Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    We have Demolocks.

We have Unholy DKs.

Where the fck would you put this in, so that it makes sense?

Thanks.
    Oh shit, for a second there i thought i was in an older post about a Demon Hunter class prediction.
    Well i guess they could always rip some of the spells from the classes you mentioned and give it to the necromancer, that would make it new and interesting.
    Right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    Oh shit, for a second there i thought i was in an older post about a Demon Hunter class prediction.
    Well i guess they could always rip some of the spells from the classes you mentioned and give it to the necromancer, that would make it new and interesting.
    Right ?
    Oh shit yeah. Because you can compare DH with Necromancers.

Yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Oh shit yeah. Because you can compare DH with Necromancers.

Yes.
    Is this supposed to be satirical ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    Is this supposed to be satirical ?
    No, more like ironical.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why do we even HAVE Priests in the Game?

They're just rip offs of Paladins and Warlocks. Seriously! They've even got a Holy spec and so does the Paladin which is a healer -just- like Priests. And the one spec that Priests get that is DPS? Shadowcaster, just like a Warlock. Ugh! It's such a waste of potential when they could've launched the game with a much better and more interesting class!

... Sounds silly, don't it?

There's a hell of a lot of things you could do with a Necromancer that neither the Warlock nor the Death Knight do. And you -could- do it without stealing anything from either of them.

Necromancer is to Death Knight as Priest is to Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Why do we even HAVE Priests in the Game?

They're just rip offs of Paladins and Warlocks. Seriously! They've even got a Holy spec and so does the Paladin which is a healer -just- like Priests. And the one spec that Priests get that is DPS? Shadowcaster, just like a Warlock. Ugh! It's such a waste of potential when they could've launched the game with a much better and more interesting class!

... Sounds silly, don't it?

There's a hell of a lot of things you could do with a Necromancer that neither the Warlock nor the Death Knight do. And you -could- do it without stealing anything from either of them.

Necromancer is to Death Knight as Priest is to Paladin.
    1)Warlocks are using Fel.

2)Priests are using Holy and Void.

3)Void and Fel is like Spring and Fall. They are different schools, fightning eachother.

4)DH makes as much sense as "melee-warlocks" as Paladins are "melee-priests".

5)UH DK is the Necromancer. The "ranged-necromancer" is the Warlock. The UH DK, doesnt have SINGLE melee spell(they are all ranged), if you forget Death Strike which is not rotational and Apocalypse, which is artifact, not tied to the spec.

AND - Necromancer simple doesnt suit pirate themed expansion(why the fck are you trying so hard guys)?

Good attempt, but you lack in basic knowledge.

Eventually you can write in my thread here(this is actually a legit argument im trying to prove about this braindead community):
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ediction-Ninja
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-10-18 at 12:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks do a lot of shadow damage, not just chaos. Shadow is Void. Chaos is Fel.

And I never compared Warlocks to DKs, I compared the proposed Necromancer as such.

Your argument is invalid. Your trolling is irrelevant.

People think we're going to lose our artifact abilities? Is this real life? There is no way UH DKs are losing apocalypse (The ability) in 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post
    Now, I know we just got a new Hero Class, so it's unlikely that will being getting a new class for a while, but I was thinking about possible expansion ideas. Everyone seems focused on the Void. Seems obvious, what with the Old Gods and the void magic. But what about death magic? Outside of Death Knights, death magic hasn't really been explored. What if, at some point, Bolvar the Lich King decided "Let's train a new batch of Necromancers to keep the world safe?" Havent' really explored it much beyond the idea that it would be well supported in lore and really cool. Maybe a summoning class like the Warlock, with a pet and a dotting system? With three specs: Darkness; a direct-caster DPS, Death; a pet based ranged DPS, and Decay; a dot-caster DPS. Overall, maybe an emphasis on debuffs and control spell?

