Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    They aren't "neo nazis". They were nazis. They were wearing swastikas. Neo-nazis are people who wear suits and talk about immigration rather than exterminating Jews. They were armed and they killed someone. The organization they claim legacy from murdered 16 million people-far more than ISIS did.
    Spencer is a neo nazi plain and simple. Original Nazis are dead, senile or jailed. You can’t revive an organization without it being new. Secondly Not all neo nazi have to wear suits.
    The aryan brotherhood carries nazi swatikas and they are certainly not old Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, compared to what we have had, what we are currently experiencing is pretty strict. I do enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of the anti-immigration crowd when they try and claim they support individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets.
    I'd be hesitant to label people as being "anti-immigrant" just because they want to screen immigrants for criminal past, extremist affiliations, and communicable disease.

- - - Updated - - -

People wearing swastikas are nazis. You know, those people your grandparents fought, you know soldiers who were brave and skilled enough to actually win a war, and didn't disgrace and discredit their country forever by participating in an illegal invasion, where they were subsequently humiliated by primitive savages with IED's and small arms fire.
    Yeah, true. Those Soviets in Afghanistan were taught a humiliating lesson, huh comrade?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'd be hesitant to label people as being "anti-immigrant" just because they want to screen immigrants for criminal past, extremist affiliations, and communicable disease.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, true. Those Soviets in Afghanistan were taught a humiliating lesson, huh comrade?
    That's not the only thing happening, is it?

Now Trump has banned travel from several countries, wants to institute quotas based on income and career choice, and has ended DACA. All of those stances are against the principles of individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. Small-government conservatism is dead in this country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Spencer is a neo nazi plain and simple. Original Nazis are dead, senile or jailed. You can’t revive an organization without it being new. Secondly Not all neo nazi have to wear suits.
    No, that is your political bias. You wear a swastika, you are a nazi.

Most ISIS attacks are carried out in the west by people with no direct affiliation to ISIS. We do not call them "neo-ISIS", and pretend that they are harmless. We treat them the same as ISIS and aggressively pre-empt any attacks those people would make using the full machinery of the state.

The same is true of nazis, or for that matter neo-nazis in the civilized world. Pretty much everywhere. Except the US. Presumably because a lot of people are sympathetic to them.

When one is calling someone a Nazi, does it really matter if there is a "neo" before it?

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Congratulations btw... only liberals could have been responsible for making the most hated organization on the planet look like victims.
    Funny, to me it seems more like they have an army of online defenders whose sole job is to try to portray them as victims, and blame those who oppose them for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    In order to insult me you'd have to actually understand what I think and therefore might conceivably might be offended by. Hint: I wasn't crazy about the Soviet Union, especially the Afghan invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Funny, to me it seems more like they have an army of online defenders whose sole job is to try to portray them as victims, and blame those who oppose them for it.
    It is really difficult for me to fathom an alternative explanation other than these people are secretly fascist sympathizers. Which is really disturbing given the numbers.

I can understand you could conceivably be concerned about immigration or something without actually being racist. Maybe. It is possible.

But Nazis...fucking hell. It is like rooting for Sauron or Voldemort or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    The aryan brotherhood carries nazi swatikas and they are certainly not old Nazis.
    As I'm not a Nazi fan I really can't comment on your hair-splitting over the various subdivisions of Nazi.

The bolded is false though, just so you know.

You should know, you've spent a decade repeating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I extended an olive branch and opportunity to meet somewhere in the middle as I am no Nazi lover... WWII or the quasi wannabe khaki/polo shirt wearing, tiki torch toting morons of 2017, and I was accused of being a Nazi supporter because of it. You can all go fuck yourselves for all I care. I don't give a shit. You don't have a moral high ground and the vast majority of us that are caught somewhere here in the middle see you for what you really are... hypocrites.

No, that is your political bias. You wear a swastika, you are a nazi.

Most ISIS attacks are carried out in the west by people with no direct affiliation to ISIS. We do not call them "neo-ISIS", and pretend that they are harmless. We treat them the same as ISIS and aggressively pre-empt any attacks those people would make using the full machinery of the state.

The same is true of nazis, or for that matter neo-nazis in the civilized world. Pretty much everywhere. Except the US. Presumably because a lot of people are sympathetic to them.
    No. Do you not know what "neo" means? ISIS isn't an old organization. Thus, you can't be "neo-ISIS".

