Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's your experience in TW Black Temple?

So, I haven't done TW Black Temple yet, but from what I see when I look for raids in group finder is that there seems to be a lot of wipes and people quitting.

What is your experience in TW Black Temple? How difficult is it? Is it like a normal difficulty raid?

Is there any reward from it other than the tokens? An achievement? I need to clear it on my demon hunter to be able to mog the warglaives, no?

My experience this time around:

You are #1200 in Battle.net queue

SO yeah - maybe next time ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    So, I haven't done TW Black Temple yet, but from what I see when I look for raids in group finder is that there seems to be a lot of wipes and people quitting.

What is your experience in TW Black Temple? How difficult is it? Is it like a normal difficulty raid?

Is there any reward from it other than the tokens? An achievement? I need to clear it on my demon hunter to be able to mog the warglaives, no?
    AFAIK you can achieve the kill with any character, and if you have the Glaives achievement, then your DH will get the transmog. You do not have to get the kill or the Glaives on your DH, but you need both glaives on the same character to get the achievement and thus unlock the transmog.

I have not been in TW BT last time the event was up, did not had much time and also read much about the TW raid being an awful experience. I don't know if I will try to find a group this time. Have the same things with less time on my hands again. And Mage Tower will probably be up, which has a bit higher priority for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its great. I completed it and one shot every boss in the run I did earlier.

Good times.

TW Black Temple is a joke if your group is decently geared and knows how to play their class.

I did BT Timewalking the first time around and it was fun. The difficulty was around Normal Tos level at the time. When it first released 900 gear was already bad but maybe the odd 915 piece could help. I wanted to do it again but it seems pointless if it's still dropping 900 gear 4 months later. That being said if you haven't done it at all yet I'd high recommend doing it at least once to experience the bosses in a way where you aren't 1 shotting them.

Deleted

I haven't done it. Tried to find a group once but they wouldn't take me, so fuck it. Too bad cause I have both glaives on my rogue.

I need to clear it on my demon hunter to be able to mog the warglaives, no?
    No.

1. Have the achievement warglaives of azzinoth on any character on your account
    2. Beat the timewalking black temple on any character on your account leads to
    3. the achievement i'll hold these for you until you get out and lets you mog the glaives on any DH on your account
    Last edited by Twdft; 2017-10-18 at 03:46 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    You actually have to pay attention and know the fights somewhat, else you will kill others or cause a wipe.
    But like, every fight has maybe 1 or 2 things to worry about, and even then some of them aren't really a worry, but more of a nuisance.
    Illidan is pretty decently difficult, and if your tanks fuck up the elementals and they melt everyone, it can cause some seriously funny rage.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im in a large guild on Proudmoore US, one of the most heavily populated US servers, and there seems to be a general disinterest in the BT timewalking raid. I see a few people trying to put together runs on trade, but by in large it doesnt seem like many people are doing it. It may be that the horrible upscaled Molten Core raid from a couple years ago has left a very bad taste in peoples mouths.

I think as a player who don't know a fight you can only wipe raid on gurtogg and maybe illidan, did the first BC tw going to do this again for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Im in a large guild on Proudmoore US, one of the most heavily populated US servers, and there seems to be a general disinterest in the BT timewalking raid. I see a few people trying to put together runs on trade, but by in large it doesnt seem like many people are doing it. It may be that the horrible upscaled Molten Core raid from a couple years ago has left a very bad taste in peoples mouths.
    It's also possible that most people that had interest in it did it the first time around, and ilvl 900 loot isn't worth doing what is mostly a pretty bland raid by todays standards. (keeping in mind a lot of the mechanics from back then either aren't relevant now, or are nerfed to be less effective)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Ilvl 900 gear was a bizarre choice on Blizzards part. It should have at least been on par with Argus argunite pieces. Can the BT stuff even wf/tf? I would assume so, but i cba to step foot in there.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-10-18 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Yeah, Ilvl 900 gear was a bizarre choice on Blizzards part. It should have at least been on par with Argus argunite pieces. Can the BT stuff even wf/tf? I would assume so, but i cba to step foot in there.
    I got 915 Warforged helm from the first boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    I did BT Timewalking the first time around and it was fun. The difficulty was around Normal Tos level at the time. When it first released 900 gear was already bad but maybe the odd 915 piece could help. I wanted to do it again but it seems pointless if it's still dropping 900 gear 4 months later. That being said if you haven't done it at all yet I'd high recommend doing it at least once to experience the bosses in a way where you aren't 1 shotting them.

I tried it, and I'm not going to be able to complete that place for the achievement unless they make it doable for LFR people. Not because I can't do it, but because I'm not going to bang my head against a wall wiping 250994 times with pug people.
    We wiped so many times and to the most simple of things.
    People pulling Supremus while we were fighting trash, people standing in the blue fire and then blaming it on them being colour blind.
    People standing too close to trash packs after Supremus so they get feared into the other packs. We all tried to skip a pack and a patrol, but one of the tanks charged into the patrol pack and there was another wipe, and at that point people gave up and left(and we were already like 5 short since people left from all the wipes on Supremus trash :P).

Deleted
    Very good experience.

With a average group, there was a bit of challenge.
    2-3 trys on some bosses (all people didn't know tacts)
    4 trys on Illidan for a 9m11sec kill fight.

The better TW experience so far.

I got 915 Warforged helm from the first boss.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried it, and I'm not going to be able to complete that place for the achievement unless they make it doable for LFR people. Not because I can't do it, but because I'm not going to bang my head against a wall wiping 250994 times with pug people.
    We wiped so many times and to the most simple of things.
    People pulling Supremus while we were fighting trash, people standing in the blue fire and then blaming it on them being colour blind.
    People standing too close to trash packs after Supremus so they get feared into the other packs. We all tried to skip a pack and a patrol, but one of the tanks charged into the patrol pack and there was another wipe, and at that point people gave up and left(and we were already like 5 short since people left from all the wipes on Supremus trash :P).
    Don't play with bad players. Be like me and be picky in the groups you join. Even though it's timewalking you can still set a minimum item level as a way to filter out bottom feeders. I can understand your frustrations but there are ways to avoid it by being very selective in the pugs you join.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

15+ Year Old Account
    Ran it first on my druid when it went live and I was lucky enough to get in a guild group of Asians that knew their stuff. I didn't understand a word they said but it went smooth AF and we 1-shot every boss.

When I attempted it on my shaman I gave up after 2 groups in a row wiped over and over on Supremus.

This time around, I see no reason to do it. Barely worth it on a fresh 110 alt with Argus and Normal ToS groups that are easy to get into.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience is HORRID.. people just body pull shit and generally have no clue nor intrest in knowing what to do.

Took me about 6 tries to get a proper pug group to fully clear it.

I got my glaive skin.. so I'll do it: NEVER AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    90% clusterfuck. 10% actual tactics.

Did they up the gear it drops or is it still 900?

I spent all my time sitting in Shattrath in a mostly-formed raid as people got bored and left, were replaced, got bored and left, were replaced...

They should have just made it LFR like the LFD TW dungeons.