Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also, could Anduin be considered a pedo?
    Off...topic...? But it's a shame they dropped the ball with WoD, because alternate versions of known characters could have made stuff like KotFZ "canon" and brought us known raid bosses without, y'know, killing our friends and leaders.

Obviously some decent writing would be needed in order for it not to become a mess like the Marvel/DC multiverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Off...topic...? But it's a shame they dropped the ball with WoD, because alternate versions of known characters could have made stuff like KotFZ "canon" and brought us known raid bosses without, y'know, killing our friends and leaders.

Obviously some decent writing would be needed in order for it not to become a mess like the Marvel/DC multiverse.
    Marvel and DC isn't a mess. They've been doing it for awhile, some earths have their own storyline

like Batman Earth one. Obviously it may get super complex at that point if Blizzard really wanted to do that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrinKer View Post
    I still can’t seem to understand why, at lvl 112, our characters are in dragon shrine again for the death of hormone scenario which sec has said we will understand in the future.

C’early We will have to deal with dragons again in the next expansion and it doesn’t fit any sort of naval/light/vois thème. There’s something we’re missing here.

And am I the only one thinking that void/light stuff is way too early ? I remember back in nop when we have the legendary quest showing the legion invasion everybody thinking we would get a legion themed expansion next when in actuality we got wod.

Long story short somehow I feel like next expansion is going to come out eayyyyyyyy our of left field
    The Legion did invade in WoD, it was just on the wrong planet (and depending on how you look at it, the wrong time).

But I get what you're saying, the Shaohao shorts and the Wrathion quest teased an invasion of Azeroth. As I recall, though, Wrathion or somebody else in-game suggested it would be another year or so before the invasion.

I think the ocean theme could lead into the void just as the Iron Horde lead us to the Burning Legion. The question is, as you suggest, how dragons fit into this. This section on the Dragon Isles is pretty interesting: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles

What if the next expansion is focused on the great sea, with the Dragon Isles as the main area and Kul Tiras and Zandalar located nearby? Seems like a perfect way to connect the sea, the naga, the Old Gods, and the dragons. I'd love a jungle adventure on Zandalar, a big city and cultivated countryside drama on Kul Tiras, followed by a journey to the mysterious Dragon Isles.

Last edited by mmoc53ad741e61; 2017-10-18 at 04:32 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, [during thier class hall campaign] shamans discover a void-infused dragonflight in Deepholm that is in cahoots with Twilight cultists. Perhaps this is why the other dragonflights get involved with the plot once more.

Wouldnt be the first time Blizzard has taken an obscure threat and pushed it, kicking and screaming, into the limelight.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-10-18 at 04:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

We could still in theory use characters from other timelines, tho if they had plans on doing that I guess the WoD draenor characters would become a part of the army of light at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Well, shamans discover a void-infused dragonflight in Deepholm that is in cahoots with Twilight cultists. Perhaps this is why the Other dragonflights get involved with the plot once more.

Wouldnt be the first time Blizzard has taken an obscure threat and pushed it kicking and screaming into the limelight.
    Aren't they just Twilight dragons created by Deathwing that survived?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    We could still in theory use characters from other timelines, tho if they had plans on doing that I guess the WoD draenor characters would become a part of the army of light at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't they just Twilight dragons created by Deathwing that survived?
    Well, bear in mind that im trying to remember this from back in the legion alpha when i levelled a Shaman, but i got the impression that this was some new threat. Or at least an unexpected threat. Wasnt Ultraxion (the void dragon from Dragonsoul) supposed to be the only one of his kind? Deathwing made him out to be some ultimate creation or something.

Anyways, even if they are just more of Ultraxions lesser brothers and sisters, they are still a pose a viable reason to involve the existing dragonflights which was why i brought it up.

Dragons vs Dragons and all that.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-10-18 at 04:38 PM.

Lorewise, sure. Realistically, Blizzard isn't going to get anywhere near anything with the word timeline in at least two decades.

And honestly, unless Golden brings a brand new... golden... age of storytelling, I'm glad, they didn't understand why alternate timelines are used in stories and how one should write them, so they better stay away from them.

That tweet about the Burning Legion, goddamn it, I still have nightmares about it. They really, really didn't understand the concept if they thought that would fly.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-10-18 at 04:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, bear in mind that im trying to remember this from back in the legion alpha when i levelled a Shaman, but i got the impression that this was some new threat. Wasnt Ultraxion (the void dragon from Dragonsoul) supposed to be the only one of his kind? Deathwing made him out to be some ultimate creation or something.
    You're in luck, because I just so happen to be a self proclaimed expert in Dragon lore (and WoW lore mostly). Twilight's were created from Nether dragons and other draconic artifacts. Ultraxion is one of the stronger Twilight dragons. Void dragons aren't a thing in the Warcraft universe (as far as I know).

