Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    You don't get better weapons or armor from " loot boxes ", what kind of dumb shot is this?
    Battlefront 2.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    While I am not even buying or playing this game..... apparently people ARE speaking with their wallets.....just not in a way that you want it.

Tough Titties.
    What's your opinion about this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    You can't buy power in the game, they only give you vanity items. All this fake outrage over something that isn't happening is hilarious.
    Do patents often happen with the intent of not being used?
    The mere planning of this should be enough for outrage. Do you think we need to always sit and wait for something to happen before we react to it? You do know the entire world of politics is about what people plan to do and we get upset about that all the time, because it’s reasonable if it’s ridiculous things they plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Ofc. it gets worst ..... plenty of people in this topic are actually defending this, go figure.
    Some people have weak morals and ethics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Not sure I understand how this would work. 50% of the time YOU are the player who is matched against someone better, and 50% of the time YOU are the better player that someone got matched against? It's impossible to always match everyone against better players, because then those "better players" would be matched against weaker players.
    Which means that you as the strong player will be stomping suckers because Activision wants to sell your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slavrix View Post
    I love things like this.

If all players are getting matched against players better.....then what constitutes a better player?
    Since a player better than you will also be matched against a player better than them?

Holes amongst the Layers.
    Elo-ception
    Speciation Is Gradual

well, there is enough good games out there, that dont do all the AAA bullshit.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Illegal? Lol it's a game.
    Laws apply to games too, dear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Activision saw how EA and WB was doing "business", and wanted to out do em in fucking over customers. Im not shocked, cant wait for what bullshit Ubisoft does next then all 4 big ones would have been cunts over a short timespan
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    How do you not feel that map-matching to give a smoke and mirrors effect to an item's usefulness not impeding on quality of matches? It clearly attempts to give a benefit to the buyer of a map that would otherwise be random and possibly unfavorable. It's clearly rigged. Most of this, especially for purely cosmetic items, it doesn't bother me. But to explicitly try to prove an item's worth through match manipulation, that's really where the line lies.
    Because nothing there said it would affect the quality of matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It’s underhanded, scummy.
    So what? It intentionally matches you with people you wouldn’t otherwise be matched with, solely for the purpose of incentivizing you into purchasing power in a game with real money. As another poster put it “You’ll be an ant to get stomped my gods” just so you’ll want to use real money to not get stomped by them anymore.
    It doesn't say that you'll be matched with people you otherwise shouldn't be. Nor does it suggest you'll be put into matches where you're not competitive. That's where you start imagining things that aren't in the patent.

TL;DR Activision just patented a system for Destiny 2 which matches you against players better than you, to motivate you into buying shortcuts with real money.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/...-items-w509288

This seems almost illegal. If not illegal, highly immoral. It targets what potentially is children with underhanded sales tactics. Not only that, but it will intentionally make an unfair match to do so.
    Looks like they added an update to the article in regard to Destiny 2 specifically.

Update: Bungie community manager David "Deej" Dague tells Glixel that the technology referenced in the patent is not being used in Destiny 2. We have still not heard back from Activision, which publishes Destiny 2 as well as a number of other games including the Call of Duty titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It doesn't say that you'll be matched with people you otherwise shouldn't be. Nor does it suggest you'll be put into matches where you're not competitive. That's where you start imagining things that aren't in the patent.
    It literally matches you with people based on the amount of microtransactions they have purchased. Either to be envious for their powerful stuff, or be dominated by their powerful stuff. In both cases you are not competitive with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR Activision just patented a system for Destiny 2
    And then in the ACTUAL ARTICLE
    Bungie community manager David "Deej" Dague tells Glixel that the technology referenced in the patent is not being used in Destiny 2.
    Hooray for reading the article you link.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    And then in the ACTUAL ARTICLE

Hooray for reading the article you link.
    That was updated after the article was posted, possibly after OP had read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I don't see an issue with sparing those that are better then you. Learning from those that are better then you is a great way to learn.
    Things like, "swipe the card", is a great thing to learn.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It literally matches you with people based on the amount of microtransactions they have purchased.
    Not according to the article, no. You're assuming that the ONLY source of these items would be microtransactions, which isn't part of this patent.

Either to be envious for their powerful stuff, or be dominated by their powerful stuff. In both cases you are not competitive with them.
    Doesn't mean you shouldn't be matched with them anyway. It just means they'll tweak the metric a bit to encourage those particular types of connections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let them, all this is going to cause is people to bail on the game even faster.

As nothing ruins an online experience more then feeling you are being unfairly treated, some might buy something most will just return to the dozens of better shooters out there once the new feeling is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Play a game that's pay to win
    See p2w elements placed
    Get outraged it's p2w
    "I know it's pay to win, but damn it why is it pay to win?!"

I don't understand you people.
    I agree

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm both surprised and saddened in seeing how many are fine with shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Play a game that's pay to win
    See p2w elements placed
    Get outraged it's p2w
    "I know it's pay to win, but damn it why is it pay to win?!"

I don't understand you people.
    Lol, thinking that D2 is pay to win.

But also, this article is fucking awful. This system is not in Destiny 2, nor could it realistically work in d2.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm both surprised and saddened in seeing how many are fine with shit like this.
    It's exactly where Activision wants them. The lines for any decent business practices are abandoned for excuses like "well, its ok, because they want to make money". People are already beginning to steer away from these exploitative games, but I suppose they will just continue to prey on the ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am doing what you want and suggested. I vote with my wallet and don't buy the game, as I explained. But what are you gonna do? You are kinda late to the game...I mean..I have found allegedly "free" facebook games despicable since forever, yet companies like King are making such a shitload of money from "free" games like Candy Crush so that the company apparently was worth a 5 billion pricetag to Blizzard?

At the same time I find it off-turning how Apple and other corporations like Mc Donalds yada yada make their money...and I avoid their products too? Yes...it is pick and chose, because we still live in a capitalist consumers world.

- - - Updated - - -

Soooo...fair enough..what laws are they breaking? As I tried to pint out in quoting you..you "feel" they "almost" do illegal things. That is NOT breaking laws.

Let's hear what laws they break then....
    It just annoys me that "boycotting" won't work. The trend will continue, and it won't be far until a game I really want gets sucked into this business model and then I will have no choice but to suck it up. : /