Poll: Start new race at which level?

Level if New Race in next EXP?

Hi,

at which level do you wish to start a new race character if one will be added with next expansion?

A new race will always start at level 1. Having them start at level 110 is effectively a free character boost for any class you want, and Blizzard's not going to give something away for free if they can charge $60 for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would a new race start at anything other than lvl 1 unless they are able to play as a DK or DH?

I say lvl 1 :3

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    A new race will always start at level 1. Having them start at level 110 is effectively a free character boost for any class you want, and Blizzard's not going to give something away for free if they can charge $60 for it.
    Because even through blizzard want money money money, they aren't stupid too. If they were to create a new race, they also don't want the players to be so out of touch. With a new race, leveling to Level 120 would be the main issue, and it's simply takes too long. But Level 110 would be too much; personally i believe if they do something like this, you might start at level 90-95, finish the starting zone at level 100; as they did it with death knights. You do NOT skip the legion-content for sure.

Also: even through there is character-boost available i doubt that blizzard unlocks the char-boost before the first big content-patch for the new race.

Also you might play the race before the next expansion releases with a pre-order of the next xpack. (but then the level 1-char would make sense too)
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-10-17 at 11:40 PM.

That is absolutely true. No point if no profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Why would a new race start at anything other than lvl 1 unless they are able to play as a DK or DH?
    EXACTLY!!!!
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because even through blizzard want money money money, they aren't stupid too. If they were to create a new race, they also don't want the players to be so out of touch. With a new race, leveling to Level 120 would be the main issue, and it's simply takes too long. But Level 110 would be too much; personally i believe if they do something like this, you might start at level 90-95, finish the starting zone at level 100; as they did it with death knights. You do NOT skip the legion-content for sure.

Also you might play the race before the next expansion releases with a pre-order of the next xpack.
    But see, that completely invalidates the character boost service Blizzard has. People could just make the new race of any class they want, then race change, then level whatever is level after skipping the majority of leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I want a new race to start at 1 just like all the other races. Just because they are a new race, doesn't automatically mean they get to be a higher level.

Thats racist.

Deleted
    It would be insane to make a race always start at 100

The race doesn't determine at what level a character starts. Class, does, and only 2 start above level 1.

But see, that completely invalidates the character boost service Blizzard has. People could just make the new race of any class they want, then race change, then level whatever is level after skipping the majority of leveling.
    Still you would need to level them up at least 20-30 levels through old content too; and people who buys a char-boost for a full-price game does not really care about saving a few bucks, they rather level up instantly.

This is actually one of my concerns about new races. No matter which race, unless they're trapped like Goblins and Worgen for a good chunk of their levels, the leveling zones will feel so out of place for them, even worse than DK going to Outland.

Let's just say it's a Naga race, I'm pretty sure they will have their stories begin at 8.0's story line, which makes the most sense, then why are they going to go through the Legion's contents? That's going to be extremely absurd, although it does make sense to let them go through 1-120 for the business' sake.

1 obviously. We don't need even more shortcuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    This is actually one of my concerns about new races. No matter which race, unless they're trapped like Goblins and Worgen for a good chunk of their levels, the leveling zones will feel so out of place for them, even worse than DK going to Outland.

Let's just say it's a Naga race, I'm pretty sure they will have their stories begin at 8.0's story line, which makes the most sense, then why are they going to go through the Legion's contents? That's going to be extremely absurd, although it does make sense to let them go through 1-120 for the business' sake.
    Use your imagination and imagine that Bronze Dragonflight is sending you back in time to prepare you for the current threat by taking you through everything the forces of Azeroth had to go through up to this moment.