Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Definitely varian wrynn i guess watching gul'dan explode him was kinda fun.
    He was ok in Wrath, if you ignored his comic completely because holy fuck that thing was bad.

It was during Cata and the Wolfheart novel when he was turned into the blue warchief that he really got turned into a bland mary sue who could do no wrong and the story bent over backwards to prop him up.

How can you name the dullest character? I don't think anyone will remember the dullest character because otherwise it wouldn't be the dullest character right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Uther and Turalyon share 1st place. They are both so incredibly dull.
    if we are talking wow only uther is dull. but if we count wc3 he had the best kinda bigbrother/uncle arc with arthas.

never forget "what did you want to piss on your father one last time"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sylvanas
    because without her massive fanbase she would become a bad guy
    ditching the horde to go betray the races that are supposed to help us beat the legion
    make a deal with a minion of the old gods
    commited war crimes by using the plague on gilneas
    disobeyed orders to stop raising undeaed, and stop using the plague.
    knows she is bassicly lichking2.0 and is fine with it
    if anything, what u describe is an accurate portray or a realistic character, as we are all capable of good and evil,
    a character that is only "good" is called one dimensional.
    furthermore, she has never done anything bad against the horse, remember the alliance is the enemy,how u kill them doesnt matter.
    this is what a real war is. Take Hiroshima for example
    if anything most alliance leaders are completely dull right now,maybe except for graymane.
    Last edited by danielewhite; 2017-10-18 at 12:03 AM.

sylvanas
    ditching the horde to go betray the races that are supposed to help us beat the legion
    When did she ditch the Horde and who did she betray? Helya didn't work for the Old Gods, directly at least. When was she told to stop raising undead? It was Garrosh who told her not to use the plague, so it's ok to disobey. =-) Kinda not serious with the last one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    When did she ditch the Horde and who did she betray? Helya didn't work for the Old Gods, directly at least. When was she told to stop raising undead? It was Garrosh who told her not to use the plague, so it's ok to disobey. =-) Kinda not serious with the last one.
    she ditched the horde go make the deal with helya and chase down the lantern then to go enslave the valkyr queen all well the horde were left without her to deal with stormheim. also the valkyr are on our side, so she was betraying the valajar ;3
    helya does work for them, yes not directly.
    undead starting area, garrosh told her raising the undead was wrong, against nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Typical Alliance blind eyes, peh. You always list the bad, but never the good she's done either.

- Gave her people a home when they were shunned by their families as monsters.
    - Protected the elven territories and supplied them with her own militia.
    - Invented a plague originally intended for the Scourge and Arthas
    - Helped infiltrate Halls of Releflection, learned how to beat Arthas and the Lich King.
    - Assisted in the Siege of Orgrimmar against Garrosh's forces.
    - Saved the Horde on the Broken Shore with her Val'kyr heavily exposed.
    It's not just Alliance though.

-What good is getting a home if the leader compromises your security?
    -We haven't heard from Quelthalas. But I recall the High Elves ultimately leaving their brethren. She's a different person now.
    -The plague was made by Putress under the Apothecary. She reused it for war against the Gilneans.

I get that she started as a great character but she's changed, due to her fears of death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danielewhite View Post
    if anything, what u describe is an accurate portray or a realistic character, as we are all capable of good and evil,
    a character that is only "good" is called one dimensional.
    furthermore, she has never done anything bad against the horse, remember the alliance is the enemy,how u kill them doesnt matter.
    this is what a real war is. Take Hiroshima for example
    if anything most alliance leaders are completely dull right now,maybe except for graymane.
    yes, she herself is a good "becoming a villian"
    but no one seems to give a shit, she does all this stuff and the only one who went "uhhh this bitch is gunna turn on us" was garrosh, no one else and its stupid.
    also yes, how you kill them does matter, have you never heard of the war act? (and it does exist in wow) as for example theramore, capturing the refugees and torutring them was a war crime commited by garrosh.

Sylvanas using the plague was a war crime, after wotlk the plague was banned from use because of what happened there, the wrathgate for example, and she decided to still use it.

Hiroshima also in NO FUCKING WAY was a good thing, the mass murder of so many innocent, im still suprised it was not a war crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Odyn is definitely up there as an INCREDIBLY boring NPC who never has anything interesting to say or do.

Malfurion is another.

