Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im kinda worried that Xseed is avoiding subject of Zero/ao. I know that those games would be both port and translation port, but its kinda weird to play series with hole in the middle.
    If they have plans to port that series, it will be in 2020 or something probably. They are most likely going to do cold steel 3 first. Just my guess, no sources or anything.

I mostly heared about that game but till now never played because i Because i did not buy

I just finished the Trails in the Sky duology yesterday and I started TitS the 3rd a few hours ago. Damn, this series is absolutely incredible! It's firmly up there along with Shadow of the Colossus, The Banner Saga, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Pokemon as my all time favorite games. It's a rare thing when the main character of a game is your most favorite character of that game, so it says ALOT about the LoH series when Estelle and Rean are among my favorite characters from their favorite games. In fact, you actually like every character in the game, and their stories captivated me so much that I binged the games just to see how they resolved. Then cried when it was over (fortunately there's The 3rd and more LoH games coming!). Colonel Richard is awesome!

As for villains, a good villain is one who's reasons you understand for becoming villainous, but you know you have a great villain when you truly hate him. I truly, utterly, despise Weissman. I can count on one hand the number of fictional villainous who are that amazing.

Seriously guys, this series is a keeper. If you're not a fan of old school game aesthetics (Trails in the Sky), you're free to start with Cold Steel. CS doesn't really spoil the plot of TitS (though the identity of one major character is spoiled). If you enjoyed CS, then by all means go ahead and get TitS too!

Can't wait for the Cold Steel 2 port!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I just finished the Trails in the Sky duology yesterday and I started TitS the 3rd a few hours ago. Damn, this series is absolutely incredible! It's firmly up there along with Shadow of the Colossus, The Banner Saga, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Pokemon as my all time favorite games. It's a rare thing when the main character of a game is your most favorite character of that game, so it says ALOT about the LoH series when Estelle and Rean are among my favorite characters from their favorite games. In fact, you actually like every character in the game, and their stories captivated me so much that I binged the games just to see how they resolved. Then cried when it was over (fortunately there's The 3rd and more LoH games coming!). Colonel Richard is awesome!

As for villains, a good villain is one who's reasons you understand for becoming villainous, but you know you have a great villain when you truly hate him. I truly, utterly, despise Weissman. I can count on one hand the number of fictional villainous who are that amazing.

Seriously guys, this series is a keeper. If you're not a fan of old school game aesthetics (Trails in the Sky), you're free to start with Cold Steel. CS doesn't really spoil the plot of TitS (though the identity of one major character is spoiled). If you enjoyed CS, then by all means go ahead and get TitS too!

Can't wait for the Cold Steel 2 port!
    Hope you enjoy 3rd as well, I know I did. The main story is a bit of an odd one out in the series, but the optional doors are some great exposition and foreshadowing.

And yeah, CS doesn't spoil much for Sky. Like you said it does "spoil" the identity of one of the characters (though, i never considered that much of a revelation in Sky, to be honest), and there are some quick comments about an incident in Liberl, but no real solid spoilers.

Sadly, CS2 does spoil some big things from Zero/Ao, the Crossbell arc that hasn't been localized (yet). Not something to avoid the game for god-knows-how-long until they localize those two games, but it is unfortunate.

I'm half way through TitS the 3rd, and I have to say: I strongly encourage newcomers to the LoH series to start with Trails in the Sky first.

Yes, I know I am sounding like one of those snobs who say "read the Fate/Stay Night VN before you watch the shows!" or "read the books first!". I myself despise that kind of snobiness. As someone who got into the series with the Trails of Cold Steel PC port in August, I am only now just realizing the immense value in people's recommendations to start with Trails in the Sky. TitS build up so much for ToCS that you truly are doing yourself a disservice by just skipping ahead to ToCS. Is it going to ruin your experience to just start with ToCS like I did? No, but you will miss out on the enormous world-changing implications of what you are doing in ToCS.

TitS sets up:
    - Bracers (you only get a vague understanding of them in ToCS)
    - Ouroboros (same as Bracers)
    - Orbal Revolution (only really explored and explained in TitS)
    - The sheer scale, importance, and subtlety of the Osborne vs Olivert conflict
    - WTH are Sept Terrions
    - The Gralsritter and the Church
    - North Ambria
    - Eight Leaves style (Rean, the protagonist of ToCS is a practitioner of this martial art, but it is only explained in TitS)
    - Ancient Zemuria
    - Phantasma

Seriously, there's so much that TitS covers that ToCS already assumes you had prior knowledge of. Reading a wiki page doesn't cut it.

