Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    That honestly looks like a ranged Death Knight. The majority of those abilities wouldn't be out of place in the existing DK and Warlock classes.
    And yet unique gameplay. That's all it takes.

There's nothing about a frost mage that would be out of place on a Frost DK, or either of Priest's holy specs that would be out of place on a Paladin.
    There's nothing about DH that would be out of place on a Warlock.

What's important isn't shared thematic, which is everywhere (Mistweaver/RestoSham) it's about how the class stands out mechanically and rotationally. There isn't anything like Necromancer in the game currently. There are just a couple classes that share thematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    So where's the tank spec? Because this person was arguing tank spec.

edit: I don't mind Necromancer. But I don't see them making one Necromancer and one Dark Ranger class. First, the class needs to be unique. One possible way they can do it is by combining both DR and Necro, and giving both the Necromancer nametag. It works well, especially since Sylvanas initiated the Dark Rangers via necromancy.
    Nowhere. We don't need more tank specs, and Necromancers don't traditionally tank. I was just pointing out how the class can easily be constructed without stepping on the toes of DKs or Warlocks.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-18 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    necromancers have been in the game since wrath man

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry. But the only difference I see is the armor type, which can easily be mail if they wanted to. It also goes well with recent lore, shadow hunters have practiced necromancy.

Necromancer could have the shadow hunter spec if they wanted. Necromancers practice death magic, and the mechanic you describe is close to Demo locks.

Bone tank is the same thing as Death Knight. Even the spells and animations show it.
    So first we're talking about Dark Rangers, now you're talking about Shadow Hunters.
    Will you try to say that Dark Rangers and Shadow Hunters are the same thing?

Metamorphosis seemed to belong to Warlock. Except it didn't.
    Death Coil seemed to belong to Warlock. Except it didn't.
    Black Arrow doesn't belong in Hunter.
    Death Knights do not embody everything a Necromancer is, nor does Dark Ranger or Shadow Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    necromancers have been in the game since wrath man
    Since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I just don't see how there's enough to Dark Rangers for more than 1 spec. Don't really see it for necromancer either.
    There more than enough for 3 specs for each without having to rip off other classes.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    There more than enough for 3 specs for each without having to rip off other classes.
    People said the same thing about demon hunters and Blizzard barely managed to squeeze out 2 specs. And that's with pillaging other classes for things.

And please, all 4 Dark Ranger abilities from the RTS are part of other classes now. Same with necromancers.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-10-18 at 05:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So first we're talking about Dark Rangers, now you're talking about Shadow Hunters.
    Will you try to say that Dark Rangers and Shadow Hunters are the same thing?

Metamorphosis seemed to belong to Warlock. Except it didn't.
    Death Coil seemed to belong to Warlock. Except it didn't.
    Black Arrow doesn't belong in Hunter.
    Death Knights do not embody everything a Necromancer is, nor does Dark Ranger or Shadow Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice try, but Death Knights are not having anything removed anytime soon. If anything, they expanded upon Blood and Unholy.

The only difference is Death Knights aren't ranged, and they're missing a caster and protective minion. That's it. Unholy's mechanic relies heavily on minions and corpse explosions, the rest of the Necromancer concept is fulfilled by glyphs.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-18 at 06:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice try, but Death Knights are not having anything removed anytime soon. If anything, they expanded upon Blood and Unholy.
    My point being that Blizzard has given classes stuff that doesn't belong just to cater to nostalgia, but when it comes down to bringing the class it rightfully belongs to, adjustments are made where necessary.

The only difference is Death Knights aren't ranged, and they're missing a caster and protective minion. That's it. Unholy's mechanic relies heavily on minions and corpse explosions, the rest of the Necromancer concept is fulfilled by glyphs.
    Necromancers shouldn't have a permanent pet like Unholy, Frost Mages, Warlocks or Hunters.
    Instead I think every minion Necromancers use should be temporary and summoned as part of their gameplay, more like demonology and beastmastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    They took metamorphosis from demo in order to do the demon hunter, I'm pretty sure they could take away undead pets from unholy DKs in order to fit the necromancer into the game.
    They don't have to take anything away from DKs - on a sidenote, they should bring back DK's Blood DPS.
    DKs should focus on the more fleshy, monstruous undead, like zombies, gargoyles, ghouls, abominations, etc.
    Necromancers should focus on skeletal and ghostly and constantly raise, combine and sacrifice their minions.

- - - Updated - - -

People said the same thing about demon hunters and Blizzard barely managed to squeeze out 2 specs. And that's with pillaging other classes for things.

And please, all 4 Dark Ranger abilities from the RTS are part of other classes now. Same with necromancers.
    How many abilities did Monk take from the RTS?

And Demon Hunters have room for improvement.
    I'm glad Blizzard didn't make a half-assed spec.
    The specs they did make have enough variety within them to make it almost feel like 4.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

How many abilities did Monk take from the RTS?

