Thread: KJ Nerfs

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Needs more nerfs. I’d like to pug this shit before ahead of the curve is gone.
    I've been pugging it for months with no issues. If you need it to become lfr just so you can get aotc then perhaps you're just bad and don't deserve aotc.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    I've been pugging it for months with no issues. If you need it to become lfr just so you can get aotc then perhaps you're just bad and don't deserve aotc.
    Nice passive aggressive post, bro. We're talking about mythic. Something you don't have either.

My casual raid group got H KJ on farm a few weeks ago, so these nerfs aren't a big deal for us. Interesting that they felt a need to nerf H too when M was getting the forum grousing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Nice passive aggressive post, bro. We're talking about mythic. Something you don't have either.
    The guy literally references not having aotc which is rewarded from heroic. The thread is titled "KJ Nerfs" not "Mythic KJ Nerfs". Perhaps you should learn to read before making yourself look like an idiot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well here's the thing, we might be able to get him to 20% when he's on farm but im betting a first kill guild wont, either because beam management isnt perfect, or they need more focus on mechanics, or because people die, so you can totally get to 2-3 marks and being able to survive them without big cds helps

sure you couldve nerfed the corrupted beams, but that would basically make 70-80% of the fight almost trivial

so instead of nerfing all the hurdles, let's nerf the last one at the end
    The very least they could do is to make phase 2 soaks clear Tornado debuff. Dark Marks were pretty binary anyway - you either soak them all or sacrifice, while hoping for immunities/huge damage reductions. Yeah, sure, someone might survive 3rd set and you'll turn a 1% wipe into a kill, but the hardest part of the fight is still phase one and it remains unchanged.

I guess they're fairly satisfied with the amount of Avatar kills and don't want to make it too easy. I don't really expect a sudden rush of kills, which is fairly strange considering KJ himself will still be far from trivial.

I'm shocked it took this long to nerf he damage of illidan dot ....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    In a raid with 10-30 people it must be difficult because I, and I alone am bad.

K.

In a raid with 10-30 people it must be difficult because I, and I alone am bad.

K.
    If you want look at it like that and make excuses for your failures sure but I try and see the bigger picture. I'm not in a raiding guild and all of my M+ and raiding comes from pugs. I'm a good tank and I'm 943 in bag and 940 equipped. So why is it that I've had no issue clearing Heroic ToS each week in pugs and you haven't? The main reason is probably because I'm picky in the groups I join and refuse to play with bad players. I wan't to play with players with similar gear, skill, and experience as me so I don't join pugs unless the min IL is at least 935 and I look up the group leader (assuming I'm not just making the group myself) to see that they're good. The fact that you don't do the same and thus easily clear heroic tos each week would lead me to believe that you are either undergeared, have bad parses or both. That is why I made the comment implying that you are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Reading comprehension. The guy he quoted was talking about heroic.

I'm kinda shocked they touched heroic, but that's fine, makes it even easier for farm now for my guild.

I'm a good tank and I'm 943 in bag and 940 equipped. So why is it that I've had no issue clearing Heroic ToS each week in pugs and you haven't?
    Because the guy you reply to, from what I get from his posts, is a cyclical / tourist player who subs for a patch, wants to get the achievement and go home until another content. It's his right to want this but it's not within expectations he will easily fulfil his wish. Pugs are filled with farmers who farmed every easy normal and hc boss, every weekly m+ chest and are, as you say, 935+ geared without mythic raiding or any form of organized raiding. That comes from farming gear week after week after week. If you don't keep farming along the other farmers, you fall behind and get cycled out of the pug scene. Many people suggested that guy before he should just join a guild and get curve there, but he doesn't want to. Well, he can try to do it the hard way then. Or buy a boost. Tons of guilds are selling curve because it's easy, and probably fairly cheap these days (cheap in the whole scheme of wow inflation ofc).
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-10-18 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Because the guy you reply to, from what I get from his posts, is a cyclical / tourist player who subs for a patch, wants to get the achievement and go home until another content. It's his right to want this but it's not within expectations he will easily fulfil his wish. Pugs are filled with farmers who farmed every easy normal and hc boss, every weekly m+ chest and are, as you say, 935+ geared without mythic raiding or any form of organized raiding. That comes from farming gear weak after week after week. If you don't keep farming along the other farmers, you fall behind and get cycled out of the pug scene. Many people suggested that guy before he should just join a guild and get curve there, but he doesn't want to. Well, he can try to do it the hard way then. Or buy a boost. Tons of guilds are selling curve because it's easy, and probably fairly cheap these days (cheap in the whole scheme of wow inflation ofc).
    I think you should have included more of the quote since my question was a rhetorical one. I understand your point though.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

I think you should have included more of the quote since my question was a rhetorical one. I understand your point though.
    Well it's pretty obvious and rhetorical that at the current stage of expansion/tier pugs mostly take high ilvl people with curve, because there's enough of them roaming around. Or even high ilvl people with 8/9hc and normal kill on KJ.