What are your thoughts?
    i would love to see a necro unfortunately what i really like about those kind of class is the extensive use of permanent pets and we all know that blizzard really dislike pets especially permanent on; BM has been neglected forever and still got a second pet only due to the artifact it would be gone at the end of legion, Warlock is a spam spec the permanent pet is weak and the other won't last enough to enjoy them.
    A necro would be mostly the same a permanent pet and a limited number of short living pets i don't see blizzard allowing peoples going around with 10-15 pets so not my cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Not only is the entire idea of a Necromancer covered by Unholy DK and Demo Warlock, what a huge missed opportunity it would be to not introduce something more fresh to the game. Can't think of a class i'd want less.
    that is non issue, first blizzard already show us that if they want to make a new class they have the gut to modify already existing one, second i don't see a better class to introduce that isn't completely out of the story, a dark ranger? a thinker? bha less appealing than a necro done well, unless you told me the thinker could fight with the giant robot suit (kinda like a sky golem) and it isn't a 10min cooldown but something you could build, modify and tune.
    Thing is all the cool ability a thinker could have will end up being on a retarded cooldown usable barely one time per fight i won't believe that blizzard will let a class like that spam turrets, use a suit etc permanently so we will be stuck firing a pistol 99% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    But they incorporate like 10%.

I don't get how people don't understand that Necromancer is to DK what Priest is to Paladin, and Frost Mage is to Frost DK, and Demon Hunter is to Warlock, and Sub rogue is to Shadow.

Just because they have the same thematic (Death magic, undead summoning, diseases) doesn't mean one precludes the other.
    Just like Warlocks and DHs having the same thematic (Felfire, Chaos magic, demons) and Priests/Paladins (Healing with Light magic, slaying enemies with Righteous fire, cleansing and shielding allies) doesn't preclude the existence of those classes.

The fundamental ability of Necromancers in WC3 was raising a pair of skeletons for 40 seconds on 8 second CD. I.e. a constant pool of rising and falling skeletal minions. This is nothing like how Unholy operates. It's closer to BM's Dire Beast or Demonology's Hand of Gul'dan than anything else, but still fairy unique.

Death Knights do not summon Bone Wraiths like Ephial did. They don't hurl bone spears or summon spikes of twisted bone from the ground. They don't deploy plague cauldrons, creates plague clouds, summon waves of vile poison to wash over enemies, summon ghosts, curse enemies, etc, etc.

Because they're two different things.
    They incorporate most of what usual Necromancers in WoW can do.

Priest to Paladin is one of the things that would not happen again imho because both specs are very similar and only have been fleshed out over the years. Both are using the Light (except Shadow Priests), they even share some parts of the class story in Legion.

Could a Necromancer class exist? Yes, most likely. Would it make sense? Not really. It would be easier to just turn one of the DK specs into a Necromancer (ranged) spec although Unholy is like a Necromancer would be.

For Demon Hunter they need to remove an entire Warlock spec. And even then they just gave us 2 specs instead of 3. I don't want that to happen ever again.

DKs can summon a skeleton army on a higher CD, DKs can summon "Bone things" (that's exclusive to Blood & Unholy DKs), everything "disease related" is incorporated in the Unholy (and even Blood but it's more Vampirism + Bones) spec.

They're not different. At least not very much. By your logic we can split every class into new classes and just revamp some of their skills and we would have a new class although class A and class B are fairly similar but don't share names.

Most of the Warcraft "Necromancer" things are already in game. There is no need for a Necromancer class. Something what's missing in WoW is "Mind Magic" or something like that - fighting with Illusions, Telekinesis and so on like Mesmer in Guild Wars (2) or Coercer in Everquest (2). Some kind of "Conjurer" is missing as well like Rift's Tempest spec. Necromancy is already in game and doesn't need another class to incorporate it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

If Necromancers make it into the game and Tinkers don't I'll eat my hat and convert to Judaism
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Necromancers make it into the game and Tinkers don't I'll eat my hat and convert to Judaism
    Allow me to be the first to say "Mazeltov!"

Just in case...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Monks weren't in the RTS games.
    Don't speak about games you didn't play.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

Out of those, they made 3 full-fledged, non half-assed Specs, and even partially succeeded in givin the healer spec a half-dps mode that only Discipline ended up fully becoming.

