Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's no abstract metric lol, do I need to flick you more articles about the effect Japan's aging population is having on its economy?

Why don't you go out and educate yourself for once?
    But that isn't the core issue, birth rates being low is. And you don't seem to interested in that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They have a responsibility to the world. They should take more people in to help with the strife in the world.
    oooo, you mean work together toward world peace and other goo goo gaa gaa ness?!?!?!

Foerign policy is a matter of competition.
    "World peace" or other likness ideals only exists oin cartoons for a reason
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    But that isn't the core issue, birth rates being low is. And you don't seem to interested in that question.
    I'm actually very interested in that question, I've studied it extensively in fact - that's why I've been encouraging you to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    To encourage other countries to adapt Japans decisions not to take refugees is just beyond me.
    name a single benefit for needing refugees, other than a cheap slave manpower source
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

And if more people were following the news in Japan andd it's politic, they would know that yes the population is shrinking, but the goverment is 100% fine with it and one of their very own goal is to get from the current 128 millions japaneses to about 100 millions. (or if you prefer, after the current 80+ years old generation die).

Not getting new immigrant is just "helping" them to get to that 100m mark faster, if i can say that

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually very interested in that question, I've studied it extensively in fact - that's why I've been encouraging you to do the same.
    I have as well, but it seems immigration isn't really an answer; partly for the reasons I spelled out initially.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Who specifically?

I was referring to european nations that signed the accords.

Japan doesn't particularly interest me though, because this whole thread is bogus and misinformation. I posted an article earlier that explains while Japan doesn't have any 'legal refugees' their entire farm industry and low-cost labor industry -depends- on illegal immigrants and japanese businesses are refusing to deport them, because their livelihood depends on illegal and undocumented immigrants.

It's pretty silly to make a point about 'no immigrants / refugees' when they're all just hiding in your farms and factories instead while the government pretends they don't exist because they need illegals to keep their economy afloat.
    While I am generally in favor of open borders, I do find that this universal dependence on cheap labor is morally sickening and economically unsustainable. China is quickly transitioning from supplying cheap labor to demanding it from further afield, and India is quickly following suit. Even Africa is developing rapidly, so in a few decades nobody there is going to be willing to do the shit jobs either. I suppose the hope is that automation can pick up the slack, but that raises a host of issues of its own.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But that isn't the core issue, birth rates being low is.
    don't a lot of the younger generations move to other countires too or something

So, we're celebrating Japan's xenophobia now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    don't a lot of the younger generations move to other countires too or something
    Even if they did, there are fewer young people in general in the country. Once more it is a problem Japan shares with many countries.

The issue I take with the "JUST TAKE MIGRANTS BRAH!" crowd is that it will incentivize those countries with this problem to keep the source of the migrants forever poor and hellish so as to act as fresh flesh farms rather than solving their own birth rate issues.

Something I'm trying to talk to a few about but 'round and 'round we go on the issue.

Even if they did, there are fewer young people in general in the country. Once more it is a problem Japan shares with many countries.

The issue I take with the "JUST TAKE MIGRANTS BRAH!" crowd is that it will incentivize those countries with this problem to keep the source of the migrants forever poor and hellish so as to act as fresh flesh farms rather than solving their own birth rate issues.

Something I'm trying to talk to a few about but 'round and 'round we go on the issue.
    True, birth rate is indeed very low and problematic to some degree. They'll work on it eventually, but not yet. Not until the population size gets to the point they want it at. Once they get there, you can bet for sure they'll start working on getting more babies!

I have as well, but it seems immigration isn't really an answer; partly for the reasons I spelled out initially.
    So what is the cause?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    True, birth rate is indeed very low and problematic to some degree. They'll work on it eventually, but not yet. Not until the population size gets to the point they want it at. Once they get there, you can bet for sure they'll start working on getting more babies!
    Yes, this is why I respect Japans method of not taking in mass migration as an answer because it means Japan can let its population just contract until a solution, A REAL SOLUTION, is found.

How exactly do you propose to solve the low birth rates? You can't force people to have children if they don't want to, and the cost of raising kids in first world countries will far outstrip any financial incentives the government could offer. Certainly Japan's approach of trying to shame their young people into starting families is not an effective policy.

7+ Year Old Account
    So what is the cause?
    My reflexive ideal blame is both modernity creating a self-centered culture and Capitalism and the Welfare state creating incentives not to have kids. As neither Sweden's early attempts to bribe women to breed worked, nor Singapore attempts at social Conservatism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan is also a highly xenophobic and racist nation. They're just not out there waving flags about it or shoving their arrogance and elitism in other people's faces.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    How exactly do you propose to solve the low birth rates? You can't force people to have children if they don't want to, and the cost of raising kids in first world countries will far outstrip any financial incentives the government could offer. Certainly Japan's approach of trying to shame their young people into starting families is not an effective policy.
    very simple reasons for that : They dont want to increase it, for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm not american but countries should certainly be cautious about taking foreigners, immigrants or refugees, from groups that are causing far more problems than other groups.
    america was built by immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Thanks for playing. Different climate today. We have an established society with high skill workers. We don't need any of these people. Stop poaching the smart ones from these 3rd world countries and maybe they'll have a chance to catch up.
    Well apparently the buisnesses begs to differ since they seem to at the VERY least want the "smart ones" as you call them. And for that matter they want the others aswell for the menial labor that are not "good" enough for the natives.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    very simple reasons for that : They dont want to increase it, for the moment.
    Trying to decrease the population is difficult because, as the Japanese are currently discovering, having an inverted age pyramid where a shrinking group of young adults have to support a growing population of retirees is unsustainable.

My reflexive ideal blame is both modernity creating a self-centered culture and Capitalism and the Welfare state creating incentives not to have kids. As neither Sweden's early attempts to bribe women to breed worked, nor Singapore attempts at social Conservatism.
    The problem with modernity is that it encourages people to actually give a shit about their kids, and to spend vast sums making sure they grow up healthy and strong, attend the best schools, participate in sports, music, and other character building activities, and have all of the other advantages they need to succeed in a competitive world. All of this is extremely costly and many parents would rather just invest in a single child rather than having to spread their resources across several.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2017-10-18 at 01:45 AM.