Also, Nazis and neo-Nazis don't hold identical ideologies. An example is that Nazis want socialized healthcare, whereas neo-Nazis don't want that system in place. Nazis were against freedom of speech, whereas(as far as I can gather) neo-Nazis want freedom of speech. Nazis were cool with the Islamic state, whereas neo-Nazis HATE them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

In order to insult me you'd have to actually understand what I think and therefore might conceivably might be offended by. Hint: I wasn't crazy about the Soviet Union, especially the Afghan invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

It is really difficult for me to fathom an alternative explanation other than these people are secretly fascist sympathizers. Which is really disturbing given the numbers.

I can understand you could conceivably be concerned about immigration or something without actually being racist. Maybe. It is possible.

But Nazis...fucking hell. It is like rooting for Sauron or Voldemort or something.
    It's really more petty than that.

It's neanderthals with incredibly fragile world views that need someone to blame for their shitty life choices.

Most are probably just edgelords.

Some are actual fascist sympathisers, racists etc.

A few are free range farm fresh trolls in the pocket of the alt right and/or Putin.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    That's because the right copied liberal online culture, but left out the actual aspect of of what the left does away from the online world. It makes for a pretty ineffectual movement, but a loud one. If all you've got is screaming online it's pretty easy to be loud about it.

Pretty sure I extended an olive branch and opportunity to meet somewhere in the middle as I am no Nazi lover... WWII or the quasi wannabe khaki/polo shirt wearing, tiki torch toting morons of 2017, and I was accused of being a Nazi supporter because of it. You can all go fuck yourselves for all I care. I don't give a shit. You don't have a moral high ground and the vast majority of us that are caught somewhere here in the middle see you for what you really are... hypocrites.
    You realise I didn't actually accuse you of being one of those people, but for some reason you self-identified as such...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    An example is that Nazis want socialized healthcare, whereas neo-Nazis don't want that system in place. Nazis were against freedom of speech, whereas(as far as I can gather) neo-Nazis want freedom of speech.
    Pffffahahahahaha!

I think you might need to do some more gathering then lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    You realise I didn't actually accuse you of being one of those people, but for some reason you self-identified as such...
    Did I say you accused me? No I didn't. Equally vague and non-committal... isn't this pissing contest fun?

Bet I can get farther than you can!

- - - Updated - - -

Most are probably just edgelords.

Some are actual fascist sympathisers, racists etc.

A few are free range farm fresh trolls in the pocket of the alt right and/or Putin.
    Labels, labels, labels!

Labels for everyone! Anything you can do that allows you to ignore any opposing viewpoints, anything other than the voices inside those crafty echo chambers you guys love so much.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Bandwagons are logical fallacies. Just because the majority is saying the same stupid shit... doesn't make it right.

Pffffahahahahaha!

I think you might need to do some more gathering then lol!
    Great fucking refutation. Your biased opinion means nothing, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No. Do you not know what "neo" means? ISIS isn't an old organization. Thus, you can't be "neo-ISIS".

Also, Nazis and neo-Nazis don't hold identical ideologies. An example is that Nazis want socialized healthcare, whereas neo-Nazis don't want that system in place. Nazis were against freedom of speech, whereas(as far as I can gather) neo-Nazis want freedom of speech. Nazis were cool with the Islamic state, whereas neo-Nazis HATE them.
    You are splitting hairs and mostly off-base.

ISIS are an "old" organization. They were formed from the remnants of Al-quaeda in Iraq.

The Nazis political beliefs concerning healthcare were purely opportunistic as they were in all fascist countries. Fascist scholars view bread-and-butter policies as irrelevant to to designation of the term.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-10-18 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we just liberate a city from ISIS... like yesterday. Old indeed.

Did I say you accused me? No I didn't. Equally vague and non-committal... isn't this pissing contest fun?
    Ahahaha, don't quit your day job lol.

Labels, labels, labels!

Labels for everyone! Anything you can do that allows you to ignore any opposing viewpoints, anything other than the voices inside those crafty echo chambers you guys love so much.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Bandwagons are logical fallacies. Just because the majority is saying the same stupid shit... doesn't make it right.
    Oh I agree, however they do occasionally get it right. Broken clocks and all.

Example: Nazis are bad, yo.

Deleted
    Pretty sure I extended an olive branch and opportunity to meet somewhere in the middle as I am no Nazi lover
    There's no middle here. There's no equivocation with Nazis. You are either opposed to them or you need to get out of the fucking way, because the rest of us don't want to end up in concentration camps like our grandparents did.