Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

The blood elves accept it, the nelves obviously don’t. It’s why it pisses the night elves off
    That's not what Aucald provided:

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Dawnguard Magi near items will say one of following lines:
    "I can't even guess what they made this out of."
    "Is this some sort of joke?"
    "Where did they even get the stuff to make this?"
    "Those throwback, tree hugging, kaldorei filth."
    "Those... those... night elves!"
    Both sides appears to be pretty upset about it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    That's not what Aucald provided:

Both sides appears to be pretty upset about it.
    The insults were different from side to side, blood elves calls night elves savage tree hugging trolls. Night elves called the blood elves addicts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    How the fuck does that make any sense? Isn't that basically the WoW equivalent of telling your brother you fucked his mom?

I'm clueless.
    they are not the blood elves are the nightborne spies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    No, they're not.
    Blood Elves are more closely related to trolls since they didn't undergo much change since the High Elf times.
    Meanwhile Nightelves gained different skin colours, ear length and other properties.
    what no? Night Elves are the first elves. The Blood Elves (and the High Elves since they are genetically identical) are further evolved from the NE

I don't know what there is to get upset about. Elves are clearly evolved from virmen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Stop spreading this. It was the elves insulting each other, not magically disguised Nightborne spies.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't know what there is to get upset about. Elves are clearly evolved from virmen
    Elves are result of mudmugs dumping his failed brew-experiments into well of eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    There were Nightborne spies to contend with, but they weren't the ones playing pranks on the other faction's Elves or leaving profane graffiti around. Leaders on both sides lamented the antics some of their own were getting up to.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Lol xD

Yeah obviously, how could anyone think otherwise ?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Well it's to be excepted, they are on the Horde side, some of that primitive stupidity is bound to rub off on them. Blood Elves insults are a joke, since they too are descendent from Trolls.
    Morons!

Lol xD

Yeah obviously, how could anyone think otherwise ?
    Giant floppy bunny ears. Lives in holes in the ground. Breeds out of control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Well it's to be excepted, they are on the Horde side, some of that primitive stupidity is bound to rub off on them. Blood Elves insults are a joke, since they too are descendent from Trolls.
    Morons!
    I can't tell if this post is ironic or you actually don't understand how blood elves would use an insult they know enrages night elves beyond all belief. Unlike the blood elves the night elves refuse their roots.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I can't tell if this post is ironic or you actually don't understand how blood elves would use an insult they know enrages night elves beyond all belief. Unlike the blood elves the night elves refuse their roots.
    You still didn't provide any backing for that.
    The insults were different from side to side, blood elves calls night elves savage tree hugging trolls. Night elves called the blood elves addicts
    Because you were reading too much from it, it doesn't deny anything. I could as much say that night elves arent that stupid to call belves offspring of trolls to not lower themselves to their(belf) level.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Blood Elves' Reliquary are the horde counterpart to the Alliance's Explorer's league, and have a focus on archaeology, excavation and world history. They aren't 'offended' by this knowledge, but they know the Night Elves are, so they use it to poke fun.

Imagine if there were a clan of Dwarves who rejected the idea they came from Earthen. And you have the Ironforge Dwarves who know the truth about their origins. It would be an easy way to pick fun at them, only because you *know* it makes them mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elves came from trolls, High elves came from night elves, its only a mystery to the night elves.
    Because you were reading too much from it, it doesn't deny anything. I could as much say that night elves arent that stupid to call belves offspring of trolls to not lower themselves to their(belf) level.
    Or considering that they can't handle their religion being insulted, by throwing the insult back they would be forced to admit that it was true, which they never will.

How am I reading too much into the insults? Blood elves put down labeled troll statues named "your ancestors" in the night elf camp, night elves put mini sunwell sculptures in the blood elven camp along with Arcwine "incase you need your fix"
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-10-17 at 11:56 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    The Blood Elves' Reliquary are the horde counterpart to the Alliance's Explorer's league, and have a focus on archaeology, excavation and world history. They aren't 'offended' by this knowledge, but they know the Night Elves are, so they use it to poke fun.

I'm sorry to be this nitpicky but just because they're in reliquary doesn't mean they actually know it for sure. As this information was only recently confirmed by Brann Bronzebard and it was published in wow magazine. We don't know if it's common knowledge in-universe, it's not like this info is scattered around ruins. This knowlege came from Cenarius, Freya and that titan council I always forget the name of, and it's not a result of research.

And we don't know the attitude of belves toward their troll-ancestry. What you guys provided was your assumption. From reaction of both elven groups you could get that they're both easily offended.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    And we don't know the attitude of belves toward their troll-ancestry. What you guys provided was your assumption. From reaction of bolth elven groups you could get that they're both easily offended.
    As said a billion times in this thread, an insult is only an insult if you let it get to you, the blood elves are calling themselves troll related by in turn insulting the night elves, they have no issue with that.

And Bran screeches anything he learns to everyone in earshot, I'm surprised he hasn't been killed by night elves yet because he sure as hell would have tried to tell them.
    Holy shit lol

The pranks are caused by nightborne disguised as blood/night elves in order to dsetablise the forces attacking. Khadgar is the one hte spots the ruse just after you finish the quest to get rid of the pranks, - you find out it's the nightborne causing the trouble becaues it is stupid for blood elves and night elves to prank each other over such stuff.

it makes no sense for a blodo elf to ease a night elf over that - but its one of hte things night elves have been most sensitive over. Likewise it makes no sense for night elves to tease blood elves over mana addiction, given that a whole city of night elves is riddlesd with theproblem, not tomention it's one of hte most poainful reminders of what they had to give up and why. Yet the blood elves are prticularly sensitive about that issue too cos of recent events.

As both Tyrande and Liadrin comment - its most unlike their people to do such embarassing behaviour at so important a juncture - and ofc you find out it wasn't either of them. To some of you this may seem likely behaviour or you won't put it past an aelf, but tha'ts a human thinking. I wouldn't put that behaviour past a teenager (which most of you are, but not beings who are 100s to 1000s of years old. Still in such a tense situation, it nearly workd.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    How the fuck does that make any sense? Isn't that basically the WoW equivalent of telling your brother you fucked his mom?

I'm clueless.
    No, this is the equivalent of us calling other people monkey, despite we all evolve from monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Belf: Lol your mom is a troll

Nelf: That's your grandma

Belf: lololol savages

Nelf: You are ALLIED with them

Belf: lololol savages
    Pretty much this. The Blood Elves don't really see themselves as any sort of relation to Night Elves or Trolls, even though they are.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.