Sylvanas isn't. I don't like her much but dull? No. People claiming that are just her anti-fans trying to find a new way to hate her. It's fine to hate her, but let's not talk shit. Next up "Which character in WoW is the biggest goody-two-shoes?" and tons of people are saying Sylvanas lol.
    It's not hate if the reasoning is rational.

sylvanas
    There's a reason why you're on my Bnet friends list.

This is why.

- - - Updated - - -

no i find her dull because she does all this evil shit, but somehow still gets warcheif and is going to remain a good guy.

having an evil charecter that people just ignore and dont even acknowledge what she does, is boring
    garrosh was the only one who did, GARROSH!
    This is also why.

Random Orc #14, that has three words, and is in some esoteric, edge location that only like .5% of the players have ever even seen, let alone talked to.

He is truly the dullest

- - - Updated - - -

im still suprised it was not a war crime.
    As an aside, it's likely not a war crime since the US did it, and the Allies won the war, they weren't about to condemn the victors of the Eastern Theater.

In modern times, the USA is too strong economically and militarily to really want to anger by saying they committed a war crime.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It's not hate if the reasoning is rational.
    Sure it is. I hate lots of things that are 100% rational to absolutely abhor because they're disgusting and awful.

Hate itself is what goes beyond the rational, though. You don't say Sylvanas is the dullest character in WoW because you merely rationally dislike her lol.

Used to be Lor'themar Theron but I think the VA has done a lot to make him more interesting.

Personally my money is on Vereesa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Typical Alliance blind eyes, peh. You always list the bad, but never the good she's done either.

- Gave her people a home when they were shunned by their families as monsters.
    - Protected the elven territories and supplied them with her own militia.
    - Invented a plague originally intended for the Scourge and Arthas
    - Helped infiltrate Halls of Releflection, learned how to beat Arthas and the Lich King.
    - Assisted in the Siege of Orgrimmar against Garrosh's forces.
    - Saved the Horde on the Broken Shore with her Val'kyr heavily exposed.

And yeah, Sylvanas had done some bad and some good but that's what makes people like her. You don't win wars by following the rules in Warcraft. She's a character of tragedy and people love that shit. She's not dull. She's dull to you which is unfortunate and sad. But that's your... "opinion" a very null one that very few will actually support.

Stop trying to get the Horde Leaders to become villains. We had that with Garrosh. And we don't need another one or another Leader to die. Why don't we flip the tables and let an Alliance Leader die for once? Least you got Varian, but I actually liked him so that too is unfortunate. Well at least Magni is dead, wait, nevermind - he's the voice of Azeroth now.
    i have been a horde memeber for 7 years so ;3

1. yes your not wrong, but then she kills more of those people, and forces them into undeath, instead of MAKING HOMES FOR THOSE UNDEAD she is MAKING MORE UNDEAD.
    You cant make homes for homeless people, then claim your good, but then burn peoples houses down and ask for praise for giving shelter to those people you made homeless...
    2. i mean yeah? but they were allies, so that is not really a "hey i did my job praise me"
    3. lol you are claiming INVENTING THE PLAGUE USED ON THE WRATHGATE, AND TO DESTROY GILNEAS WAS A GOOD THING!?
    4. ok... yeah? everyone helped.
    5. ok again everyone did.
    6. yes she did do that for the horde, good for her, but she also left the alliance to die.

shes dull because she commits war crimes and betrays her own people far more often then should be allowed, yet no one cares.
    when is the horde gunna even talk to her about what the fuck she did in stormheim? shes like "hey i know im your warcheif, but ummm... Im gunan go do my own thing that will make me an enemy to everyone, i hope yall are fine with this"

No where did i say "all horde leaders are bad"
    Voljin was a great man, so is baine and cairne, thrall was the best warcheif, sadly hes become a wuss, garrosh when he started was quite... interesting, he was brutal, but he had honor, he knew combat, and knew sylvanas was a threat to everyone. but then he just... flipped because blizzard, and gave up on honor when one expansion earlier he threw a guy to his death after that person forsake honor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Random Orc #14, that has three words, and is in some esoteric, edge location that only like .5% of the players have ever even seen, let alone talked to.

He is truly the dullest

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, it's likely not a war crime since the US did it, and the Allies won the war, they weren't about to condemn the victors of the Eastern Theater.

