Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    What? xD If she asks to switch position then its ruined?
    With some couples a woman should be in a position her man put her in. No switching unless the man puts the woman in the new position.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    With some couples a woman should be in a position her man put her in. No switching unless the man puts the woman in the new position.
    That sounds boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Sexual Assault isn't new
    That's a useless comment. It very conveniently ignores everything I said. Bottomline is it's completely useless and counterproductive to conflate rape with assgrabbing. There are worlds between those 2 things. So instead of referring to both of these as sexual assault, let's just keep calling rape rape and assgrabbing assgrabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i believe what they mean is that, of course the guy offering the path of, sex, to promote them is not good. BUT, if the other party agrees to the bad option then after claiming promotions and what not claims rape or assault is not completely clean either. The thing is, they are not completely wrong in calling the choosing party bad either, because try this scenario: Person A: "Hey if you do this thing, ill give u this other thing" Person B: "Sure looks illegal, but ok i guess" Person C: "Person B what you did was immoral and incorrect" Person B: "Well they MADE me do it!"

I think there are a lot of grey areas, in this problem, due to a fairly linear scenario stated above. Hopefully before the judgement storm hits people look into the details of what actually happened before forming opinions.

What a day it is, that the sexual assault guy who is totally incorrect, can have some way to also show that his/her victims are not totally clean either. Sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what u mean, but it adds a bit of a slippery slope. The phrase "men are sex seeking animals" adds something like a "but" to a statement. I dunno if you are a game of thrones fan or not, but there is a quote that is pretty accurate in there. "Father always said, whatever a man says before BUT, is bullshit". People who commit crimes like this shouldnt be allowed but statements. "he/she raped this person, but look this one day he gave to charity". Once accurately found guilty, in my opinion, it should be just a straightforward, "He/she raped this person, they are shit heads and corrosive to society, no it doesnt matter what ever they did. Only a certain kind of person rapes another person".

We are very quickly getting bogged down by half measures. Like those guys in london who gang raped that girl. They deserve only one path of punishment, nothing else no buts.
    I am a GOT fan but haven't heard that quote. But, yet, however are coordinating conjunctions and I agree that they neutralize the start of the sentence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I disagree

Sure a % are likely lying BUT I am confident the vast majority are genuine and as this thread proves people are too quick to dismiss sexual assault
    ofcourse its blown out of proportion.

if you have ever seen what being a victim of serious crime, and especially a serious sexual crime, can do to a person, you will quickly realize if that happened to even 1% of the population per year society would just collapse under the burden that would cause.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-10-17 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    ofcourse its blown out of proportion.

if you have ever seen what being a victim of serious crime, and especially a serious sexual crime, can do to a person, you will quickly realize if that happened to even 1% of the population per year society would just collapse under the burden that would cause.
    I know a number of rape victims

It seems fishy until names are named. They all seem okay with the people still walking around freely. Names and specifics are needed, not impotent hashtags and generalities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    I am a GOT fan but haven't heard that quote. But, yet, however are coordinating conjunctions and I agree that they neutralize the start of the sentence
    sorry the quote wasnt bullshit, but horseshit. I messed up, HUGE DIFFERENCE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIvYWUVB1Ig

Thats it there!

benjen does it too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9yzL7BgIrI

all hail Jon Snow.

Lena Headey, Cersei, on Harvy Weinstein

She never got another job with Miramax, Weinstein's company, again.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Well, not doubting that he's a sleezy fuck. But objectively looking at that story... wow, there's less actual evidence in there than in me staring blankly at a wall. Seriously, if that's all the allegations that she had, she may as well have listened to him and shut up about it. Seriously, even her story doesn't make him sound like he was about to do something.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Actual abuse, or "a dude catcalled me one time and I'M SUCH A VICTIIIIIM!" ?

Well the usual neanderthals came out in this thread. Unsurprising.

In regards to the #metoo hashtag: people are reposting it because they're relating their own sexual assault stories. Seems to be a lost point here, in relationship to a discussion about celebrities.

It's a discussion that probably should have gone viral in conjunction to literally anything else or on its own merit, I don't know why people care about celebrities' lives so much.

There are a lot of flaws with the trend. The original viral post was basically commanding women to come out with their stories when no survivor of assault should feel like they have to publicly out themselves to prove a point.

Also harassment is not assault and should not be lumped in with it. The two are different, there's a lot of grey area between the two and it does a disservice to assault survivors to claim that harassment is on the same level as actual assault. It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Some CEO tried the exact same shit with me in regards to a financial analyst position. We were supposed to meet in his office which became a restaurant, and then was like, let's go up to my office which was actually his apartment (condo? whatever). I was too young and stupid (well...naive, at least) to catch on until he opened his "office" aka apartment door.

I didn't go home and cry about it, I thought the guy was a sleaze and never gave two shits about it again, beyond relating the story here or there. It is nowhere near the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

I understand that incidents like these may feel traumatizing to people, I think those feelings are justified, but if you've experienced actual sexual assault versus these types of harassment, you know they're not comparable. Sexual assault is a more personal violation.

I wonder how many of these "me too" posts are actually genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    So instead of referring to both of these as sexual assault, let's just keep calling rape rape and assgrabbing assgrabbing.
    That's pretty much the problem. I've become much more of an assgrabber lately. Bitches seem to like it, or allow it, knowing it'll get them a little extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    That's pretty much the problem. I've become much more of an assgrabber lately. Bitches seem to like it, or allow it, knowing it'll get them a little extra.
    Are these strangers? Or people you know?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Always people I know. Received nudes, videos, "talk dirty to me" texts etc, stages of advanced flirting more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Is it not sexual assault if they are people he knows? Wouldn't that make someone like Weinstein innocent? Can you not sexually assault people you already know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it not sexual assault if they are people he knows? Wouldn't that make someone like Weinstein innocent? Can you not sexually assault people you already know?
    Not at all what I was leading at. Way to take a question and make a statement out of it.

Can you chill with the "gotcha" attempts? Take a moment to listen and wait before you jump the gun.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked because I have experienced with close friends that we have a certain bond. I have female friends who I can grab their boobs, and they can grab my junk. We do it as jokes, but we have a bonded consent. If ever we went too far, we'd let each other know, and cease the uncomfortable actions.

I asked because I have experienced with close friends that we have a certain bond. I have female friends who I can grab their boobs, and they can grab my junk. We do it as jokes, but we have a bonded consent. If ever we went too far, we'd let each other know, and cease the uncomfortable actions.
    Yikes, big red flag, pervert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yikes, big red flag, pervert.
    Yes, we are perverts. But we are consenting perverts. We are close friends. I would never touch anyone in such a way unless we all consented to it.

We don't do these things with sexual intentions, more as jokes.