Also, I'll post my idea for a dragon minipatch here again: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rom-a-Lore-PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    but morally I'm still the Leader of all the shamans... once you go Leader you never come back! :P
    I got you, it's just that I don't consider my character as the leader despite of what the quests say, for rp reasons haha! I just hope we lose the title next expac somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    SNIP.
    Your concept made me want to marry you. That's HOW MUCH I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    If I'm responsible for getting a Taylor Swift reference in the game I might just explode of happiness.
    That would be the consecration of a lifetime for sure! If Sailor Twift happens, I will lose my sh*t.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're in luck, because I just so happen to be a self proclaimed expert in Dragon lore (and WoW lore mostly). Twilight's were created from Nether dragons and other draconic artifacts. Ultraxion is one of the stronger Twilight dragons. Void dragons aren't a thing in the Warcraft universe (as far as I know).

Also, I'll post my idea for a dragon minipatch here again: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rom-a-Lore-PoV
    Right but thats what i was getting at, this blood elf npc was specifically talking about being empowered by the void and such, then you find out shes a dragon. Im sure im forgetting a lot of the details.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise, sure. Realistically, Blizzard isn't going to get anywhere near anything with the word timeline in at least two decades.

And honestly, unless Golden brings a brand new... golden... age of storytelling, I'm glad, they didn't understand why alternate timelines are used in stories and how one should write them, so they better stay away from them.

That tweet about the Burning Legion, goddamn it, I still have nightmares about it. They really, really didn't understand the concept if they thought that would fly.
    But still they're messing around with Timelines in Legion with Chromie.

As for Golden, I don't think she will have that much say in 8.0 unless she started working with Blizzard on it as a freelancer much earlier. Maybe in 8.x story patches. But I'm glad that she is now full time at Blizzard since she is a much better writer than Metzen. That dude couldn't write balanced characters at all, same with Knaak. While Golden is really good at character development and story in general. I just hope we finally get Golden's Jaina in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Mysteries of the Dragon Isles

I dids the thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The quest to let the Dragonz bave babiez again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

I dids the thing.
    Yes please!!!
    Blizz please hire me as a story writer for this, I'm good at worldbuilding.

- - - Updated - - -

The quest to let the Dragonz bave babiez again.
    The pillars were initially used to empower them, and now we have the pillars again. So they could be used to create new Aspects and give the flights the power to reproduce again.

Also, I think it was only the dragons that are part of the 5 flights which are unable to reproduce, tho not sure off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Your concept made me want to marry you. That's HOW MUCH I loved it.
    Thanks!
    I really feel that northern EK has enough themes, missing lands and dangling plot threads to deserve its own expansion.

(And, luckily for both of us, I'm already married, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Thanks!
    I really feel that northern EK has enough themes, missing lands and dangling plot threads to deserve its own expansion.

(And, luckily for both of us, I'm already married, lol.)
    I completely agree. Everything revolving around Lordaeron/Gilneas/Fallen Kingdoms has me in!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chromie takes over as the Bronze aspect after Noz decides to retire to Florida.
    Stellagosa takes over as Blue aspect because Kalec is useless and Grandpappy is too old and cant control his magic.
    Wrathion returns to lead the Black dragonflight because Blizzard.
    Alex still leads the Reds because sexy.

Not sure who would take over for Ysera to lead the greens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since nobody posted the new Chinese "leak/riddle" here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post47629533

- - - Updated - - -

Chromie takes over as the Bronze aspect after Noz decides to retire to Florida.
    Stellagosa takes over as Blue aspect because Kalec is useless and Grandpappy is too old and cant control his magic.
    Wrathion returns to lead the Black dragonflight because Blizzard.
    Alex still leads the Reds because sexy.

Not sure who would take over for Ysera to lead the greens.
    Ysera has a daughter, so easy choice. Or Alex takes both red and green since Ysera was her sister.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

I dids the thing.
    The Mysterious Mysteries of the Dragon-y Dragon Isles.

But still they're messing around with Timelines in Legion with Chromie.

As for Golden, I don't think she will have that much say in 8.0 unless she started working with Blizzard on it as a freelancer much earlier. Maybe in 8.x story patches. But I'm glad that she is now full time at Blizzard since she is a much better writer than Metzen. That dude couldn't write balanced characters at all, same with Knaak. While Golden is really good at character development and story in general. I just hope we finally get Golden's Jaina in the game.
    Well, messing with one timeline, they might just be able to manage. It's just Back to the Future rules.

And the Bronze and Infinite Dragonflights have paradox immunity.

Alternate realities and alternate timelines are precisely done to avoid paradoxes, create duplicates and branch the storyline in interesting ways. The only reason they did WoD was so that they could bring back the Warlords as bosses without breaking the existing timeline. A cheap premise, but it's not too bad, and it could lead somewhere eventually.

But then they brought in the Legion and realized an infinite number of them would make all our previous victories meaningless. Without a second thought, they said that they were "just there for all timelines at once", which not only didn't make sense, but suddenly made them very weak. Infinite Pantheons, infinite Azeroth's and infinite Armies of Light against a single Burning Legion? That's just not a good story.

The backlash was strong enough that they just brought back Gul'dan (who just so happens not to be demon enough to be interdimensional) and forgot about the rest, hoping we would do so too.

Maybe Golden will want to tackle this in a different way and retcon some of the dumber elements, but they all know it'll take a lot for players to dissociate "alternate timelines" from "WoD was shit".