In modern times, the USA is too strong economically and militarily to really want to anger by saying they committed a war crime.
    yeah you are pretty right, if all of a sudden russia dropped a nuke on newyork im pretty sure they would call it a war crime because of the mass needless civilian casualties, but lets not get too political

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Sure it is. I hate lots of things that are 100% rational to absolutely abhor because they're disgusting and awful.

Hate itself is what goes beyond the rational, though. You don't say Sylvanas is the dullest character in WoW because you merely rationally dislike her lol.
    No. You do it because you have valid concerns. Her actions are rational in your eyes, but you're forgetting she's killing and doing whatever she can to live, even if unreasonable.

It's not like we gave Hitler a pass.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-18 at 12:18 AM.

yes, she herself is a good "becoming a villian"
    but no one seems to give a shit, she does all this stuff and the only one who went "uhhh this bitch is gunna turn on us" was garrosh, no one else and its stupid.
    also yes, how you kill them does matter, have you never heard of the war act? (and it does exist in wow) as for example theramore, capturing the refugees and torutring them was a war crime commited by garrosh.

Sylvanas using the plague was a war crime, after wotlk the plague was banned from use because of what happened there, the wrathgate for example, and she decided to still use it.

Hiroshima also in NO FUCKING WAY was a good thing, the mass murder of so many innocent, im still suprised it was not a war crime.
    yes,I read warcrimes book,very good one,,,do u know what a war crime is?,see.....in wow theres no international/interfaction court. (in the book there is,the celestials)
    or anything like the gineva conventions,there for sylvanas hasnt commited a warcrime......
    btw..you keep saying evil character..what evil has she done to the horde?
    again what she does to the alliance doesnt matter,its supposed to be a war

Uther/Tirion/any light champion. They are just champions of the light and do things for the light. Never any personal dilemmas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It's not just Alliance though.

-What good is getting a home if the leader compromises your security?
    -We haven't heard from Quelthalas. But I recall the High Elves ultimately leaving their brethren. She's a different person now.
    -The plague was made by Putress under the Apothecary. She reused it for war against the Gilneans.

I get that she started as a great character but she's changed, due to her fears of death.
    And that's your opinion, not a fact...

Answer: "-What good is getting a home if the leader compromises your security?" What are you talking about? You do realize they serve her willingly right? And even those that don't were still hounded as monsters by the Alliance and hunted down. Involvement or no involvement. The Forsaken are constantly defending themselves and so they have to go on the offensive.

Answer: "-We haven't heard from Quelthalas. But I recall the High Elves ultimately leaving their brethren. She's a different person now." What are you talking about again? Sylvanas may be a High Elf but died during the Scourge Invasion. She was the one who convinced the Horde to bring the Blood Elves into the Horde BECAUSE she cared for them. And even supplies them with protection. Again, granted she used that as a bargain for Lore'themar to get into War against the Lich King. But I see that as more a positive than a negative. Take that one as you will. Sylvanas never abandoned the Blood Elves, not yet anyways.

Answer: "-The plague was made by Putress under the Apothecary. She reused it for war against the Gilneans." Which Sylvanas was pushing for to be used against the Scourge and possibly the Alliance. Remember we weren't buddy buddy until MoP/Legion which even Varian was supportive and even sided with Sylvanas and welcomed her aid against the Legion.

Her motives have changed but she is still the same in my eyes. Cold, Calcuative, and bad ass.

You Alliance folks or even some muddled Horde folks are welcome to not like her. But we just lost Vol'jin and Garrosh. Calm down on the whole, "WE NEED HER HEAD". Give her a chance to grow some more and some time for us to bloody recover for peet sakes. Its a damn pattern at this point, "We hate this Leader and how this Leader works. Please kill them Blizzard after you've made them Warchief!" Blizzard : "Oh um. Okay I guess?"

Just stop asking for our Leaders deaths already. We've lost enough.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

please google what a warcrime is..before using the concept....it doesnt apply to wow

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

He is truly the dullest
    I forgot about that guy!

But mmm, actually being rarely seen in itself probably makes that NPC interesting, I remember pre Cata there was a list of obscure NPCs that are in hard to reach places and seem to have no purpose.

Reminds me of the old "proof that all numbers are interesting". Proof by contradiction. If N is the last interesting number, then N+1 is the first number that isn't interesting - but that itself makes it interesting. QED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.