Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No new classes, please. I'm just 10/12 on getting the CURRENT classes to level cap and by the look of things, won't even bother to max out all the order halls during this ExPack.

Also, dunno what a new class could actually bring to the table. Necromancer is just a mashup of lock and dk stuff. Any possibly "new" stuff they could add to the existing demonology/unholy -specs.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    No new classes, please. I'm just 10/12 on getting the CURRENT classes to level cap and by the look of things, won't even bother to max out all the order halls during this ExPack.

Also, dunno what a new class could actually bring to the table. Necromancer is just a mashup of lock and dk stuff. Any possibly "new" stuff they could add to the existing demonology/unholy -specs.
    Like DH are mashups of Rogues and Warlocks, right?
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Just like Beastmaster.
    And necromancer.

Like DH are mashups of Rogues and Warlocks, right?
    I wasn't thrilled about them added to the game either.

** At least they had been "around". Necromancers in Warcraft? I can think of a few mentions/characters that might fit, but that's it.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

"Necromancy (/ˈnɛkrəˌmænsi, -roʊ-/[1][2]) is a supposed practice of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge, to bring someone back from the dead, or to use the deceased as a weapon, as the term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.[3][4]" Source: Wikipedia

Unholy DK's say "hi" - we already have "necromancers" in the game they just happen to wear plate instead of robes (however, see : DK starter set. :P) The End.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    I wasn't thrilled about them added to the game either.

** At least they had been "around". Necromancers in Warcraft? I can think of a few mentions/characters that might fit, but that's it.
    Necromancers have been around since Vanilla separately from DKs.
    There are more mentions of Necromancers than Warlocks.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play a necromancer healer spec for sure

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    "Necromancy (/ˈnɛkrəˌmænsi, -roʊ-/[1][2]) is a supposed practice of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge, to bring someone back from the dead, or to use the deceased as a weapon, as the term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.[3][4]" Source: Wikipedia

Unholy DK's say "hi" - we already have "necromancers" in the game they just happen to wear plate instead of robes (however, see : DK starter set. :P) The End.
    Classes aren't abstract concepts. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You mean Warlocks?
    Or Shadow Priests?
    Nope, I mean necromancers.

Most of them are though. A paladin can be a vindicator, a knight of the silver hand, a blood knight, or a sunwalker. A priest can be a loa priest, a soulpriest, a priestess of elune, etc. A hunter can be a ranger, beastmaster, tinker, etc.

Yes, Blizzard jumped all over the homogenization train for Legion, but hopefully the class orders will disband next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Makes no sense, im sorry.

If you played a UH DK before, you know its a ranged class. The only thing you are not ranged with is 1 ability. Your DoTs, pets, grips, CC and what not is all ranged(even your "combo builder" is ranged). The thing is you are in close melee combat and not stacking up with mages, true.

Yes, it's not like you interact with D&D by standing in it, or have an extraordinarily valuable spell (FS) set at melee range or anything. Jesus, has Clawing Shadows convinced people of this nonsense?

Doesn't see a Scourge/Undead themed expansion coming anytime soon, and would make no sense to add it in any other expansion. But when it does, I would totally love to see Necromancer being added as a class. I'm sure they can make it unique enough compared to Warlock and Death Knight, however those classes look at that time.

please enlighten us on the differences between the concept of necromancy and unholy dk's - I'm truly interested. Or rather, how you define a necromancer in an RPG, because I'm guessing that is the issue here...
    Last edited by azurrei; 2017-10-18 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    would much rather see tinkers, that place turrets and use bombs and small turrets than necro at this point in the game
    Me too Rise of the Gnomes!!!! Tinkers are a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Makes no sense, im sorry.
    Holy Paladin make sense despite Priests covering the entire theme of holy healing. Warlocks had Metamorphosis and Rogues could wield Warglaives of Azzinoth, but it still made sense to add Demon Hunters.

Unholy DK can also have its mechanics and abilities changed to have a Necro fit. It's not like it's never happened before; Unholy DK was a a completely different beast in Wrath compared to what it looks like today. A Necro can also have more focus on other types of undead that the DK doesn't already cover, similar to how Paladins focus on different elements of Holy magic that a Priest doesn't use (Angels vs generic Spirit Healer).

Necromancers do not need to be undead themselves either, which already differentiates themselves greatly from DK's who originate as champions of the scourge. We'd get a different perspective from playing a character that controls undead from the outside rather than controlling them through innate powers granted by the Lich King. A Necromancer isn't a commander of an army the way a Death Knight is. They're puppetmasters who overwhelm opponents and fight with attrition, similar to Warlocks but with a lot more subtlety.

Saying things like 'it doesn't make sense' only shows that it doesn't make sense for you. The Necromancer archetype has existed in Warcraft since the first game, and has worked in tandem with Death Knights in the exact same way Priests and Paladins existed in the RTS and in WoW; and now the Warlock and Demon Hunter. There's literally no difference in how these classes overlap in themes and mechanics.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-10-18 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read all those comments its like a dejavu all again. Many people claimed there would never be a demon hunter class cuz we had rogue and warlocks in game and locks already had the most iconic ability of the demon hunter metamorph. Now we move in time and see that we have demon hunters in game.
    Where are all them guys talking shit about demon hunter?
    Where will you be when necromencer comes? (atleast few mentioned that dks can get a ranged spec which would also work)
    A very cool signature text.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    I read all those comments its like a dejavu all again. Many people claimed there would never be a demon hunter class cuz we had rogue and warlocks in game and locks already had the most iconic ability of the demon hunter metamorph. Now we move in time and see that we have demon hunters in game.
    Where are all them guys talking shit about demon hunter?
    Where will you be when necromencer comes? (atleast few mentioned that dks can get a ranged spec which would also work)
    A lot of those same people will still be saying "told ya, there was was no real reason to introduce DH, all they did was take crap from other classes, and bloat the melee class balance even more"

i wouldnt take it that far but i certainly feel that Demo lock has lost a HUGE part of its identity, and i personally do not enjoy the new version (opinion), and i feel that adding DH has been negative in some ways.

Many people love them, but did they really bring anything new to the game? Also, on a side note, how have they NOT added those little spinning eyes of doom to a warlock spec yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Probably listening to DKs cry about all the abilities necromancers pillaged from them.

As much as I would like necromancers you could maybe do them as a DK spec like the heroes of the storm version where it is more melee based large scythe user but between demo warlocks and DK there just is not enough of a niche left there for a full class that would not stomp on toes. After seeing how much got grabbed from demo warlocks with demon hunters I really don't think they want to get that treatment a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    We're more likely to get 4th specs before we see a Necromancer class in game. It saddens me as this is one of my favorite archetypes.
    I don't know why people are saying this forth spec thing. The only likely 4th specs are Fistwearer and Gladiator warrior, because blizz said they like them and only removed them because of artifacts.

I think a void class is more likely than necromancer though. Alleria seems unique and they are playing up ethereals. More places to go besides the shadow Preist void.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2017-10-18 at 08:38 PM.