Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why not try EVE... After all, we are already showered in ships, teleporters and other sci-fi stuff

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    He's not wrong though. I said it in my previous post, but it kind of fits this. Eve is a game for toxic people who want to do toxic things to people who think Eve is a game about messing around in space.

Let's say I am the CEO of one of those big corps. On a whim, I just decide that I don't like X alliance. X alliance did nothing to me, they were just there. They're a smaller alliance of friends who play the game for kicks like you suggest. Maybe they have a shiny ship or two. They might have enough ISK to wipe my ass with. Either way me and the squad headed over there and destroyed all their ships, infiltrated their guild and robbed their meager funds, then flaunted it in their face as we sailed into the nonexistent space sunset. and CCP Games patted us on the back for it.

Yeah, great times.
    That's pretty much exactly it.

I bought EVE on release. I was super-excited, but as I played it for a few months, it rapidly became clear that this was indeed basically a game about toxic people harassing people who were trying to play a space-trading/space-PvP MMO, especially once it really got going. It's only got worse over the years.

The idea that it's a "progression for mature people" from WoW is amazing.

It's a bit like me trying to tell a room full of normal people that if they're "mature" and want to "progress" they should become street-level crack dealers or something.

WoW isn't immature. Some of the players are.
    And that is going to be the case for any game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Playing EVE Online starting now, is like rolling a level 1 horde toon on an alliance only PvP server.

You are not going to have a good time.
    This pretty much sums up EVE Online.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    This pretty much sums up EVE Online.
    To be fair, they added the ability to basically buy skillpoints using ingame currency. And you can effectively buy ingame currency with actual money by selling PLEX (think wow tokens).

Its something i noted the last time i logged in when i was checking out the god-awful f2p changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    To be fair, they added the ability to basically buy skillpoints using ingame currency. And you can effectively buy ingame currency with actual money by selling PLEX (think wow tokens).

Its something i noted the last time i logged in when i was checking out the god-awful f2p changes.
    The whole game is built like oGame and the likes, which require new servers every few months to give new players a chance.
    Minor changes like the one you mentioned don't fix anything.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    explain because I don't think you know what irony is
    I think they were pointing out the fact that you were being condescending while stating people were condescending. Unrelated, the typo in your avatar makes me twitch.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

i was half expecting advice on real world responsibilities when i clicked on this thread.

guess not
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    firstly, it wasn't condescending at all
    secondly, it's a meme champ.
    I'd hardly call something that has to be researched to get a 'champ' >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love EVE, I don't always recommend it to everyone...

You can't really compare wow to a space spreadsheet but okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    How has this thread made it to six pages?
    Didn't see it until just now. Sorry.

This forum is not to be used to advertise other games. Nor are game vs. game threads acceptable within forum/site rules.

Closed. Holy crap people...
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-18 at 05:17 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."