Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    The Lich King is the only raid boss that actually killed the raid. Argus couldn't do that because LK is better. Also, LK's ultimate ability flat out kills everything including Argus meanwhile the LK can only be killed at the Frozen Throne so even if Argus ended creation if the LK wasn't at the Frozen Throne when that happened then LK would live.
    I seriously hope you're not serious, and you just wanted to piss that guy off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Cough, seeing how he struggles with that whole "winning" thing, perhaps he should pay it a little more attention
    Well, he can't really win in the game narrative or the game would be pretty decisively over. He does seem to kill the raid in the course of the encounter, though - that's pretty much the high bar for raid boss "lethality" in the relative sense.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    The Lich King is the only raid boss that actually killed the raid. Argus couldn't do that because LK is better. Also, LK's ultimate ability flat out kills everything including Argus meanwhile the LK can only be killed at the Frozen Throne so even if Argus ended creation if the LK wasn't at the Frozen Throne when that happened then LK would live.
    Argus the muthafucking Unmaker did kill the entire raid and he did so while we were empowered by the Pantheon's spirits. We were then resurrected literally by Eonar the Galaxy Mother. So now the LK ain't the only one who actually kills the raid. The Lich King is awesome and badass, possibly the strongest final boss right after Argus the Unmaker but the LK won't last 10 seconds against the Unmaker 1 on 1. He'll get Unmade into nothingness. If Argus ended Creation then the Frozen Throne would be gone too cause creation has already ended. I think even Evil Aggramar's Empowered Avatar might be a match for the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Cough, seeing how he struggles with that whole "winning" thing, perhaps he should pay it a little more attention
    He's doing a much better job than Mudmug whose not even strong enough to be a 5 man dungeon boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Could Argus the Unmaker be the child of Light and Shadow? Argus used to be the Eredar, now deep in Fel.
    I'm thinking maybe Alleria could be the chosen one. She was first a child of the Light when she served Xera and the Light but than went to Locus Walker for the Void. I can see her becoming one of the most powerful characters in the future.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    It's over 9000
    bwah hah hah hah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That fight reminds me a little of the Malthael in the Reaper of Souls.
    i can see it. this raid tier may be the one that i get into the mythic push just to see it.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    He's doing a much better job than Mudmug whose not even strong enough to be a 5 man dungeon boss.
    Wow outdated engine couldn't handle mudmug boss fight. Neither could players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's not true. The villains can have major victories without breaking the story. What you need is timeskips so you can show all the damage they did without making the heroes feel impotent.
    In the case of Argus the Unmaker, his metric for victory appears to be "end all of existence," there's not really going to a time-skip on that that will allow the heroes to pick up from the defeat as they'll have been obliterated. Otherwise, I would agree with you.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true. The villains can have major victories without breaking the story. What you need is timeskips so you can show all the damage they did without making the heroes feel impotent.
    What you need is villains who have actual personalities and any form of goals rather than bunch of screaming retards wanting to "destroy the world".

Actually its supposed to (in minds of scythe wielders) show how badass they are for willingly wielding the worst possible weapon. "Im not gonna use weapon that is effective and easy to wield, thats for babies !".
    By Warcraft standards, I'd say scythes are above average in terms of practicality. At least, unlike glaives, they have some range and you don't have as much chance of hurting yourself.

The Lich King is awesome and badass, possibly the strongest final boss right after Argus the Unmaker
    Realy? Again? How many times do I have to repeat that Arthas is much weaker than his fans think? Other final bosses will wipe it into powder
    Deathwing
    Kil'jaeden
    Archimonde

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Realy? Again? How many times do I have to repeat that Arthas is much weaker than his fans think? Other final bosses will wipe it into powder
    Deathwing
    Kil'jaeden
    Archimonde
    Larry has a hard on for Arthas

Same way Kosak has one for Sylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Deathwing
    Kil'jaeden
    Archimonde
    Its a troll vs a troll argument. Stay away from da voodoo mon !!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I seriously hope you're not serious, and you just wanted to piss that guy off.
    I don't think he's being serious. That could just be my refusal to believe that anybody is actually that dumb though

The Lich King is awesome and badass, possibly the strongest final boss right after Argus the Unmaker
    I'm sorry but even Cho'gall is stronger than LK and Blizz confirmed that Illidan is stronger than LK, same for Algalon, Gul'dan and Xavius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    And, most of all, death is in the domain of void, and as Argus is certainly not a Void Titan, it would be extremely weird for him to be death related.
    Death is not in the domain of the void, it's an independent force in WoW universe.
    Despite this, I think what he meant when he said Argus might be the titan of death is that he is related to the end of life, not to necromantic powers.

