Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There were Nightborne spies to contend with, but they weren't the ones playing pranks on the other faction's Elves or leaving profane graffiti around. Leaders on both sides lamented the antics some of their own were getting up to.
    was the spies who tried to cause discomfort among the troops

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Well it's to be excepted, they are on the Horde side, some of that primitive stupidity is bound to rub off on them. Blood Elves insults are a joke, since they too are descendent from Trolls.
    Morons!
    Yes but they're claim is that the night elves are closer to trolls so they're still well trolls.

It's like how racist fucks in Europe and America basically link black people with apes/monkeys. Southern Europe had a major problem with this when a black player had the ball and monkey chants would echo around the stadium, or the player had bananas thrown at them. (Russia who is hosting the world cup not only still has this problem many with power nudge and wink to incite it.). Basically calling them less evolved.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    was the spies who tried to cause discomfort among the troops
    No it wasn’t. Stop spreading falsehoods.

Could you just for once not be a broken record?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Well the Blood Elves already know they're related as well, insults don't need to follow logic, they just picking osmething they knew would get a rise. In other words, they were trolling them. Get it?

I'll leave now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    No it wasn’t. Stop spreading falsehoods.

Could you just for once not be a broken record?
    Description
    Something is troubling me, champion.

Beyond these simple japes, the Kirin Tor has had to break up a few fights between the elves. I am worried something - or someone - might be influencing them.

Your disguise was made by the nightborne, yes? It is not unreasonable to assume they can do something similar.

Fortunately, Thalyssra has told me much about how the illusion works, and I believe this crystal can remove their disguise.

Why don't you check the camps, just to be safe?

Completion
    It is as I feared. Hopefully they will think twice before sending more spies.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44928/s...ot-quite-right

was the nightborne spies

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Pretty much this. The Blood Elves don't really see themselves as any sort of relation to Night Elves or Trolls, even though they are.
    They know of their relation to both, but unlike night elves they don't have a religion that pretty much denies their ancestry and depicts themselves as the direct creations of elune.

It was probably just nightborne trying to stoke the fire, but if it was the blood elves, i think it might be a religion thing. The blood elves are the athiests saying how they evolved, while the night elves are the thiests who believe they were created by elune. Thus the blood elves are making fun of their views and saying that they are not the perfect well of eternity born gods that they think they are.

The real question here is do the night, blood, or nightborne elves know that they came from trolls or is it just a joke? Have elves ever displayed knowledge of their troll ancestors? Obviously we know it from the Chronicles, but do the elves know its not just a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by SammyCat203 View Post
    It was probably just nightborne trying to stoke the fire, but if it was the blood elves, i think it might be a religion thing. The blood elves are the athiests saying how they evolved, while the night elves are the thiests who believe they were created by elune. Thus the blood elves are making fun of their views and saying that they are not the perfect well of eternity born gods that they think they are.

The real question here is do the night, blood, or nightborne elves know that they came from trolls or is it just a joke? Have elves ever displayed knowledge of their troll ancestors? Obviously we know it from the Chronicles, but do the elves know its not just a joke?
    Brann Bronzebeard found it out, the night elves don't believe it though. It was never explicitly stated how the general blood elf feels about it, but considering this joke they seem to acknowledge their ancestry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Description

Beyond these simple japes, the Kirin Tor has had to break up a few fights between the elves. I am worried something - or someone - might be influencing them.

Your disguise was made by the nightborne, yes? It is not unreasonable to assume they can do something similar.

Fortunately, Thalyssra has told me much about how the illusion works, and I believe this crystal can remove their disguise.

Completion

was the nightborne spies
    "Beyond these simple japes..."

The implication being that the Nightborne saboteurs were actually playing on the existing conflict between the Night and Blood Elven contingents, actively working to escalate the bad tempers into outright infighting. But the pranks, jokes, and insults were completely their own work.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    "Beyond these simple japes..."

The implication being that the Nightborne saboteurs were actually playing on the existing conflict between the Night and Blood Elven contingents, actively working to escalate the bad tempers into outright infighting. But the pranks, jokes, and insults were completely their own work.
    from my point of view it was all the work of the nightborne spies.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically head-canon, stop trying to claim it was all the work of the nightborne. Is it impossible for you to tell what happened from what you wanted to happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SammyCat203 View Post

It is a religious thing Night elf wise, they think they are made in the image of ELune.

- - - Updated - - -

Description

Completion

was the nightborne spies

READING IS HARD.

It is almost infuriating to have to debate things that should be, and are obvious to the majority of people.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Pretty much this. The Blood Elves don't really see themselves as any sort of relation to Night Elves or Trolls, even though they are.
    its a cultural insult not a genetic one.

e.g. nelfs live in the forest. belfs live in citys.

like in the real world if i called someone a chimp. although im related to chimps i dont bum around the forest naked and play with feces

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil.

The blood elves accept it
    Can you provide a source for this?

Anyway, I think it's kind of ironic when they were subservient to a Troll for an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Why use this kind of insult then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post

Anyway, I think it's kind of ironic when they were subservient to a Troll for an expansion.
    The fact that they don't REEE uncontrollably like the night elves do when the insult is used on the both of them by the very nature of the insult?

Also being lead by a troll =/= flipping shit when someone tells you aren't actually made in the image of a moon goddess.
    Holy shit lol

As said a billion times in this thread, an insult is only an insult if you let it get to you, the blood elves are calling themselves troll related by in turn insulting the night elves, they have no issue with that.

I did a little research and the one that was behind the trolling stuff were the nightborne which wanted to destabilise both nelves and belves.

If belves would be behind it, then indeed it would show that they either have a knowledge of nelf ancestry, or they just went with speculation. And we don't really know for sure their attitude toward their ancestry. You would hold your ground if it wouldn't be Nightbourne's job.

But that is kinda arising question - does Nightelves really believe or know that they came from trolls (which would be about admitting that they were not elune's children) . Or they just wanted to show how nelves of today has more in common with trolls than nightborne?

And Bran screeches anything he learns to everyone in earshot, I'm surprised he hasn't been killed by night elves yet because he sure as hell would have tried to tell them.
    I read that Brann told Nelves about it, but Nelves refused to believe it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I did a little research and the one that was behind the trolling stuff were the nightborne which wanted to destabilise both nelves and belves.

If belves would be behind it, then indeed it would show that they either have a knowledge of nelf ancestry, or they just went with speculation. And we don't really know for sure their attitude toward their ancestry. You would hold your ground if it wouldn't be Nightbourne's job.

But that is kinda arising question - does Nightelves really believe or know that they came from trolls (which would be about admitting that they were not elune's children) . Or they just wanted to show how nelves of today has more in common with trolls than nightborne?

I read that Brann told Nelves about it, but Nelves refused to believe it.
    No, do not listen to Rhlor. The insults were the night elves and the blood elves. The Nightborne spies were doing something "beyond the simple japes"
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys not getting this?

It's like the racist derogatory remark about how Africans and aboriginals look like primates. even though we all have the same ancestor at some point, it's a racist insult to imply one race is further along than the others.

No, do not listen to Rhlor. The insults were the night elves and the blood elves. The Nightborne spies were doing something "beyond the simple japes"
    Stop trolling already, it's getting annoying to read again and again How you refuse to believe, or Even accept Peoples views.
    The nightborne was the course for the trouble. It's made crystal clear for any one Who bothered to read the quest. Stop telling everywere they are lying just because they don't agree with you