Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lol Lebrons Jersey was torn. Reggie Miller is dissing Nike for cheap ass quality clothes.

- - - Updated - - -

Too late. Cleveland wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Man I'm so cynical.

My main thought was that it's too bad that now the Celtics will have an excuse. I've been looking forward to watching this overrated team full of A minus stars on max contracts go down in flames all offseason, and now it's just going to be "if only we had Gordon Hayward." Lol.

Anyway, yeah it's gonna be boring this year. As a Knicks fan it's weird to see them kind of forced into doing what they should have done all along - rebuild/tank. For the first time in about 15 years, if you're an optimist you can actually see a path to contention centered around Porzingis and some luck with draft/prospects.
    Tell me what the Knicks are up too. I don't know the roster (and don't wanna click links). Should I be optimistic?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah tell me about the Nets too. Nets are also my home team. It's literally just as easy for me to get to Barclays Center as it is to get to MSG. One train ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Time for the ring ceremony. Kevin Durant officially gets a ring so no one can question his legacy (lololol).

Deleted
    Weird. If you have a chance to get schooled by the best player in the world, why would you want to get schooled playing against it, instead of playing with him? Go for scoring award Kyrie, is the only thing you can win this year anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lebron still the absolute difference between these teams. Couldn;t stop him in the final few minutes, and he punished the Celtics everytime they double teamed him with superb passes to the guy left open. Still could have been a tie game if Kyrie had made that final 3.

We'll see how this team develops during the year without Heyward and hopefully we'll hear some good news about his injury tomorrow or in the coming days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, even though Hayward screwed my Jazz over I still feel sick to my stomach. HATE what he did to my team, but I'm still a GH fan (not to mention he is a legit gamer).

Feel bad for him (don't feel bad for the Celtics though, screw them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty devastating...
    It's really similar to Paul George's injury. Even with no ligament damage he's definitely out for at least 6-8 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it's crazy how such a nasty injury can suck out all of the excitement for the night. I can't really muster a cheer for the Rockets for beating the champs at home and spoiling their ring ceremony.

I was watching the game up at Hooters and I was like, did I just see that correctly... and then seeing everyones reaction and no replay for a few minutes... and yep. Sucks cuz I also have (about to had) him on my fantasy team.

And Golden State lol overrated, probably won't even make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I was watching the game up at Hooters and I was like, did I just see that correctly... and then seeing everyones reaction and no replay for a few minutes... and yep. Sucks cuz I also have (about to had) him on my fantasy team.

Rmb when gsw had a record breaking season run? they lost the finals.

The following season was not record breaking with some losses. they won the finals.

It may seem like gsw this season might have some losses as well.

GSW is definitely not over-rated. their team is stacked AND the players have decent teamwork. imo they are over-powered.

i was never really a GSW fan. more of a Curry fan. I'll admit that I was grateful for their recent finals win. However, considering how they practically blew past every other team for the championship (yes, 4-1 cavs is somewhat a blowout too), I feel that NBA has become much less fun to watch. Unlike the MJ and Bulls era. Now that was something.

Hope the reshuffling of players will somehow even this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    I feel that NBA has become much less fun to watch. Unlike the MJ and Bulls era. Now that was something.
    I disagree there, i felt Jordan and the Bulls fairly boring, as were most of the best teams at that time. Really, only Portland (my team) and Seattle felt entertaining to me. Not sure why, I liked Pippen, Grant and Rodman. Might be cuz I saw (and still see) Jordan as overrated (clearly he was/is/was), but also the boring structure of the offense/team. Not as fundamental as the Duncan Spurs, but similar in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    This is going to be one of the most boring NBA seasons of my lifetime I think. Last year, it was kind of cool to see how KD and the Warriors would do. Well now we know their God tier and this whole season will come down to whether one of the their stars can avoid rolling an ankle in June. I know its kinda cool with the new look Celtics, Cavs, Rockets, Thunder... but I really don't care when I know none of them are close to the God team. Fucking KD ruining an entire sport, new CBA please to stop this madness.
    Max contract needs to be increased high enough that teams can't afford to sign more than one or two of them.

