"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Delicious Flat Chest?

Finished Welcome to the NHK.

When it was good, it was really good. I really felt like there were parts that dragged the show down. The real meat of the story could be boiled down to two things: Satou's state of mind and his relationship with Misaki. The side characters definitely had things to contribute but they did so in ways that killed the pacing and momentum. The ending was pretty good but at the same time the NHK stuff during the climax took me out of the scene and killed the emotional reaction that was building. It was still a very good show that I would personally rate an 8/10. Given the themes of the show, I really wish I could have gotten more emotional over the peaks of the story.

Misaki was by and far the best thing about the show and I would've liked an even bigger emphasis on her part in the story. Her voice was perfection and the simple soundtrack was surprisingly good. Glad I watched it.

10+ Year Old Account

wriggle wriggle

10+ Year Old Account
    wriggle wriggle

I can't displease the gacha gods, I must do anything asked of me

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Most people dropped it after season 2 was only so-so at best and are just reading the manga instead.
    Forgot to respond to this.

I never ended up reading the manga because I didn't want it to be another anime that I watched with my girlfriend that I already know what's going to happen.

So to me, season 2 was decent.

But season 3 just feels...messy.

Like, the first episode just starts off "Oh yeah, remember that time we met the Elite 10 after the tournament". It's like, what. Why did you skip such an important event, to show a bit of flash backs.

Also, then it just rolls right into Soma competing with an Elite 10 member at the Moon Festival in the 2nd episode. It's not like there was any real build up, just suddenly "Oh, here we are, Soma's doing Soma things again". I have no idea if that's exactly how it goes in the manga, but geez, not leaving a good impression.

Would have felt FAR better to me if Season 3 started with them being informed again that they're going to meet the Elite 10 now, and then start from there, while building up the conflict between Soma and Kuga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Pretty much what I thought of it as well. I think it really didn't do itself a favor with the pyramid scheme arc or whatever that scam was called and there were some other parts that were similarly detrimental to my enjoyment of the show but I gave it an 8/10 too.

I felt like it was really on to something in some parts, especially with Satou's situation and that of his former senpai but it never quite got there.
    I enjoyed the pyramid scheme part just because that's so realistically fitting for a situation like that. Many people who are in his type of situation end up getting sucked into those types of schemes, and it can be really destructive.

I didn't actually realize how easy it was to get sucked into them until I was brought to one (I obviously didn't fall for it, but I was amazed at how well they brought people in and how many signed up on the spot for it).

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I was interested in the psychological side of the show. The seclusion and depression that the characters had to deal with. I wasn't interested in the effects of internet addiction or falling for a scam. My gripe with those arcs is that they distracted from the parts that were much more interesting to me and should have been explored instead, especially because those two arcs were rather silly in nature as well.
    I'm with Zath on this; I thought the side stories were part of what made the whole show tick. The comedy they provided, and the content of a person wandering around looking for all the easy ways out. My biggest gripe is the one I share with sj: the insertion of the NHK content at the beginning and end feel out of place and hurt what I wanted to feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Like, the first episode just starts off "Oh yeah, remember that time we met the Elite 10 after the tournament". It's like, what. Why did you skip such an important event, to show a bit of flash backs.
    That scene was in second season's OVA (second episode of it), but you'll have to sail the seas to watch it. First fansubs popped up after 3rd season started airing so it's an easy miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I didn't actually realize how easy it was to get sucked into them until I was brought to one (I obviously didn't fall for it, but I was amazed at how well they brought people in and how many signed up on the spot for it).
    Yep, I know people stuck in them (some still blissfully ignorant...) and have had a couple of attempts made on me. Thankfully I instinctively shut down and block up mentally when people go full salesman mode to me. I hate pushy people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Yep, I know people stuck in them (some still blissfully ignorant...) and have had a couple of attempts made on me. Thankfully I instinctively shut down and block up mentally when people go full salesman mode to me. I hate pushy people.
    I didn't have the chance. Someone I'd hung out with a few times before was like "hey want to hang out? Before that though I want to show you something really cool that I do! Won't take long!".

Well, I have finished Touken Ranbu Katsugeki - 8/10, making it the only summer anime that I finished.

I feel sorry for all who dropped it one or two episodes in; the story got emotionally intense about half way through and the themes of whether or not to protect history as it was, or to revise it to "benefit humanity" was quite thought provoking. I got chills during episode 5 and 8, and I actually teared at the end of episode 10. I hope the movie isn't just a compilation, and is actually new stuff! I hope it gets a second season. If I had to nitpick, it would be that the details are too detailed for the character models, which makes the characters stand out during day time scenes. They also use the main leitmotif one too many times, but overall it was a very good character study. Would recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well, I have finished Touken Ranbu Katsugeki - 8/10, making it the only summer anime that I finished.

I feel sorry for all who dropped it one or two episodes in; the story got emotionally intense about half way through and the themes of whether or not to protect history as it was, or to revise it to "benefit humanity" was quite thought provoking. I got chills during episode 5 and 8, and I actually teared at the end of episode 10. I hope the movie isn't just a compilation, and is actually new stuff! I hope it gets a second season. If I had to nitpick, it would be that the details are too detailed for the character models, which makes the characters stand out during day time scenes. They also use the main leitmotif one too many times, but overall it was a very good character study. Would recommend!
    Isn't this what people commonly call, "fujoshit?"

15+ Year Old Account
    so finally got around to watching made in abyss and i seriously hope they make a season 2.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    so finally got around to watching made in abyss and i seriously hope they make a season 2.
    What would you rate it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    What would you rate it?
    I would say easy 9/10 loved the animation characters music and story.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Inuyashiki ep 2-- One piece realy?????
    Don't sweat the details!!!