Once I finish TitS 3, I'm almost certainly going to start a NG+ playthrough of ToCS, with a new perspective on the setting and events. Should keep me busy until the ToCS 2 port releases. Considering ToCS is a 90+ hour long game, it says ALOT about the quality of this series that I'm going to replay it just a couple months after beating.

Well, after a grand total of 160 hours (54 FC, 61 SC, 45 TC), I have finished the Trails in the Sky trilogy.

Damn, that was incredible! Here's to hoping that XSEED localizes the Crossbell duology after they finish with ToCS 3.

Final screen:
    Spoiler: 

Anyways, onward to a ToCS NG+ playthrough with a newfound understanding of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, after a grand total of 160 hours (54 FC, 61 SC, 45 TC), I have finished the Trails in the Sky trilogy.

Damn, that was incredible! Here's to hoping that XSEED localizes the Crossbell duology after they finish with ToCS 3.

Final screen:
    Spoiler: 

Anyways, onward to a ToCS NG+ playthrough with a newfound understanding of the series.
    Indeed the Trails of Sky series is amazing for sure! I finished the first one and now half way through the second one damn I am enjoying myself Joshua, Richard, Lorence are my current favorite characters but damn so many great character and I like Olivier being super narcissist and funny haha.

I havent finished cs yet but olivier is sooo different in cs than tits so far lol.

Currently replaying CS1, haven't played CS2 or CS3 yet. Some thoughts:

Spoiler: 

Perhaps the real reason why Vita spend three hours every day traveling from Heimdallar to Trista (1 hour on a train, 1 hour broadcasting, 1 hour back) was to keep in contact with Crow, with the whole radio host thing as both a hobby and a cover story. She could keep him up to date on what was going on and plan out the next step with him. She is almost certainly knowledgeable in artifacts and ancient Zemurian lore, so she would be invaluable in deciphering any questions or problems encountered during the old schoolhouse investigation.

I bet the whole reason why she and Crow came specifically to Trista was to investigate the old schoolhouse and try to get the Divine Knight that they suspected was there. Crow was a second year and - considering that Thor's is a two-year school - needed more time to get to the Valimar, so he threw his tests (not to mention, he skips and sleeps through classes because he's out half the time with his fellow conspirators). Another possible explanation is that Vita realized that Emma and Celine were trying to get Rean to awaken the Valimar, so Vita had Crow throw the tests and try to get placed in Class VII so he could gain access to the old schoolhouse and try to get down there first. This does beg the question: what is an awakener? I guess that'll be answered in the sequel. I also suspect that it has something to do with Rean's super mode: ever notice how Rean's super mode has the same grey hair and red eyes as Crow? And that they are both awakeners? Hm...

I also noticed that Gideon refers to Crow as his leader. I'm curious - did Gideon know that C was a young man? It's pretty apparent that Crow must be in his early twenties, but I wonder if Gideon and the others felt any reservations about following the lead of such a young man (then again, many revolutions throughout history have been lead by teenagers, such as Shiro Amakusa). I am also curious as to how Crow came into contact with Ouroboros, considering he's getting direct aid from an Anguis and was given Arachaisims with which to utilize as a stand-in army with which to fight the empire while the nobles prepared. Speaking of which, I wonder if the nobles are working directly with Ouroboros as well (they must be; I can only imagine Professor Novartis and the Thirteen Factories having the capability to reverse engineers the Divine Knights and produce the Soldats, or at least make enough headway to send the Noble controlled Reinford factory the instructions on how to make them).

General Vander (during chapter 3) says that the Ironbloods are made up of youths. I know that this is a stretch, but it reminds me of the Hitler Youth (I'm NOT invoking Godwin's law here), which were made up of teenagers fervently loyal to their political leader and a semi-military organization. In this instance, they'd be incredibly useful: as teenagers, they'd be capable of infiltrating many organizations with little to no suspicion. In Trails in the Sky the 3rd, Lechter evens infiltrates Jenis Royal Academy to spy on Princess Klaudia. With Chancellor Osborne's political power, it's entirely possible that the could influence public education in Erebonia to promote nationalism (not unlike the institutions of the early 20th century that continues to this day) which would give rise to loyal teenagers. These young people could then be recruited into the Ironbloods and trained for any number of purposes, filled with the satisfaction of being immediately useful to their great leader at such a young age (rather than having to wait decades slowly climbing up the ranks of the military) and with the promise of great rewards in the future for their continued loyalty. Just look at Lechter and Claire; they are in their early twenties, see how much power and responsibility they hold! They even get to interact with the Challencor personally, who sends them on special missions which directly push forward Osborne's interests. Millium is given access to top secret technology to use. The useful of such an organization cannot be understated.