And Demon Hunters have room for improvement.
    I'm glad Blizzard didn't make a half-assed spec.
    The specs they did make have enough variety within them to make it almost feel like 4.
    Monks weren't in the RTS games.

Well, to give a Dark Ranger or Necromancer 3 specs would require giving them 2 half-assed specs.

Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post
    Now, I know we just got a new Hero Class, so it's unlikely that will being getting a new class for a while, but I was thinking about possible expansion ideas. Everyone seems focused on the Void. Seems obvious, what with the Old Gods and the void magic. But what about death magic? Outside of Death Knights, death magic hasn't really been explored. What if, at some point, Bolvar the Lich King decided "Let's train a new batch of Necromancers to keep the world safe?" Havent' really explored it much beyond the idea that it would be well supported in lore and really cool. Maybe a summoning class like the Warlock, with a pet and a dotting system? With three specs: Darkness; a direct-caster DPS, Death; a pet based ranged DPS, and Decay; a dot-caster DPS. Overall, maybe an emphasis on debuffs and control spell?

What are your thoughts?
    So a warlock?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You have a point. Just because there's a holy priest doesn't mean there can't be a holy paladin, or a resto druid and a resto shaman. There's room for two or more specs or even classes that are based on the same core.

I think a necromancer will be saved for an expansion featuring the lich king though.
    If we get a new class at all, as much as I'd love it to be Necromancer, I think it's more likely to be Dark Ranger.

Also, no more edgy dark emo classes please. I still want Bards after that April fools thing.

If we get a new class at all, as much as I'd love it to be Necromancer, I think it's more likely to be Dark Ranger.
    How? Dark Ranger has way more overlap than Necromancer. If anything is "likely" it's probably Tinker.

Not only is the entire idea of a Necromancer covered by Unholy DK and Demo Warlock, what a huge missed opportunity it would be to not introduce something more fresh to the game. Can't think of a class i'd want less.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Death strike is not rotational. Soul Reaper is talented. Apocalypse is tied to the artifact, not the spec. Scourge Strike can be replaced with clawing shadows.
    So then claim of "one ranged ability" requires you to remove all utility spells, pick a specific talent, not pick another specific talent and not have an artifact.

That's a lot of requirements. In other words, the claim is bs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    I agree with this... but they did anyway and fucked up Demo locks hard to do it.

So maybe, be careful what you wish for.
    Demo locks didn't get fucked over, they were always boring to play. The only thing fun was to pop metamorphosis. And even that was just very shallow fun.

- - - Updated - - -

And Blizzard did it anyway and fucked over both rogues and warlocks in the process.
    That was the whole point of my post. People said they would never do it for X reason, and Blizzard did it anyway, because, lo and behold, the reason given for why there can't be demon hunters was always a retarded one. People discussed this for years and some people just kept being in denial about the fact that demon hunters were gonna happen once they do a new Legion expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post

That was the whole point of my post. People said they would never do it for X reason, and Blizzard did it anyway, because, lo and behold, the reason given for why there can't be demon hunters was always a retarded one. People discussed this for years and some people just kept being in denial about the fact that demon hunters were gonna happen once they do a new Legion expansion.
    Um, the reasons were definitely valid reasons, Blizzard just ignored the reasons and warlocks and rogues suffered because of it.

Um, the reasons were definitely valid reasons, Blizzard just ignored the reasons and warlocks and rogues suffered because of it.
    How did DH affect rogues at all? And how does removing 1 ability from 1 spec of a 3 spec class make it so it was fucked over? The whole spec was completely redesigned. So could you please explain to me how those 2 CLASSES were supposedly fucked over?

In any event, the next class will be a blood mage

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    How did DH affect rogues at all? And how does removing 1 ability from 1 spec of a 3 spec class make it so it was fucked over? The whole spec was completely redesigned. So could you please explain to me how those 2 CLASSES were supposedly fucked over?

In any event, the next class will be a blood mage
    Rogues lost a lot of movement so that DHs could be the most mobile class.

Rogues lost a lot of movement so that DHs could be the most mobile class.
    I'd argue monks are far more mobile than a DH, although DH mobility is a unique kit, I've played a rogue and I do not see the correlation you are trying to make.

OT: Necromancer as a class only if they could be either a Tank or a healer. And while a being healed with death magic sounds like it'd be alot of fun, not so sure, and a tank could technically work but having watched the process of building a tank since wrath, a caster based one would be awful.

imo - the blood of sargeas that causes the wound, and the people that would want to gain such power is the key to whats going to happen next. We explore the void on Argus, we don't explore it on Azeroth *not saying its not there, but the story we are being guided through does not focus on the void on Azeroth

Deleted
    ITs NOT POSSIBLE.

Why do you still talk about this. Go play Diablo if thats a thing. We CAN'T have this class, as long as we have DK.

The lore tells you, that the DKs are the Necromancers.

It bugs the sht out of me, when people are trying so hard