Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are "leftists" or "liberals" the new communists to these wackjobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty fucking tragic really. A man is dead and a woman has lost her husband and effectively her son as well. What's worse is T_D will inevitably spin this into some grand conspiracy without even a fucking ounce of self awareness or introspection, probably sending some other cunt to do something similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fascinating tool at github:

Analyse a Reddit User

https://atomiks.github.io/reddit-use...#seattle4truth

Most active subs were:

/r/The_Donald 83%
    /r/KotakuInAction 11%

Which makes a person wonder about the connection of MRA and Gamergate as a gateway for the alt-right movement. Which can also be construed as a gateway for radicalization.

3 month old story, posted as if it happened yesterday.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I don't know about this guy in particular, but any normal person visiting t_d or /pol/ would probably conclude that the posters fall into two categories: trolling or deranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Disagree he seems like a typical representative of those kinds of nutters.
    Just like the congressional baseball game shooter.

And people wonder why I am critical of emotionally charged rhetoric. The_Donald is doing the exact same thing that they're often critical of their political opponents for doing. I remember reading a post on The_Donald about the guy that shot Scalise, and the sentiment was something like, "This is what happens when you demonize the other side" and it had an image macro of the Kathy Griffin thing and a bunch of times the media has used emotionally charged rhetoric to imply Trump and Republicans are evil.

Pot meet kettle.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2017-10-17 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Fascinating tool at github:

Analyse a Reddit User

https://atomiks.github.io/reddit-use...#seattle4truth

Most active subs were:

/r/The_Donald 83%
    /r/KotakuInAction 11%

Which makes a person wonder about the connection of MRA and Gamergate as a gateway for the alt-right movement. Which can also be construed as a gateway for radicalization.
    As someone posting about politics on a gaming forum, you should probably chill with the bullshit before you find yourself on the receiving end of nonsense implications like this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    He's wearing red, therefor he was all along a communist under cover.

The sad part is, some people would actually use something like this as a way to point it towards their political adversaries lacking courage to look within their own ranks and condemn it.
    But I only try to look through one conspiracy theory at a time. and my mind's on the whole "WTF happened to that security guard from vegas" thread right now.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Nut jobs exists, shocker... people using it for their narrative, expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Are "leftists" or "liberals" the new communists to these wackjobs?
    Yes, you can see it seeping into this forum at times as well. "Leftists and liberals" are now flat out insults to a great deal on the right these days. Even "normal" people on the right use shit like "liburalz want to destroy the country" or "liberal logic" bullshit to strawman and demonize anyone that isn't conservative these days.

Its not as bad in left circles, its mostly focused on nazis and Trump atm, but it is trying to infect them to get as bad as right wing rhetoric has become. I suspect it will catch up to what right wing rhetoric has become after 8 years of Obama if Trump gets a full 8 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    When you live in a political bubble that tends to entertain conspiracy theories, it's only logical that some of these people will take them seriously and act on them.
    If this was about pizza gate like it seems like it is, it really isn't surprising when a crazy ass piece of shit starts killing people over a conspiracy that "X group is doing something legitly evil". I wish conspiracy peddlers would realize what their shit can cause and stop, but they make money from it so no hope in them being decent humans.

Is there an update to this story? The article says he would appear on Sep 7, which has come and gone. I assume he's in prison? I literally can't find anything about this other than the one article linked, and people talking about him as a youtuber, or journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Is there an update to this story? The article says he would appear on Sep 7, which has come and gone. I assume he's in prison? I literally can't find anything about this other than the one article linked, and people talking about him as a youtuber, or journalist.
    He is hella small time from what I'm finding. He apparently wrote shit for the ralphreport and his youtube channel is the username. About 10k views per crazy ass video at most it seems with a few spiking in the 100ks to 1mil.

Edit - Apparently he was big in gamergate? That died a long time go so maybe his popularity died out after that and no one really cares to keep track now.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2017-10-17 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    He is hella small time from what I'm finding. He apparently wrote shit for the ralphreport and his youtube channel is the username. About 10k views per crazy ass video at most it seems with a few spiking in the 100ks to 1mil.

Edit - Apparently he was big in gamergate? That died a long time go so maybe his popularity died out after that and no one really cares to keep track now.
    From what I read he was originally for gamergate, then flipped to anti-gamergate at some point during it. I keep finding little bits of info on who he was, but I can't find anything about the scheduled court date. He was in prison, so it's not like he ran away, and just didn't show up.

Edit: Now after digging into court records myself it appears his trial date has been moved to January 22nd 2018. He also had Domestic violence added to the charges.
    Last edited by Better; 2017-10-18 at 12:19 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Do people often call liberals pedophiles? If not, I'm wondering if he was stretching for an excuse, or if it was the Pizzagate bullshit, or if he had been molested as a child or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Do people often call liberals pedophiles? If not, I'm wondering if he was stretching for an excuse, or if it was the Pizzagate bullshit, or if he had been molested as a child or something.
    It's pretty standard now that they've realized that "liberal" isn't an insult to most people. (Neither was "educated", "erudite", or "cultivated".)

I don't get the right's fascination with feet, though. Weird.

We'll that's shitty. Psych therapy might have helped him but who knows. Being extreme in anything that leads you to murder someone...I can't even fathom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Tbh, when it comes to T_D, his post history doesn't really stick out in particular
    This is incredibly true. Almost sad.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    There is something seriously wrong with youth where they do not want to hear or read opposing views.

How odd given that this is the generation that has grown up with the internet. Maybe the internet allows people to filter out what they don't like to read and hear?

I agree. Young people don't have a brain that is developed enough to handle the internet yet they are the primary users of it. That is just sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Disagree he seems like a typical representative of those kinds of nutters.
    Completely unrelated, but I somewhat miss your friendly possum avatar.

There was tremendous violence on many sides.