I certainly hope CS2 and CS3 expands on this concept; it feels like such a missed opportunity that we didn't get to see how Millium/Lechter/Claire joined the Ironbloods and what the internal structure and atmosphere of that organization looks like. There's so much story-telling potential here!

P.S: In fact, this could very well be the setup for the Calvard games: with (Sky 3 spoilers) Kilika heading up Calvard's new Intelligence Division, we could see patriotic young men leaping at the chance for immediate power and responsibility, with the protagonists being the new recruits.

As of this evening, I have finished my nightmare difficultly NG+ playthrough of ToCS1 for PC. Some thoughts (quite lengthy)

SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST TRAILS OF COLD STEEL GAME!

On the Azure Abyss, C, the Witches, and the antagonists in general.

Spoiler: 

Perhaps the real reason why Vita spend three hours every day traveling from Heimdallar to Trista (1 hour on a train, 1 hour broadcasting, 1 hour back) was to keep in contact with Crow, with the whole radio host thing as both a hobby and a cover story. She could keep him up to date on what was going on and plan out the next step with him. She is almost certainly knowledgeable in artifacts and ancient Zemurian lore, so she would be invaluable in deciphering any questions or problems encountered during the old schoolhouse investigation.

I bet the whole reason why she and Crow came specifically to Trista was to investigate the old schoolhouse and try to get the Divine Knight that they suspected was there. Crow was a second year and - considering that Thor's is a two-year school - needed more time to get to the Valimar, so he threw his tests (not to mention, he skips and sleeps through classes because he's out half the time with his fellow conspirators). Another possible explanation is that Vita realized that Emma and Celine were trying to get Rean to awaken the Valimar, so Vita had Crow throw the tests and try to get placed in Class VII so he could gain access to the old schoolhouse and try to get down there first. This does beg the question: what is an awakener? I guess that'll be answered in the sequel. I also suspect that it has something to do with Rean's super mode: ever notice how Rean's super mode has the same grey hair and red eyes as Crow? And that they are both awakeners? Hm...

On a similar note, there is a new scene on NG+ for the segment where you travel to Heimdallr to pick up the outfits. If you bring Emma with you, Vita will send out her blue bird (whom she apparently calls "Grianos") to distract Emma. I wonder: is Grianos a sentient animal like Celine, with whom Vita can communicate? If so, then it seems like witches consist of pairs of humans with innate magical powers and supernatural creatures who assist them. There is a noticeable difference in the two relationships though: Celine seems to be the master instructing Emma what to do, while Vita orders Grianos around. Also, where did these sentient animals come from? Are they are a more intelligent subspecies of their regular counterparts, or are they some sort of conjured familiar that can take on the form of an animal?

I also noticed that Gideon refers to Crow as his leader. I'm curious - did Gideon know that C was a young man? It's pretty apparent that Crow must be in his early twenties, but I wonder if Gideon and the others felt any reservations about following the lead of such a young man (then again, many revolutions throughout history have been lead by teenagers, such as Shiro Amakusa). I am also curious as to how Crow came into contact with Ouroboros, considering he's getting direct aid from an Anguis and was given Arachaisims with which to utilize as a stand-in army with which to fight the empire while the nobles prepared. Speaking of which, I wonder if the nobles are working directly with Ouroboros as well (they must be; I can only imagine Professor Novartis and the Thirteen Factories having the capability to reverse engineers the Divine Knights and produce the Soldats, or at least make enough headway to send the Noble controlled Reinford factory the instructions on how to make them).

In which case, it seems the Trails of Cold Steel arc has the largest and most powerful set of antagonists seen so far in the series (haven't played Crossbell yet, since there's no official release of it). You have the combined forces of the Noble faction (who control 30% of Erebonia's military strength, plus 50% to a majority of the populated land), a determined group of refugees known as the ILF, the manufacturing power of TWO of the Reinford Company's divisions (divisions 1 and 5), the remnants of the highly trained jaegar corp Zephyr, and the highly resourceful Ouroboros. All working together against Osborne. That's one of the strongest big-bad duumvirates I have seen in a setting. And that's not even counting Erebonias natural enemies in Crossbell State and Calvard, who both have reason to team up together against the empire. This looks to be one of the most interesting arcs in the series, as surely there will be a massive upheaval in the balance of power, if not an outright continental war.

