Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Keep dreaming.
    Nah. I'm realistic. I keep using the same time table for Legion: beta wa started in december and the expansion was out in august. If its not in december, will be in January.

Blizzard love to annunce "Beta Soon" at Blizzcon.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Redshore View Post
    I think blizz will surprise us and get the expansion out by june or july
    If I could be bothered, I'd insert the X-Files "I want to believe" Meme here.

They've done very well with regular cadence of updates in Legion. The fact that some of them were boring af is a different question altogether.

I hope they do make a point and release Beta soon after Blizzcon, and expac by April 2018, so that people who weren't paying attention would just finally shut up about August/September release.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    Nah. Beta will come sometime between March and May, lasting all the way to late August or September for 8.0 release, With Alpha starting between January and March.
    10 months of Antorus and Argus stuff? I think it seems very unlikely, according the pace of content release in Legion.

Edit: with 10 months (300 days), we are talking about the double time between tiers (based on the 77 days patchs) that we are seen in Legion, I know that the last tier is probably longer, but still too much time imo.
    Last edited by Hameln; 2017-10-18 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    Nah. Beta will come sometime between March and May, lasting all the way to late August or September for 8.0 release, With Alpha starting between January and March.
    I mean sure it's useful in life to set your expectations as low as possible, but suggesting that an 8.0 release won't happen until Q3 seems to be a tad out of touch with reality. An April release seems extremely likely based on their recently established consistency in release scheduling. We should expect 8.0 pre-patch in January, and retail release in April.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Except for the fact that Ion already confirmed a 10 month window. They failed AGAIN.

What they are trying to do to save face is mini patches in-between. So they can claim there "was no content drought". We will get little shit patches inbetween like Sithilus that have about an hours worth of content.

There is a drought coming. Prepare to be on Argus for 10-12 months.
    Where/when did him confirmed that? Really hope his words sound more subjective than "10 months window drought".

Imo the way they did the updates so far was good enough, I mean, non-raid content patch / raid content patch.

They tried as well to gate the content some times, and in the Suramar's quests (like the weekly progress) work pretty well, imo.

but is it beta or alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Except for the fact that Ion already confirmed a 10 month window. They failed AGAIN.

What they are trying to do to save face is mini patches in-between. So they can claim there "was no content drought". We will get little shit patches inbetween like Sithilus that have about an hours worth of content.

There is a drought coming. Prepare to be on Argus for 10-12 months.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    Buddy i normally understand what you try to say.... but you are REALLY reading too much on this one

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyypu

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    Reverted back
    the internet never forgets!

Quote Originally Posted by Redshore View Post
    I think blizz will surprise us and get the expansion out by june or july
    That's been said for Legion as well and it didn't happen (and the Legion schedule started 3 months earlier and they still released it 30th August).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's been said for Legion as well and it didn't happen (and the Legion schedule started 3 months earlier and they still released it 30th August).
    It's been said for every expansion since Cata.

The cycle continues.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Why they would go straight to beta? They had very good pattern in Legion: in alpha they slowly introduced new stuff with more closed audience, in beta they send waves and started test stability in feature complete expansion.

Also, even in alpha would be November, we won't see much beyond some starting areas and few changed specs this year. It doesn't collide with progression at all. Hell, they even did some raid testing on PTR this expac during progression.
    Unless blizzard changes their past history, an alpha/beta patch has never dropped within a few months of the final tier (However this might change because it seems like they are planning more in advance and also executing patches much faster than before).

SOO on live servers 10/09/2013 -> WoD Alpha 03/04/2013.
    HFC on live servers 23/06/2015-> Legion Alpha 23/11/2015.

If they stick to their legion content schedule, then obviously we should see an alpha/beta somewhere early December, then again in the past alphas they mainly targeted big streamers, or those that killed the mythic end boss before the alpha went up.

I doubt we'll see an alpha or beta drop before Antorus is out a few weeks though, and they'll probably still call it alpha, but it will be more like a beta. Blizzard is one of those few companies that doesn't seem to know when to use alpha or beta.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-10-20 at 01:09 PM.