Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Russia is, overall, pretty safe for gay. It is that specific area that is extremely bad (for gay and everyone else there)
    Russia is still in the top 10 nations for LGBT to avoid

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Care to provide said list please? ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

This was a recent incident in Finland.
    "Two Russian homosexuals stab themselves in front of the Finnish parliament: "We rather die in Finland than in Russia""
    https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comm...lves_in_front/

Unfortunately there's no English version of the news article. They were Russian asylum seekers who did harakiri type self-stab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Care to provide said list please? ;D
    https://www.outtraveler.com/features...rticle-content

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Horrible page interface.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Horrible page interface.
    You're free to Google others

So? What is your point? Russia should stay still while West would impose "Gay Pride" on Chechnya or what? I'm sincerely confused ;D

You know nothing about Chechnya. To have "Gay Pride" in Grozny is like to completely disarm Texas or something.
    No, one involves taking the freedoms away from people, the other does not.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a serious issue, and should be addressed. It's clear Putin and his regime doesn't want to deal with it, he doesn't give a shit if gay people are oppressed. This is definitely something the UN could, and should deal with.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously guys. Are you obsessed with problems of gays in Saudi Arabia? Or even better. In ISIS-held territories? To be obsessed with gay-issues in Chechnya is like to be obsessed with women rights in Qatar or something. If you want some gay fun - welcome to Moscow. Sodom and Gomorrah never saw stuff Moscow has.
    Yes, people are opposed to the actions of ISIS against gay people. That doesn't mean they can't also point out oppression somewhere else. Stop trying to deflect, it's embarrassing.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is a serious issue, and should be addressed. It's clear Putin and his regime doesn't want to deal with it, he doesn't give a shit if gay people are oppressed. This is definitely something the UN could, and should deal with.
    So how will you "address" this "serious issue" practically. Many of Russian laws have exceptions mostly because of Chechnya. Like you cannot marry until you are 16 (18 even in most regions) ...but you can do it if you are 14... ....in Chechnya etc.

You have to understand Chechnya is in unique position. It is part of Russia and thus protected by our nuclear umbrella while, on the other hand, it is semi-independent region. Everybody is armed there. Even kids have guns. Typical everyday Chechen is hardcore Muslim dead-serious about this stuff (the most extreme ones are plain Wahhabis like in Saudi Arabia or ISIS).

They (Chechens) basically won the war and Russia pays billions of rubles annually just to pacify them. We lost more men in couple of years in Chechnya than in 10 years in Afghanistan. We will not risk another war with them just to please western gays, sorry.

Just don't go there, enjoy the rest of Russia. We got gay clubs in every major Russian city ffs.

So basically Russia is dangerous for gays because we ban gay propaganda in elementary schools. Got it ;D
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-10-17 at 06:53 PM.
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump should make Milo an ambassador and send him over there to talk to them about this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia is still in the top 10 nations for LGBT to avoid
    What are the other 9? Okay, some are obvious...

So how will you "address" this "serious issue" practically. Many of Russian laws have exceptions mostly because of Chechnya. Like you cannot marry until you are 16 (18 even in most regions) ...but you can do it if you are 14... ....in Chechnya etc.

You have to understand Chechnya is in unique position. It is part of Russia and thus protected by our nuclear umbrella while, on the other hand, it is semi-independent region. Everybody is armed there. Even kids have guns. Typical everyday Chechen is hardcore Muslim dead-serious about this stuff (the most extreme ones are plain Wahhabis like in Saudi Arabia or ISIS).

They (Chechens) basically won the war and Russia pays billions of rubles annually just to pacify them. We lost more men in couple of years in Chechnya than in 10 years in Afghanistan. We will not risk another war with them just to please western gays, sorry.

Just don't go there, enjoy the rest of Russia. We got gay clubs in every major Russian city ffs.

So basically Russia is dangerous for gays because we ban gay propaganda in elementary schools. Got it ;D
    Once again, how does that justify the oppression? It doesn't. Putin has no problem oppressing gays, the increasing homophobic mentality in Russia is helping his popularity.

That's the thing about freedom, if a person doesn't care about the freedoms of others, then he doesn't really give a shit about freedom at all. I see no reason to ignore something, just because I'm not the one being oppressed. It's a shame that Russia and their little pets are so disdainful of gay people

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever being in Russia pal? I mean do you know anything about Russia besides what CNN (or other western mainstream media) tells you? What are you even talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Trump should make Milo an ambassador and send him over there to talk to them about this.
    You may be surprised with results.

...if he would avoid Northern Caucasus obviously ;D

P.S. I'm personally big fun of Milo and even subed to his YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Russia is, overall, pretty safe for gay. It is that specific area that is extremely bad (for gay and everyone else there)
    Compared to which other country?
    Saudi Arabia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever being in Russia pal? I mean do you know anything about Russia besides what CNN (or other western mainstream media) tells you? What are you even talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

No I wouldn’t lol.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I'm personally big fun of Milo and even subed to his YouTube channel.
    I know plenty about Russia. I know they are still very competitive with the west, especially the United States. I know there is growing homophobia within the country, and it is largely in conjunction with the tactics of the current authoritarian regime. Yes, I consider Putin's government to be a regime. He's old-school KGB, and a pure autocrat. He has no problem killing and threatening political enemies, and padding the bank accounts of his friends. I know the Russian culture is all about trying to be macho, which does not bode well for gay people in the country. I also know there is a growing trend of violence against gay people in Russia.

Is there anything else I should know?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No I wouldn’t lol.
    We do have openly gay politicians in Russia you know. They are not highly successful, true. But it's not like they are hiding in the bushes.

Milo will do just fine in most parts of Russia especially in both capitals.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It just means that there can't be Pride parades, you can't be arrested for being gay, not so many ordinary people actually care about it, but you can be beat up by gopniks.
    No, that is not "just" what it means.
    Inform yourself.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I know plenty about Russia. I know they are still very competitive with the west, especially the United States. I know there is growing homophobia within the country, and it is largely in conjunction with the tactics of the current authoritarian regime. Yes, I consider Putin's government to be a regime. He's old-school KGB, and a pure autocrat. He has no problem killing and threatening political enemies, and padding the bank accounts of his friends. I know the Russian culture is all about trying to be macho, which does not bode well for gay people in the country. I also know there is a growing trend of violence against gay people in Russia.

Is there anything else I should know?
    Any specific examples?

This has been happening for a very long time in Russia outside this particular strain of genocide. It's unfortunately embedded in the ruling elite's culture. Not everyone, or most, but those with power. Murders, rapes (ironic), government-sanction or suspicious killings, etc., relating to homophobia have been documented for a long time.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2017-10-17 at 07:26 PM.

Any specific examples?
    Specific examples of what, exactly? I made many statements.