On Osborne and his Ironbloods

Spoiler: 

While we are on the subject of Osborne (who's obviously not dead)...

General Vander (during chapter 3) says that the Ironbloods are made up of youths. I know that this is a stretch, but it reminds me of the Hitler Youth (I'm NOT invoking Godwin's law here), which were made up of teenagers fervently loyal to their political leader and a semi-military organization. In this instance, they'd be incredibly useful: as teenagers, they'd be capable of infiltrating many organizations with little to no suspicion. In Trails in the Sky the 3rd, . With Chancellor Osborne's political power, it's entirely possible that the could influence public education in Erebonia to promote nationalism (not unlike the institutions of the early 20th century that continues to this day) which would give rise to loyal teenagers. These young people could then be recruited into the Ironbloods and trained for any number of purposes, filled with the satisfaction of being immediately useful to their great leader at such a young age (rather than having to wait decades slowly climbing up the ranks of the military) and with the promise of great rewards in the future for their continued loyalty. Just look at Lechter and Claire; they are in their early twenties, see how much power and responsibility they hold! They even get to interact with the Challencor personally, who sends them on special missions which directly push forward Osborne's interests. Millium is given access to top secret technology to use. The useful of such an organization cannot be understated.

I certainly hope CS2 and CS3 expands on this concept; it feels like such a missed opportunity that we didn't get to see how Millium/Lechter/Claire joined the Ironbloods and what the internal structure and atmosphere of that organization looks like. There's so much story-telling potential here!

In fact, this could very well be the setup for the Calvard games: with (Sky 3 spoilers) heading up Calvard's new Intelligence Division, we could see patriotic young men leaping at the chance for immediate power and responsibility, with the protagonists being the new recruits.

On the nature of the Divine Knights (also, Trails in the Sky trilogy spoilers)
    Spoiler: 

During chapter 3, when we are talking with the cameraman in front of the statue (of what I presume to be Nord's Divine Knight, stored away in the Quarry), Jusis talks about a legend involving a "giant knight wreathed in flame" which will calm the chaos. I bet this refers to the Ashen Knight. Given the context, it indeed sounds like it refers to Dreichles (as well as foreshadowing Rean's role in the story). Considering Thor's was founded by Dreichels and the legend surronding the schoolhouse, this seems intentional.

On a similar note, let's talk about the statues in Nord and on Byronia Isle. The statue in Nord seems to be older than 220 years (when the War of the Lions) took place, possibly going back to the Dark Ages. Perhaps the statue was made by the same people who made the Giant Stone Circle? If it was that old, then it would make sense that nobody knew who made the statues. An alternative explanation is that there were multiple Divine Knights utilized during the War of the Lions (and remember, Dreichles started his campaign in Nord) so maybe the Nords idolized Dreichels/the Divine Knights so much that after the war, they built a giant statue of their Divine Knight? I'm not sure why they would forget about them only two centuries after the fact then.

From what I can infer from CS1:

- Dreichels founded Thor's to raise a generation of new warriors to keep the peace, and sealed away his Divine Knight just in case Erebonia needed it again. Doesn't explain how he figured out how to use ancient Zemuria technology.
    - There is a Divine Knight underneath Castle Lohengram in Legram, behind the Red Door. Emma and Celine tried to nudge Laura towards "awakening" it. Will almost certainly be revisited in the sequels.
    - Considering the two giant statues in Nord and Byronia Isle, and the presence of the higher elements in the quarry, we can assume that there are also two Divine Knights sealed away at both locations. Perhaps Gaius will recieve the Nord one? If Byronia Isle didn't already contain the Azure Knight, then that means we will unlock a fourth knight in the sequels.
    - There must be one other location that held the Azure Knight, if it wasn't already Byronia Isle.

Also, has anyone noticed that the great shadow-lord that guarded the Ashen Knight at the bottom of the old schoolhouse was called "Loa Erebonius"? Also consider that Dreichels had to have been at the bottom of that schoolhouse to seal away the Ashen Knight. Makes you wonder how the Erebonian empire got it's name. Seems werid to name your empire after a giant shadow monster...