Trying to boil down what classes can or cannot be made based on what abilities they had in the RTS games and what abilities were given to existing classes in WoW is just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    How? Dark Ranger has way more overlap than Necromancer. If anything is "likely" it's probably Tinker.
    Dark Ranger has no overlap - classes aren't just abstract concepts like death, bow, dagger, shadow.
    Tinker has overlap with Engineer. It will probably require a profession overhaul.
    Tinker is likely but not in 8.0, imo.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-10-18 at 02:13 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well there was a leak post made before hand by someone talking about 4th specs being implemented. (Leak as in grain of salt, maybe just the idea) It had Necromancer as a 4th spec for the warlocks. So i mean it could be plausible to just have it on the Lock end but given what Necromancers are they should be their own class.
    I agree, a necro class by itself would be more appropriate, but I don't see them being able to bring that in without seriously gutting warlocks to implement basically the same class, but death not demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Further taking iconic spells /Flavor/style/class , away from Locks?

Are we going to see a renaming of the Lock class to "Purple and Green flashy spell animation but completely ambiguous caster class" As well?

IF anything, this would be a reworking of one lock spec, ala Combat-Outlaw.
    Maybe rebuild affliction? it is likely the closest to death magics with it's plague-y aspect. Plus some shadow stuffs. That could easily go necromancer. Although I think they also need to rebuild demo. Could do a double rebuild. Make affliction necromantic with the hordes of undead minions at it's call, then have demo be all about building up to one giant demon. Demo is basically glorified imp mother right now, which hardly feels like a master demonologist, we have control over the weakest grunts of the legion.... yay. Could very easily rebuild demo so you're basically like charging an ulti which arrives in the form of a powerful demon, like a dread or pit lord. Which frees affliction to utilize the souls of the dead like it's current artifact does to power an army of undead under its corrupting thrall?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    We already have classes redundant to each other. Might as well add the ranged equivalent to death knights.
    You mean Warlocks?
    Or Shadow Priests?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    new class should be Vendors. Come friends break bread and drink yourselves drunk in my tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Don't speak about games you didn't play.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

Out of those, they made 3 full-fledged, non half-assed Specs, and even partially succeeded in givin the healer spec a half-dps mode that only Discipline ended up fully becoming.

Trying to boil down what classes can or cannot be made based on what abilities they had in the RTS games and what abilities were given to existing classes in WoW is just silly.
    Brewmasters weren't monks. Blizzard created a monk class and then added a brewmaster spec to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Rather the point is that similar to how gladiator changed the entire way a spec worked with one talent, you could easily do the same to unholy with two talents. And really, "all utility spells"? Unholy has other utilities beyond death strike (which is not even a utility, it is a defensive self heal) and they can all be used at a 30yd range. Apocalypse is specific to this expansion and obviously a new class would not suddenly land in 7.3.2, the general assumption remains that we are not keeping our weapons as they are in the next xpac. And the fact that two talents would logically be exclusive to each other is common to every spec in the game, talent builts are based on synergies after all.
    The point remains, if Blizzard wants to allow you to play Unholy both as melee and ranged, all they need to do is create 1-2 talents that support a ranged play style. Right now the only talents that require melee range are Blighted Rune Weapon and Soul Reaper. All the cooldowns but one (which is going away) work from range and of the two rotational abilities one can already be talented to become a range ability.
    When I say "all utility spells" I mean that you're apparently saying that utility spells just "don't count" for whatever reason. And by utility I just mean non-rotational. Apocalypse is a core Unholy spell now whether you like it or not - the spec is balanced around it. If it is removed in the next expansion, it will be replaced by something else, or other spells will be tuned to account for it being missing. More than likely it will be baked into the spec. Discounting it because it is technically attached to a weapon is disingenuous when said weapon and said spell are mandatory and used by all max level players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Brewmasters weren't monks. Blizzard created a monk class and then added a brewmaster spec to it.
    Just like Beastmaster.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Blizzard announces Warlocks are no longer able to summon demons in order to fill the necromancers class identity.