Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So last boss IS basically Sargeras

He's going to make some appearance in the Argus Boss Fight and participate; and I'm sure that's all we'll be seeing of the most infamous villain of WoW.

I doubt we will be seeing Sargeras in WoW after that;There is no Sargeras without legion unless Legion makes a return, which I think developer will wanna avoid for a while.

If this becomes the case,

what a shitty waste and failed potential for Sargeras. Deathwing 2.0

We already know what happens with Sargeras

Deleted
    There's going to be a big cinematic hopefully.

We as players, even with our superpowered artifacts, are less than fleas to Sargeras. If they want to remain faithful to the lore, there's no way we can fight him and expect to win.

Have you watched The Two Towers? In the beginning there is a scene which expands on Gandalf fight with Balrog. There we see Grey Wizard taking nose dive with sword towards Balrog, and camera zoom on his determinant face.

Sargeras is Gandalf, the falling Balrog is raid team. Thats how i imagine Sargeras coming to Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    We already know what happens with Sargeras
    Yes thats exactly my point. This is all we're getting of Sargeras in WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Have you watched The Two Towers? In the beginning there is a scene which expands on Gandalf fight with Balrog. There we see Grey Wizard taking nose dive with sword towards Balrog, and camera zoom on his determinant face.

Sargeras is Gandalf, the falling Balrog is raid team. Thats how i imagine Sargeras coming to Argus.
    I think Smeagel resembles Sargeras more in this comparison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

Don't you mean the other way around? Gandalf is the raid team, balrog is sargeras?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Don't you mean the other way around? Gandalf is the raid team, balrog is sargeras?
    Nope. I just imagine Sargeras flying through space and time in a similar fashion Gandalf close distance to Balrog.

And hey, Sargie already has sword.

It feels like people vastly underestimate the player + the Titan avatars.

If Sargeras was as strong as everyone claims he is, then why does this expansion exist, at all?

I imagine we're at the power level of Aegwynn now, possibly more, with our artifacts and all the upgrades it's gotten through the expansion. That's why we are able to fight Argus, and will probably trap Sargeras (he is way stronger)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..in which case I get even less how he does not just crush us....

He is crushing and killing worlds left and right (why?) but ..because plot device...he cannot crush Azeroth that for some reason he has a hard-on for

Oh the simple times of an elemental Lord or a Lich King wanting to just rule the world
    Pretty sure (probably wrong) Azeroth is a dormant Titan and he wants to corrupt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It feels like people vastly underestimate the player + the Titan avatars.

If Sargeras was as strong as everyone claims he is, then why does this expansion exist, at all?
    Cause we're trying to stop Sargeras' Legion?

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Pretty sure (probably wrong) Azeroth is a dormant Titan and he wants to corrupt it.
    He wants to kill her by destroying the world.

He fears the Void Lords will take control of her, and he knows she's more powerful than him.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Cause we're trying to stop Sargeras' Legion?

-_-
    He means there's nothing to really stop Sargeras from just fucking us up, without any legion.

This has been my issue since the Burning Throne data mining started. After all these years, more than a decade, all I will get is a short cinematic. I was so gutted sifting through the content. I've been playing a Warlock since WoWs release because I loved the legions representation and it only got better and more ominous with time. I knew there would be some sort of finality this expansion as to avoid another 37 expansions that are all legion themed but I genuinely did not think it would end in such a lack-luster way. I thought at worst we would get a "I would have corrupted it too, if it wasn't for those meddling raid teams!" And to top it off I'm terrified we will be getting a Cataclysm 2.0 for the next expansion... the REAL looming threat. I don't know if I can suffer through another Cata. Not after how unsatisfied I'm being left over Sarg.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    He wants to kill her by destroying the world.

He fears the Void Lords will take control of her, and he knows she's more powerful than him.
    Warlock artifact Scepter of Sargeras' lore says that Sargeras is pretty much in love with Azeroth after discovering her.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katojan View Post
    We as players, even with our superpowered artifacts, are less than fleas to Sargeras. If they want to remain faithful to the lore, there's no way we can fight him and expect to win.
    I actually kind of think it would have been an interesting twist for them to do exactly this. We get to Sargeras, we fight him, we DO manage to wound him (In the same vein that Broxxigar managed to, just a bit more because raid team) but in the end, we actually lose the fight. The actual fight could just be from 100 to like 95% of his health- get him to 95% and cutscene rolls.

How that would work mechanically in the game though I have no clue. Not much of a story to continue if the heroes are dead. But maybe after we died then...actually I think this is what actually happens remembering the voice overs from Eonar...so nvm

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    He's going to make some appearance in the Argus Boss Fight and participate; and I'm sure that's all we'll be seeing of the most infamous villain of WoW.

I doubt we will be seeing Sargeras in WoW after that;There is no Sargeras without legion unless Legion makes a return, which I think developer will wanna avoid for a while.

If this becomes the case,

i find it funny you complain about something that you read, but didnt even read all the way... he will be imprisoned, not killed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...to what end though? Since he is blasting planets left and right anyhow....
    thestaff of sargeras book talks about him wanting it to belong to him like a lover. When he was pulled from Azeroth as the portal closed he saw her eye open and stare at him and he fell in love, and wants to make titan babies with azeroth.

"The Scepter of Sargeras is known for the gleaming jewel that adorns its apex. Many theorize that it represents Sargeras's baleful eye, which caught only a glimpse of Azeroth before the fallen titan was ripped back to the Twisting Nether. But the truth is far different.

Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his."
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-10-18 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Its still better then your SHIT TERRIBLE Sargeras-Kills-All-Game-Over-thingy....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katojan View Post
    unless the pantheon siphons him into argus' body.

which is, when looking at the datamined models and everything, the case.

Formerly known as Arafal