Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Getting matched to similar elo players is what most people would prefer, because being matched with people who have a similar skill level/effectiveness is what most people consider fair. When you deviate from that, the games become less fun to play.

A junior/marquee set up also basically allows you to pay to play against newer/less skilled players (assuming they still try to balance the teams' elos). That's exactly what they're talking about:
    Which doesn't mean the match is unfair. Which is the bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which doesn't mean the match is unfair. Which is the bigger deal.
    I would argue the opposite. I don't want to play in games where i'm completely outclassed even if I win half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    So, who do you think is paying these "cash backs" for? The retailers? The credit card company? BWAAAHAAAA Good one! How does one get THIS short-sighted and naive?
    I also don't have and don't need a credit rating. My "rating" is my stable job and the number that pops up with a "+" in front of it on my balance each month. Actually, the mere fact that, to this day, I never even ever took ANY loan, not even bought things with a plan, does nothing but reflect perfectly on me in talks with a bank.
    1) Who is paying for the cash back is irrelevant, so long as it isn't the cardholder.
    2) Make sure you tell that to the bank that you are asking for a mortgage when you want to buy a house. I'm sure banks love to lend hundreds of thousands of dollars to people with no credit because "Hey man, I have a job and some savings, I'm totally good for it, I swear."

Credit rating is a measure of your ability to pay back what you owe. There is zero reason not to have, or to assume you don't need one. Get a credit card, buy some things you have cash to cover, pay the bill before the due date. Repeat on a monthly basis. Enjoy your newfound higher credit rating and lower interest rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

I'm pretty sure the goal IS to create unbalanced matches so the non-paying customers run out and buy the gun the winner / winning side had to try and be on an equal level. Its shady but its their game and let the consumers sort it out.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    TL;DR Activision just patented a system for Destiny 2 which matches you against players better than you, to motivate you into buying shortcuts with real money.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/...-items-w509288

This seems almost illegal. If not illegal, highly immoral. It targets what potentially is children with underhanded sales tactics. Not only that, but it will intentionally make an unfair match to do so.
    Or, or, wait a minute, promotes people to get better at the game. The only people who will be buying the stuff are people that refuse to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    TL;DR Activision just patented a system for Destiny 2 which matches you against players better than you, to motivate you into buying shortcuts with real money.
    So those players better than you must be matched against players worse than them.

Deleted
    Patented isn't the same as implemented, I suspect at the moment the 'issue' is tweaking it to avoid the apocryphal frog boiling once that's sorted it'll get jammed into everything that can take it

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I'm pretty sure the goal IS to create unbalanced matches so the non-paying customers run out and buy the gun the winner / winning side had to try and be on an equal level. Its shady but its their game and let the consumers sort it out.
    It is literally impossible to do this.

No weapons are sold in the Destiny 2 cash shop.

You can't actually buy any of the things in the cash shop with cash, you buy a loot box, and you can breakdown the stuff in the box to get dust, which is used to buy a small subset of cosmetic items, rotating on a weekly basis.

The only things on the cash shop that are even visible to other players are Shaders, Cosmetic armor (which is sold on the cash shop/dropped in loot boxes at the same power level as level 1 starting gear), and Ornaments for Exotic weapons. The Ornaments are not even usable unless you already have the Exotic weapon it goes with. Those Exotic weapons must be earned through gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Agree with this.

There was a pic in the funny pic thread which I think is completely apt for loot boxes.

It's hurts how pants-on-head stupid this is. Nostalgia sure is blinding to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    It is literally impossible to do this.

No weapons are sold in the Destiny 2 cash shop.

You can't actually buy any of the things in the cash shop with cash, you buy a loot box, and you can breakdown the stuff in the box to get dust, which is used to buy a small subset of cosmetic items, rotating on a weekly basis.

The only things on the cash shop that are even visible to other players are Shaders, Cosmetic armor (which is sold on the cash shop/dropped in loot boxes at the same power level as level 1 starting gear), and Ornaments for Exotic weapons. The Ornaments are not even usable unless you already have the Exotic weapon it goes with. Those Exotic weapons must be earned through gameplay.
    I play D2 already and i'm well aware of that, but the article mentions weapons type and the code isn't limited to D2, nor is there anything preventing them from adding weapos in D2 other than community back lash.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaand that's another game to skip. No battlefront 2, and I'll be pirating shadow of war. Money grabs can go fuck themselves.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm fine with it... Why? Because that's how the market work.

You want to have better items? Buy them.

