can't reach that kind of understanding, have trust issues or are afraid of consequences - then protect yourself on your end - if you want feel free to have no sex without marriage - your life.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-10-17 at 06:02 PM.