Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why can't i Attack the Other Faction in Stormwind/Orgrimmar?

I have been doing PvP for fun in Stormwind/Orgrimmar since TBC but for some reason now is impossible. Everyone has the PvP: Disabled as soon as they teleport to the city.
    What i wanted to know is if this is just a temporary change or permanent.
    Was it:

1) A stealth fix/patch Blizzard made and now everyone gets instantly the "PvP Off" as soon as they enter the city?

2) Because Dalaran is a "Safe Haven" (cant remember the right term) people have already the "PvP Off" and when they use the portal to the city they keep the PvP: Disabled

3) Other

tldr: Is this a permanent change or is it because of Dalaran? Is there still hope for the next expansion or my roleplay PvP is pretty much dead forever?

EDIT: @Kufell make the experiment of going from Shrine of the two Moons to Orgrimmar. It unflagged him without the five minute wait. Looks like they did make a change to the flagging at some point and now is impossible to catch players in major cities with the PvP:enabled
    This was probably a stealth fix in Legion

EDIT2: Now i am confused and i have no idea who is right @Kufell or the Blue who replied to me
    He said this: (tldr: is because people are teleporting from Dalaran)

If you are PvP-flagged and relocate to friendly territory (such as once your main cities) - then you will remain flagged for 5 minutes during which you are still vulnerable.
    This would mean that a person who is out in neutral territory ports to their city, they would be vulnerable after arriving if a sneaky sneaker was waiting for them.

If folks are porting into a city and are already un-flagged for PvP, it means they were already not-flagged - such as by being in Dalaran.

Most players in a major city are likely to not be PvP-enabled so they can safely use the auction house or relax, but the NPCs and faction leaders are always eager to pick a fight!
    source: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617064522
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-10-18 at 05:02 PM.

You cant even stealth in cities since like...cata ? Dont all guards have that dumb fucking eye above their heads these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The term you were looking for is Sactuary.

In regards to the pvp thing i couldnt say for certain why you cant attack anyone. But maybe its because Org and SW are CRZed now? If youre used to being on a PVP realm it is possible that you are being phased into a PVE realm version of SW.

I dunno, i havent been pvping this expansion.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-10-18 at 02:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I have been doing PvP for fun in Stormwind/Orgrimmar
    You mean the good old ganking lowbies and killing NPCs? The feels!

Now seriously, Racial Capitals are not Sanctuaries.

Most likely you're just encountering players who haven't been in open world zones long enough that their PvP flag wore off, or you're CRZ'd to a PvE realm, which would be stupid.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-10-18 at 02:53 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    mh...I still can attack the other faction on a PVP server even in capitals.
    Your problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    You mean the good old ganking lowbies and killing NPCs? The feels!
    No, i like epic duels in major cities.
    I hate duels in Argus and the world where people are doing stuff but for some reason i LOVE it in major cities.

It's pretty much the feeling you get in the rogue assassination class hall quest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    mh...I still can attack the other faction on a PVP server even in capitals.
    Your problem?
    You can??? I can't and i dont know why
    Am i phased in a PvE realm?

Deleted
    I have been doing PvP for fun in Stormwind/Orgrimmar since TBC but for some reason now is impossible. Everyone has the PvP: Disabled as sonn as they teleport to the city.
    What i wanted to know is if this is just a temporary change or permanent.
    Was it:

1) A stealth fix/patch Blizzard made and now everyone gets instantly the "PvP Off" as soon as they enter the city?

2) Because Dalaran is a "Safe Haven" (cant remember the right term) people have already the "PvP Off" and when they use the portal to the city they keep the PvP: Disabled

3) Other

tldr: Is this a permanent change or is it because of Dalaran? Is there still hope for the next expansion or my roleplay PvP is pretty much dead forever?
    To protect low level players.

go to duskwood instead
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    go to duskwood instead
    But i dont want to gank low levels I want epic duels with people of my level in major cities

But i dont want to gank low levels xD I want epic duels with people of my level
    they will show up eventually when you gank low levels
    hit & run posting lol

I have been doing PvP for fun in Stormwind/Orgrimmar since TBC but for some reason now is impossible. Everyone has the PvP: Disabled as sonn as they teleport to the city.
    I have been playing since 2010 and it's literally always been that way. Maybe you're confusing it with some private pvp server...