You don't want to play that game only because it relies on your pocket instead of your skill? Don't buy it.
    lmoa most retarded thing i ever heard..

my csgo inventory is worth like 3k just in skins .. lot of gambling and trading but its only skins

i would never play a game that is p2win just cause its the most retarded system ever , paying to win cause you are shit at a game? lol yeah maybe thats the casual mentality oh no i work X hours a day i am to bad in a game i need to pay to be better...

but yeah guess poeple find shit like this normal now a days.. i dont mind spending money on skins.. but stuff that is game changing? no thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's hurts how pants-on-head stupid this is. Nostalgia sure is blinding to some people.
    Seriously.

Games in '99 didn't typically GET expansions. They got sequels. Outside of early MMOs, at least. Look at, say, Baldur's Gate. It got a sequel, no expansions. They either got a full additional sequel, or you got no new content whatsoever. Worse, this was before patches became a regular expectation, and a lot of games shipped with game-breaking issues that never got fixed.

The smaller DLCs in the 2010 era listed there should be additions TO that base package; the idea that you're magically entitled to that content for the base game price is just flat-out wrongheaded.

And the last one is the worst; the loot box phenomenon is better described as stickers you can slap on to bedazzle the complete picture that was the game you bought. If you prefer the game without the stickers/bedazzling, nothing makes you buy them.

I think I'm the only one that isn't "outraged" by this. Seems largely like an extension of all the shared social spaces being added to multiplayer games that exist purely for players to show off their phat lewt/cash shop cosmetics to others. Can't muster up much caring, unless I'm totally missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzytroll View Post
    Patented isn't the same as implemented, I suspect at the moment the 'issue' is tweaking it to avoid the apocryphal frog boiling once that's sorted it'll get jammed into everything that can take it
    In order to implement this, you would need to first implement:

1) the ability to actually buy items (or at least Bright Dust) on the cash shop, rather than just loot boxes.

- This would be fine, in fact I imagine most players would be happy being able to buy Bright Dust directly. Might get a little messy with Fireteam Medallions allowing you to directly buy additional chances at dropped loot.

2) power items available for purchase on the cash shop.

- This would provoke a HUGE outcry from the community. Either these would be the best gear available (P2W, no redeeming qualities), at parity with dropped gear at maximum power level (essentially P2W, you would be able to compete only if you play 24/7 or spend real money, like a lot of freemiums), or at parity with dropped gear at Luminous Engram power levels (scaled to be a bit better than your current gear, not strictly P2W, more of a shortcut to faster gearing. Still despicable in a paid for game. Not even particularly great for revenue - what is the incentive to pay for something that is freely available with minimal time investment?).

3) consistent availability of items on the cash shop.

- Would be counter-productive to revenue for cosmetics. Currently, if you want a specific cosmetic, you need to buy loot boxes, hoping it drops. If it doesn't, you eventually earn enough Bright Dust to buy it when it comes around on the rotation. If it is always available, and Bright Dust is directly available for purchase, you buy just enough Silver to get just enough Bright Dust to get the cosmetics you want, and then spend no more money.

I could see this being implemented for Destiny 3, but more likely, it will show up in the next Call of Duty, where you can already buy power and nobody really cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think I'm the only one that isn't "outraged" by this. Seems largely like an extension of all the shared social spaces being added to multiplayer games that exist purely for players to show off their phat lewt/cash shop cosmetics to others. Can't muster up much caring, unless I'm totally missing something.
    You aren't the only one.

Personally, I'm not outraged by this because it isn't actually a thing that happens in the game. But whatever, troll OP gonna troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfair matchmaking deliberately put in a game. Sounds like overwatch to me
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I play D2 already and i'm well aware of that, but the article mentions weapons type and the code isn't limited to D2, nor is there anything preventing them from adding weapos in D2 other than community back lash.
    I very, VERY much doubt you will see this in D2.

Probably in the next CoD. Maybe (unlikely) in Destiny 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Unfair matchmaking deliberately put in a game. Sounds like overwatch to me
    Read the damn article.

It isn't in the game.

Best thing is to not support games that use microtransactions (at least AAA games).
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    lmoa most retarded thing i ever heard..
    lmao, that's a retarded way to read the post

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy
    You don't want to play that game only because it relies on your pocket
    How Skins are helping you in the game then? lel

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy
    You don't want to play that game only because it relies on your pocket instead of your skill? Don't buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i would never play a game that is p2win just cause its the most retarded system ever , paying to win cause you are shit at a game? lol yeah maybe thats the casual mentality oh no i work X hours a day i am to bad in a game i need to pay to be better...

but yeah guess poeple find shit like this normal now a days.. i dont mind spending money on skins.. but stuff that is game changing? no thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Activi$ion lawl