Deleted
    GSW will have more lost games than last 3 seasons. That been said: Where's the East? Of course they are going to lose more, because they are going to find tougher opposition. 'Bron first game and BAM Hayward down.

Don't you have the feeling that the only conference that's gonna be entertaining when some match-ups occur it's going to be the West?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    GSW will have more lost games than last 3 seasons. That been said: Where's the East? Of course they are going to lose more, because they are going to find tougher opposition. 'Bron first game and BAM Hayward down.

Don't you have the feeling that the only conference that's gonna be entertaining when some match-ups occur it's going to be the West?
    Golden State is going to win the west. Is it really all that more exciting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Max contract needs to be increased high enough that teams can't afford to sign more than one or two of them.
    Or restrict the number of superstars per team, then again define a superstar.

All became complicated, and now having a look not only at GSW or Cavs, but also OKC, Celtics, Wolves, Rockets.

It comes to mind when Lakers got Pau, Howard, Nash and Kobe and it was a clusterfuck. You don't really know how they'll blend -if they do to begin with-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Golden State is going to win the west. Is it really all that more exciting?
    Than the East? For sure...

I disagree there, i felt Jordan and the Bulls fairly boring, as were most of the best teams at that time. Really, only Portland (my team) and Seattle felt entertaining to me. Not sure why, I liked Pippen, Grant and Rodman. Might be cuz I saw (and still see) Jordan as overrated (clearly he was/is/was), but also the boring structure of the offense/team. Not as fundamental as the Duncan Spurs, but similar in my eyes.
    Rodman was THE REAL DEAL. Srsly noone like him to this date. He was brought in to do the dirty jobs like defense and rebounds, and did it WAY better than anyone else.

Where MJ is concerned, idk whether he was over-rated or not, but ultimately he sure can get the job of winning championships done. Imo, he is way more graceful than the bulldozing Lebron and therefore more entertaining to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    Rodman was THE REAL DEAL. Srsly noone like him to this date. He was brought in to do the dirty jobs like defense and rebounds, and did it WAY better than anyone else.

Where MJ is concerned, idk whether he was over-rated or not, but ultimately he sure can get the job of winning championships done. Imo, he is way more graceful than the bulldozing Lebron and therefore more entertaining to watch.
    I agree with both points there.

I was lazy so I stopped watching. So Houston won eh? That's alright, it's easy for the champs to lose on ring night when they're crying.

Thursday on TNT:
    NYK @ OKC. 8 PM.
    LAC @ LAL.

I'll try to tune in again, especially for the Knicks and just to see how LAC is. I have no idea how the rosters are lol. DIdn't OKC get Paul George and someone else?

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sure of it now Draymond Green is the most important player for the Warriors without him they prob would still be good but Spurs and Rockets would def be the favorite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I was lazy so I stopped watching. So Houston won eh? That's alright, it's easy for the champs to lose on ring night when they're crying.

Thursday on TNT:
    NYK @ OKC. 8 PM.
    LAC @ LAL.

I'll try to tune in again, especially for the Knicks and just to see how LAC is. I have no idea how the rosters are lol. DIdn't OKC get Paul George and someone else?
    and Melo. It'll be interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Im sure of it now Draymond Green is the most important player for the Warriors without him they prob would still be good but Spurs and Rockets would def be the favorite.
    Yes. Kerr has talked about it multiple times, without him the team lacks balance. He got injured and we lost the lead and the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game 2, Celtic home opener. Marcus Smart starts in place of Gordon Heyward. Let's see how the Celtics measure up on short rest against the Bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Heyward got a MASSIVE cheer as he was introduced and they did a video message from him in the Hospital. Very cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if I even wanna watch this game, but I got it playing right now. It's already disappointing that Rodney Hood is a starter, but he walks off before the tip-off. Don't trust Favors, and don't know enough about Rubio other than I keep calling him Marco Rubio, which is an accidental major insult. This rookie Mitchell is making sweet moves but not making even layups.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-10-19 at 01:20 AM.