Finally, I noticed that the voice/system which administers the trials consistently referred to Valimar as "a fragment of power", not to mention the recurring "flame" motif. I wonder: are the Divine Knights literally "pieces" of the Sept-Terrion of fire? How did the Sept-Terrion of fire get "broken up" into mechas? Is Ouroboros trying to gather all the mechas so they can piece back together the Sept-Terrion of fire? We don't know the specifics about the Phantasmal Blaze plan, but it seems to involve gathering up the Sept-Terrions. I suppose the rest of the arc will be about Rean trying to collect all of the dragoballs Divine Knights first?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I havent finished cs yet but olivier is sooo different in cs than tits so far lol.
    Spoilers for TitS and CS1

In TitS, he's undercover and in an unfriendly nation. An unfriendly nation that is in the midst of being taken over by patriot because he fears Erebonia. The Olivier we see there is playing up his [B][URL="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ObfuscatingStupidity"]obfuscating stupidity[/URL][/B] so as to avoid being scrutinized. Also, I'd imagine it would be one of the few times when Olivier would be able to act as silly as he wants without repercussion: obviously it would be disastrous if he was seen in public in his daily life acting that way.

Another thing to recognize too, is that Cold Steel takes place two years after TitS, and in the middle of a crisis. Olivier has been on an incredible, eye opening adventure. He has seen firsthand how good intentions can lead to disastrous consequences, as what happened to the colonel. He has seen firsthand the extraordinary power and iron will of Ouroboros. He has seen how the most unlikely of people - a naive sixteen year old girl for example - could change the world. Olivier has returned to Erebonia with those lessons in mind, and intends to use that newfound knowledge to save his homeland which is on the verge of a civil war. Ofcourse he's going to be more serious.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2017-10-18 at 02:55 PM.

Another thing to recognize too, is that Cold Steel takes place two years after TitS, and in the middle of a crisis. Olivier has been on an incredible, eye opening adventure. He has seen firsthand how good intentions can lead to disastrous consequences, as what happened to the colonel. He has seen firsthand the extraordinary power and iron will of Ouroboros. He has seen how the most unlikely of people - a naive sixteen year old girl for example - could change the world. Olivier has returned to Erebonia with those lessons in mind, and intends to use that newfound knowledge to save his homeland which is on the verge of a civil war. Ofcourse he's going to be more serious.
    Mild spoilers for CS1 + TiTs1:

I think this is the main takeaway. CS1 even has Oliver state this outright. When inviting Class VII to dinner in CS1, he talks about how his time in Liberl changed him. About how important it was to make "winds of change" to the empire. He speaks about how everything he has done since has been with that in mind. We later learn he commissioned his very own airship to get independence from the railway transportation. He created Class VII in Thors to bring up a new generation of people with independent minds; led by the remnants of the [I]Bracers[/I] to drive that point home. He spawns the "third faction" to counter the noble and osbourne factions; to make an alternative to the looming civil war. And in CS2, even more things will happen but that's for another post

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

While browsing XSEED's twitter page for news on CS2 (the new voice work is complete!), I stumbled upon this hilarious image from CS2...

When can we expect tocs 2 for pc? around November?

To quote the translators of the game:

"What I can tell you right now is that it certainly won't be out in September, October, or November.
    There are only 80 work hours in a week "

I believe they are aiming for a December / christmas release. We'll see if that slips.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

just bought the game of ToCS1 and 2, from what i researched, it is a traditional turn base RPG? Also, do i need to play the previous titles like Sky in PSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilthererer View Post
    just bought the game of ToCS1 and 2, from what i researched, it is a traditional turn base RPG? Also, do i need to play the previous titles like Sky in PSP?
    Yes, they're very much hard-JRPG's.

And no, all 3 Trails in the Sky games are out on Steam so you can play them there. You can play Cold Steel without playing Trails in the Sky, but Cold Steel does make reference to some of the events in Trails in the Sky. So if you play it first, you'll be getting some spoilers/missing out on some context.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-10-19 at 11:54 PM.

Who is your favorite character from each game and why?

And...

What is your location from each game and why?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who is your favorite character from each game and why?

And...

What is your location from each game and why?
    Trails in the Sky FC (semi-foggy on this one because it's been 6 years):
    Character: Olivier - because he's just that fun
    Location: Grancel - because I like big cities, plus it's probably the most eventful place in the game
    Trails in the Sky SC:
    Character: Estelle - I mean, I already liked her in FC but the additional character growth and certain scenes put her on top in this one.
    Location - Liber Ark, because it's a friggin ancient city in the sky and the climax takes place here
    Trails in the Sky the 3rd:
    Character: Kevin - with most of the characters taking a backseat here, it's really between Kevin and Ries. Kevin wins because he's got a bit more depth to him, plus y'know, he's a Dominion.
    Location: While technically it's all the same location, I'll say the final dungeon, Castle of Illusions. I like the idea of a dungeon making you use every character, plus the music was great.