Well that is the way he tries to end one particular phase. It's not his actual purpose though; Sargeras is still planning to claim Azeroth up till the end after all and he cannot do that if he kills her. And it was more of a general observation on possible narrative structures that could allow a game like WoW to work with the villains still getting a major victory.
    Well at the end of the expansion Sargeras tries to destroy Azeroth. Maybe he wants her, but he might be still willing to kill her rather than risk a void infection.

I'm sorry but even Cho'gall is stronger than LK and Blizz confirmed that Illidan is stronger than LK, same for Algalon, Gul'dan and Xavius.
    Blizzard only confirmed that Lei Shen in his prime would defeat the Lich King. The books confirms that Illidan had a close match with Arthas (pre-lk) and lost due to his arogance. I don't remember reading anything about Algalon, Cho'Gal, Gul'dan and Xavius, so I suppose it's just your headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    so I suppose it's just your headcanon.
    No, it's true. Check the blue posts.

No, it's true. Check the blue posts.
    It's not true. Checkthe blueposts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    That fight reminds me a little of the Malthael in the Reaper of Souls.
    They went full Malthael with Argus (Blue/Black colors, Death Fog..., dual Scythes vs 2hand Scythes)

Cant complain, Malthael & Argus are cool as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In the case of Argus the Unmaker, his metric for victory appears to be "end all of existence," there's not really going to a time-skip on that that will allow the heroes to pick up from the defeat as they'll have been obliterated. Otherwise, I would agree with you.
    I see it more as problem with players not wanting dynamic world and any changes reflected in game because Darkshore is their favorite safe space or fishing spot or Murky is their favourite character or they don't like the color of Fel or whatever.

If villains were allowed to actually do some damage on playable world and make territorial changes, they would feel much more threatening and you could have villain victories that don't feel insignificant shortly after.
    Instead we always get new isolated landmass where everything plays out leaving the places we actually care about safe and secure.

The Wound is a step in right direction though. This is the closes thing to Phyrric victory in WoW if I ever saw one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I see it more as problem with players not wanting dynamic world and any changes reflected in game because Darkshore is their favorite safe space or fishing spot or Murky is their favourite character or they don't like the color of Fel or whatever.

If villains were allowed to actually do some damage on playable world and make territorial changes, they would feel much more threatening and you could have villain victories that don't feel insignificant shortly after.
    Instead we always get new isolated landmass where everything plays out leaving the places we actually care about safe and secure.

The Wound is a step in right direction though. This is the closes thing to Phyrric victory in WoW if I ever saw one.
    I think the developers *want* a dynamic and changing world - they've made movements in that direction for some time now, with phasing and staging and revamp content over multiple iterations of WoW's expansions. The issue with it is both technical (looping Dalarans, the fiasco that was Icecrown Citadel, and world-lag due to instancing bugs) and community-based as you stated above. The Cata revamp was received very badly, as well - which was likely envisioned as a huge coup for the villain of the expansion Deathwing, letting him make huge alterations to the world we knew and loved and forcing us to live in the aftermath of his carnage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the developers *want* a dynamic and changing world - they've made movements in that direction for some time now, with phasing and staging and revamp content over multiple iterations of WoW's expansions. The issue with it is both technical (looping Dalarans, the fiasco that was Icecrown Citadel, and world-lag due to instancing bugs) and community-based as you stated above. The Cata revamp was received very badly, as well - which was likely envisioned as a huge coup for the villain of the expansion Deathwing, letting him make huge alterations to the world we knew and loved and forcing us to live in the aftermath of his carnage.
    You know what would be really great ? Introducing villains before patch/expansion that they will eat shit. I mean, its bad all around since after wotlk era but WoD was possibly worst in that regard with failures of draenor just appearing with WWE intros in taanan and then just dying.