It's exactly the same as people crying they aren't getting invited to m+, and well if there's tons of other applicants with higher gear what else would you expect in the world of pugs.

The difference is m+ is easier to "make your own group" because it barely requires any leadership or management, only annoying part is to push your key, or if your key is shit dungeon, finding a friend (or even a stranger) with non-shit key. The hurdle to compose a raid is bigger.

P.S. Even if hc KJ was nerfed to the ground pugs would still take 935+ people over the 910-920 ones. Duh.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-10-18 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want look at it like that and make excuses for your failures sure but I try and see the bigger picture. I'm not in a raiding guild and all of my M+ and raiding comes from pugs. I'm a good tank and I'm 943 in bag and 940 equipped. So why is it that I've had no issue clearing Heroic ToS each week in pugs and you haven't? The main reason is probably because I'm picky in the groups I join and refuse to play with bad players. I wan't to play with players with similar gear, skill, and experience as me so I don't join pugs unless the min IL is at least 935 and I look up the group leader (assuming I'm not just making the group myself) to see that they're good. The fact that you don't do the same and thus easily clear heroic tos each week would lead me to believe that you are either undergeared, have bad parses or both. That is why I made the comment implying that you are bad.
    I’m undergeared for pug demands (931). I can’t get a high ilvl because nobody will accept me, I’ve had to slowly claw my ilvl up via the Mythic plus weekly chest.

I’m undergeared for pug demands (931). I can’t get a high ilvl because nobody will accept me, I’ve had to slowly claw my ilvl up via the Mythic plus weekly chest.
    I have an alt at 935 and another at 936. Both have never stepped foot in a raid other than lfr. M+, Greater invasions, relinquished tokens, ,crafted gear and titanforging make acquiring gear a complete joke now. 931 is more than enough to get into a decent heroic pug and if you have good parses that will help even more. You should have no issues getting aotc if it's actually important to you. You have at least a month if not more to get aotc and it's only going to get easier as people unlock more crucible traits. ToS definitely doesn't need any more nerfs to make aotc easily obtainable.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Every group is different. Some people manage to pug with no issues, personally I wouldn't be touching any pug ToS but i'm not a pug fan. We're taking a break now till Antorus and a week later they throw out a bunch of nerfs, I assume this means they'll be pushing out the new raid soon and want people to get AotC

- - - Updated - - -

I have an alt at 935 and another at 936. Both have never stepped foot in a raid other than lfr. M+, Greater invasions, relinquished tokens, ,crafted gear and titanforging make acquiring gear a complete joke now. 931 is more than enough to get into a decent heroic pug and if you have good parses that will help even more. You should have no issues getting aotc if it's actually important to you. You have at least a month if not more to get aotc and it's only going to get easier as people unlock more crucible traits. ToS definitely doesn't need any more nerfs to make aotc easily obtainable.
    For sure, generally you'll find many pug groups are led by undergeared fools who want to be carried and set high requirements

Quote Originally Posted by SloBash View Post
    generally you'll find many pug groups are led by undergeared fools who want to be carried and set high requirements
    How could you set high requirements if you're undergeared? You can't set the min IL higher than what you are.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Deleted
    How could you set high requirements if you're undergeared? You can't set the min IL higher than what you are.
    You can write 940+ in desc and not put any IL limit which is what a lot of people do, of course the smart ones wont join such pugs but trust me a whole lot wont even check that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have both usable crafted pieces and full relinquished bar a few titanforged. Had bad RNG, took me ages to get from 925 to 930.

I have an alt at 935 and another at 936. Both have never stepped foot in a raid other than lfr. M+, Greater invasions, relinquished tokens, ,crafted gear and titanforging make acquiring gear a complete joke now.
    You need to consider that your characters are those ilvls because you are very lucky or gearing poorly (picking higher ilvl over what's actually strongest)

935 and 936 is not a "joke" to get, unless you're very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You need to consider that your characters are those ilvls because you are very lucky or gearing poorly (picking higher ilvl over what's actually strongest)
    No one said you're wearing all of it, what shows for pugs is bag ilvl, in reality you might wear 4p 915 and low trinkets like arcano / convergence but just have trash in bags to pad ilvl.