Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I believe there are people championing the new Black Panther movie for being diverse for having a 90% black cast. How something can count as diverse with 90% of the same group is beyond me.
    A film about Wakkanda, a fictional land in Africa occupied by Africans that shun the outside world being primarily black angers idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Nope, there are definitely bad students. Exhibit A above. You're pretty much 0 for however many points people have made so far. And still counting. Also, the Karate Kid is not a good bar for how things actually work.
    I can't tell if my points are good or not, honestly, I'm not dealing with a rational human being that understands logic. I'm dealing with someone who is dillusional and idealistic enough to suggest that all people of a certain race think alike, but only if they're White males. If your only point in your statement was that African-Americans aren't White people then fan-freaking-tastic, glad we notice the colors are different. However to suggest any more of a conceivable thought could be squeezed out of your single sentence then we're at square one with it being complete and utter bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A film about Wakkanda, a fictional land in Africa occupied by Africans that shun the outside world being primarily black angers idiots
    Yep, and you know what else was diverse that received no backlash from SJW's? The Last Of The Mohicans, a movie about Native American's that was cast with primarily Hispanics, no issue there. Also, Adam Sandler's big poke at Native American's in his most recent movie, that mostly went under the radar too. I guess we get to pick and choose our political correctness based on what is popular in the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does color, gender or sexuality impact (or how much of an impact) the way you build apps and technology?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    How does color, gender or sexuality impact (or how much of an impact) the way you build apps and technology?
    Implying that this is all that matters. How silly. This isn't how the world works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Implying that this is all that matters. How silly. This isn't how the world works.
    Don't quote me, Troll.

It doesn't, like at all. My office where we build applications is primarily made up of Indian, Arabic, and White people, know why? Because that is who went to school for computer engineering. It has nothing to do with skin color, it all has to do with who can do the f'ing job, lol. There is no person here that makes sure we meet a certain quota of every race, the only thing more racist than that job title is being actually racist.

There is definitely a better way to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Her comment makes no sense. For instance people of different races experience things differently hence having them on the ram brings new ideas. Just how women experience things different and why bribing women in introduces new ideas.

Don’t kid me by saying a team of all white all straight all blond and blues eyed people will have as diverse of ideas as a team of people of different races sexed and sexuality.
    I don't experience things differently because of race.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I think that is exactly how the world works... who cares about your labels, just get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Her comment makes no sense.
    Your comment makes no sense. 12 different people, why does race have to play a part?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Your comment makes no sense. 12 different people, why does race have to play a part?
    TBF it's a typical obtuse comment. Everybody knows in this context diversity means gender, race, sexuality and disability

10+ Year Old Account
    TBF it's a typical obtuse comment. Everybody knows in this context diversity means gender, race, sexuality and disability
    It only means that due to its gradual change over the years. Diversity used to entail intellectually different perspectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Disturbing. She simply exposed a fact and received a backlash from it. Diversity is not physical, it's psychological.

People try to ties both together, but the reality is that assuming someone has a specific experience based on his physical identity is textbook racism, sexism and to some extent xenophobism.
    This is a classic tactic however. Speak the truth and you are punished for it or called what you repudiated.

Deleted
    It only means that due to its gradual change over the years. Diversity used to entail intellectually different perspectives.
    Did it though? It has definitely meant gender, race, sexuality and disability for the past two decades

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it though? It has definitely meant gender, race, sexuality and disability for the past two decades
    Hence my "gradual change over the years"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    This is a classic tactic however. Speak the truth and you are punished for it or called what you repudiated.
    She was being obtuse and pedantic and got called out on it

10+ Year Old Account
    She was being obtuse and pedantic and got called out on it
    I think anyone bitching about her statements is the one being obtuse and pedantic as you call it.

Deleted
    Hence my "gradual change over the years"
    So it doesn't really change what I said, she knew very well what diverse meant and was trying to be snarky

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I think anyone bitching about her statements is the one being obtuse and pedantic as you call it.
    I don't give two shits about diverse quotas either way but I have little sympathy for somebody being childish

10+ Year Old Account
    So it doesn't really change what I said, she knew very well what diverse meant and was trying to be snarky
    In a world where the words' meanings are frequently changing or being appropriated, I'd say she can use it in whatever context she wants. If diversity includes its intellectual iteration, then so be it.

Deleted
    In a world where the words' meanings are frequently changing or being appropriated, I'd say she can use it in whatever context she wants. If diversity includes its intellectual iteration, then so be it.
    She can but then she shouldn't be surprised when she's ignoring the context