Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I'm not going to continue with your strawman bullshit.
    So you retract all three of the claims you made about stuff I said? Okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So you retract all three of the claims you made about stuff I said? Okay.
    Just because you repeat yourself 3 times doesn't mean I am required to supply you with 3 different quotes.

The first 2 demands for a quote, were met with concession that in your attempts to discredit SuperData... it came across as you claiming Hearthstone was the greatest of Blizzard's games. It wasn't, and I recognized the error. Feel free to look for it, I'm not going to give you the pleasure by spoon feeding it to you.

Your third demand for a quote was satisfied when I quoted your ridiculous half page essay utilizing old and irrelevant data, your own creative accounting, and mental gymnastics. You can continue to try and defend your expertise as a financial analyst all you want... I for one have grown tired of your bullshit.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for one have grown tired of your bullshit.
    Pretty funny coming from you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny coming from you!

Are we done?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are we done?
    Well, you don't seem to have any evidence for literally anything you're claiming, you've rejected pretty much any evidence anyone else has put forwards, and as we both agreed earlier, it's basically all guesswork so... I dunno, are we?

I mean, I think we can agree "WoW is probably one of Activision-Blizzard's biggest earners", no? Whether it's the absolute biggest non-mobile game, we don't know, but the only non-mobile games Activision-Blizzard mention as "top earners" are Overwatch and WoW.

WoW generates about $100-120 mil a month just from subs. That's not counting box sales or services.

That's a pretty big bar for either HS or OW to surpass.

Deleted
    all blizzard games except WoW and Starcraft are shit, especially Hearthstone that is a piece of leeching the WoW story crap and anime Overwatch lol what ?

any serious developer would avoid being associated with overwatch

Deleted
    OW and HS will be gone and forgotten in 3-4 years, and WoW will still be here rocking out expansions with a few million subs.
    That is the true thing that matters.

I also doubt that OW has made a lot of profit at all, if you count in the fact it is the scraps of a huge canceled project (titan), that is a massive investment it has to earn back.
    And how much profit does HS really make? Sure, it has a lot of players, but how many of them actually buy stuff? Thinking the majority of players gets most of their stuff from ingame gold. Someone would have to buy €15 worth of packs each month to rival a wow sub, no way in hell people will spend €15 per month on average on HS.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I've said is "SuperData are unreliable and Hearthstone might not be included because of the sketchy way they do their figures".
    Interesting SuperData article from a few years ago suggesting terrible news for Blizzard from World of Warcraft based on revenues from September of 2012 (Mists launched that month on September 25th with greatly higher revenue due to expansion sales) compared to revenues seven months later. 54% drop, wow. Except of course comparing revenues from a month with heavy expansion pre-sales to a period a few months later is complete nonsense.

I haven't really trusted them since and see no reason to since the article with its completely bogus revenue comparison is still up. Reader beware. I can compare some retail store's revenue for December to July and write the same story. It's misleading as hell.

Of course they may have fired the analyst that wrote the report but as far as I can tell they've never retracted the truly faulty analysis so fuck 'em.

https://www.superdataresearch.com/wo...otransactions/
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-18 at 07:41 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch is bigger, it is first game to ever dethrone LoL as most played game, even if just for 2 months
    The esports and league are going to do massive wonders to it even far more
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Any evidence at all for this or just your feels?
    If by most hours played a month, then yes the evidence is played time when overwatch topped LoL for 2 months straight, if by money making, I don't think any top wow still however because wow has many money sinking options that other games can't do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    OW and HS will be gone and forgotten in 3-4 years, and WoW will still be here rocking out expansions with a few million subs.
    That is the true thing that matters.
    HS is already 4 years old and not showing sign of dying (even if I HATE the last exp, i was so hyped only to be crushed by druid overFUCKINGlord)
    Overwatch has a massive esports competitive plan that - if works and I hope so - will make it the top game for long time
    They aren't really against each others, u can play a card game for fun, overwatch and wow, they are different genre
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Both Overwatch and Hearthstone are bigger than WoW. That's not an opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So in your opinion, is WoW still the biggest game of Blizzard? Or has it been surpassed by now?
    It is noticable how much WoW there is compared to any other games this time around on Blizzcon.

But do you think that WoW is still their shining glory?
    I think that pretty much any other of their games is better then WoW right now...... Even Diablo 3. That said, this does not mean WoW is bad, it is just not on par with the other games blizz have, that are close to perfect....

Okay, maybe Hearthstone is not better right now, but it can beat WoW with a good expansion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    If by most hours played a month, then yes the evidence is played time when overwatch topped LoL for 2 months straight, if by money making, I don't think any top wow still however because wow has many money sinking options that other games can't do
    Played time doesn't mean shit, money does. And I wouldn't even believe that Overwatch has more time played than WoW.

It's the biggest, but I'm sure all the investors and guys upstairs consider Overwatch to be the cash cow of the future.
    Mother pus bucket!

According to ATVI's Q4 '16 results; "In 2016, >60% of segment revenues from non-World of Warcraft franchises" (with regard to Blizzard's financial performance) http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...TVI_Slides.pdf.

Therefore in terms of revenue generated WoW was probably not their biggest game in 2016 whether this is mirrored in 2017 remains to be seen although without an expansion release and the inevitable post expansion decline in subs it is likely that WoW's revenue would have fallen in comparison to 2016. Although I do not know whether Overwatch will be able to maintain its strong performance throughout 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sure, subs pay for WoW. Else it wouldn't be worthwhile business.

Doesn't mean the game's upkeep isn't expensive.
    Its not as expensive as Overwatch upkeep. On both of them you have microtransactions although in wow you have subscriptions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It's the biggest, but I'm sure all the investors and guys upstairs consider Overwatch to be the cash cow of the future.
    The franchise perhaps, but not the game itself. They're probably hoping to make more money from eSports and future games in the universe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    all blizzard games except WoW and Starcraft are shit, especially Hearthstone that is a piece of leeching the WoW story crap and anime Overwatch lol what ?

any serious developer would avoid being associated with overwatch
    What?

/10chars

Deleted
    It's not.

Hearthstone is Blizzard's biggest game especially revenue wise.

If I recall they said at the last Blizzcon that the majority of revenue was HS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    It's not.

Not even close. Just a good example at how to spread false things. You might remember something different but I don't know what.

The fastest growing game is still overwatch, the revenue in Q1 is roughly 66% from overwatch (because there was an event with lootboxeys and nothing else in their other games), but in 2016 WoW was in front of Overwatch (and I double checked it, even with all consoles fro Overwatch. Don't forget WoW has more than sub fee, especially game time token etc.), Hearthstone was grossing on 3rd place for blizz in front of Hots and Diablo. Right now Hearthstone, with the second expansion this year, might be in front of WoW, but with presales of the new addon after blizzcon it probably will fall back.

But there is no chance Hearthstone is in front of overwatch.

In the end it doesn't matter, even diablo stands in a positive way with the necromancer DLC and made a really good Q2. Every Blizzard game grew in the last year. Blizz has enough $$ as everything seems to work no matter how disabled the community shouts.