Trails to Zero (more of a "so far", since i'm halfway through the game):
    Character: Tio - Great mix of adorable, snarky and sassy.
    Location: Crossbell City - A no-brainer really, the central hub of the game and the more interesting events so far take place here, plus it's a nice city with a very modern aesthetic, which is pretty unique in Zemuria.
    Trails of Cold Steel:
    Character: Sara - serious when she needs to be, a drunk barrel of laughs the rest of the time. What's not to like?
    Location: Trista/Thors - as with Crossbell, central hub of the game. The location itself isn't as interesting as Crossbell City, but the characters are, I loved talking to them all each time you return. And of course the game's finale.
    Trails of Cold Steel 2:
    Character: Sara - see above reasons. Admittedly the competition's closer in this one.
    Location: Reverie Corridor - a (not-so, thanks to Cold Steel 3) final hurrah, great dungeon theme and you can use practically everybody who has joined your party throughout the game (and more, thanks to certain items). It's also different from the usual dungeon, since the layout and treasure is reset/randomized each time you leave and enter.

I look forward to the list getting even longer when I play Azure and Cold Steel 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They already said its 2018.

just finished cold steel. what a way to end the game damn. Still not really sure what the hell happened tbh.

Now, normally I'd be raving about the ending, but that final fight was absolutely ATROUCIOUS. I'm going to need a couple days to cool down before I can even give my thoughts about the game as a whole. That's how aggravating this fight was.

I spent TWO hours fighting the Azure Knight and wiping over, and over, and over, and over again. I tried multiple strategies, and eventually after an hour of misery, succumbed to just looking up a walkthrough... only to be told what I already knew: the final fight is luck based.

Supposedly, you can also spends hours in the schoolhouse leveling up Rean to make the final fight easier (you deal more damage, take less damage, have more health, etc), but considering you can't go back to the schoolhouse to grind once the attack begins (and all my saves were refreshed after Loa Erebonius), and there was no indication that there'd be any more fights after the concert (which would have made for an ideal, "end of the school year happy ending"), I caught completely off guard.

Ofcourse, the best strategy is to attack his weakpoints (which, BTW, there are TWO stances with DIFFERENT weak points that share THE EXACT SAME ANIMATION), something I didn't catch on to until a guide told me) to build up CP and maintain the Quinnoggin buff (which you should double stack ASAP. Yes, you can apparently double stack buffs in this game, something I was not aware of until the guide told me to do so). Whatever you do, MAINTAIN that double stack for the fight, as it will make your rush attacks deal five digit numbers and will make up the majority of your damage dealt. All of the other crafts? Ignore them. Use spirit when below 50% (ofcourse, time it so that you DO NOT LOSE your double stack, use it preemptively if you have to). When the boss reaches low HP and enters his defense stance (he holds out the staff with both hands, countering every move against him), use Morning Star and just pray you get counters with which to use rush, and pray that the boss doesn't use his S-craft or gets as few link attacks as possible. I used the same strategy for about half an hour before one - at long lost - FINALLY worked. Seriously, this fight basically comes down to whether or not your lucky enough to avoid boss links.

I have played many, many, many video games. This is - without a doubt - one of the worst boss fights I've ever had the misfortune to play.

Hmm...I didn't really find it luck-based, not sure. First time I missed one of the link attacks because he has 2 stances that are exactly the fucking same lol. That one missed link attack screwed me over pretty bad. On my win, I barely won tbh. Shrug.

I had way more trouble with loa erebonius UNTIL I figured out that you can block his absorb attack thing (where he sucks in one of your characters) with an adamantine shield. I tried so many different things to figure it out lol. I couldn't deal enough dmg to break out one of my guys and kill his adds that he summons 24/7. Positioning issues and buffing issues. So I just started spamming adamantite shield and ep charge III constantly and use either an s-break or an aoe craft to kill the adds. Worked well, except the fight took so freaking long cuz i spent more time buffing and putting up the shield than attacking lol. The boss fight was like 40 min or something crazy, supperrr longggg.

Unfortunately for me, I got a lot of major characters spoiled for me because of trailer for cold steel 2 and reading through loh wiki LOL

sharon, vita, and crow

so don't be me and watch the trailer for cs 2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They already said its 2018.
    source?
    Last edited by blackpink; 2017-10-26 at 06:19 PM.