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    I have been playing since 2010 and it's literally always been that way. Maybe you're confusing it with some private pvp server...
    Rip elysium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

You haven't been able to gank people in their capital cities since Vanilla... even on PvP servers.

PvP Servers only auto flag you for PvP in contested zones. In friendly zones (which cap cities are) you automatically deflag for PvP. If you recently engaged in PvP and hearth/enter a safe zone you need to wait I think 5 minutes before being auto de-flagged.

The people who are attackable in their home cities are absolutely only people who recently left a PvP match or right-clicked their portrait and manually flagged themselves. It's ALWAYS been this way OP, you are definitely remembering it wrong if you recall every enemy faction player gankable while AFKing in the auction house.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    No with my Rogue, in every expansion (even WoD), i would wait in the place where people are teleported to the major city and have epic duels to the death.
    People usually have PvP:Enabled when they exit a teleport.

Something changed

It's almost as if i am in a PvE realm now...

I also want to mention that you can't be CRZ'ed to PvE realms(and vice versa - and same for RP realms) if you play on a PvP realm. You will need to get invited by someone playing on that realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You haven't been able to gank people in their capital cities since Vanilla... even on PvP servers.

PvP Servers only auto flag you for PvP in contested zones. In friendly zones (which cap cities are) you automatically deflag for PvP. If you recently engaged in PvP and hearth/enter a safe zone you need to wait I think 5 minutes before being auto de-flagged.

The people who are attackable in their home cities are absolutely only people who recently left a PvP match or right-clicked their portrait and manually flagged themselves. It's ALWAYS been this way OP, you are definitely remembering it wrong if you recall every enemy faction player gankable while AFKing in the auction house.
    People usually were flagged for PvP when exiting a teleport to the city. I've done this in WoD!
    This was probably a stealth fix

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I also want to mention that you can't be CRZ'ed to PvE realms(and vice versa - and same for RP realms) if you play on a PvP realm. You will need to get invited by someone playing on that realm.
    Thanks for the info.
    This means this was either a change Blizzard made OR is because of Dalaran.

On a PVP realm - I believe you should be able to attack enemy players in their city.

On a PVE realm - if you go to an enemy city you are instantly flagged as PVP and any players (and NPCs) in that city CAN attack you (and flag themselves for PVP if they do) but you cannot attack players in that city if they have not flagged PVP on.

I am not sure about the PVP realm though as I never play in one.

No with my Rogue, in every expansion (even WoD), i would wait in the place where people are teleported to the major city and have epic duels to the death.
    People usually have PvP:Enabled when they exit a teleport.

Something changed

It's almost as if i am in a PvE realm now...
    You mean you would gank them as they exit a loading screen... The most likely reason for this is due to them going from Dal (sanctuary) to what I assume is Stormwind, due to how you do this the SW portal room seems most likely the place where you did it. There's nearly no reason a player would choose to port to SW/Org over just taking the Dal Hearthstone, or a port to Dal. In WoD players were returning from Ashran (not a sanctuary) to their capital, and in MoP players were porting from the shrine (not a sanctuary) to the capital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gave this a try, going from Shrine of the two Moons to Orgrimmar. It unflagged me without the five minute wait. Looks like they did make a change to the flagging at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    You cant even stealth in cities since like...cata ? Dont all guards have that dumb fucking eye above their heads these days
    Earlier than that I believe. I've never had an issue with it with the Rogue tool-kit though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    You mean you would gank them as they exit a loading screen... The most likely reason for this is due to them going from Dal (sanctuary) to what I assume is Stormwind, due to how you do this the SW portal room seems most likely the place where you did it. There's nearly no reason a player would choose to port to SW/Org over just taking the Dal Hearthstone, or a port to Dal. In WoD players were returning from Ashran (not a sanctuary) to their capital, and in MoP players were porting from the shrine (not a sanctuary) to the capital.
    Yes that was my though also...so maybe with some luck next expansion i can still do PvP in major cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Gave this a try, going from Shrine of the two Moons to Orgrimmar. It unflagged me without the five minute wait. Looks like they did make a change to the flagging at some point.
    Oh, dear lord....this means this is the end for PvP in major cities.
    They did make a stealth fix it's over