Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    People make mistakes and she apologized. Enough said.
    What mistake did she make?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's racism to point out that a group of all one people will have similar upbringing or is it only racist because I said white people.

A group of all black men will not perform as well as a group of people of multiple races due to similar background experiences.
    Ahh the sterotyping bigotry. Simce their all black they must have similar background experiences? Care to elaborate?

That's their diversity head? Ahahaha.

P.S. Bear in mind that this is happening while they're being accused of systemic compensation disparities by the US Department of Labour.

*EDIT* Wow, unsurprisingly this thread was a real shit magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I believe there are people championing the new Black Panther movie for being diverse for having a 90% black cast. How something can count as diverse with 90% of the same group is beyond me.
    So what percentage of Hollywood blockbuster films have a cast that's "90% black"? Or even a black protagonist really.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You aren't allowed to think differently when you're in a sjw hivemind. Narrative or bust.
    Oes noes someone criticised me for things I said, WHADDABOUT MA RITES!!???
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-10-19 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

P.S. Bear in mind that this is happening while they're being accused of systemic compensation disparities by the US Department of Labour.

So what percentage of Hollywood blockbuster films have a cast that's "90% black"? Or even a black protagonist really.

She was criticized for going against the narrative, not because she was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Apple Diversity? Whats that, like equal rights for apples? Should I not separate by Granny Smiths and my Golden Delicious? Diversity is out of control isnt it
    Personally I find it more ironic that the brand with the "one size has to fit all or you shall be damned" approach and 0 customiizability besides painting it differently, is the one that is big about diversity. But then I guess the last part of my previous sentence already gives insight into how this system works..

PS: Pink lady all the way.

I believe there are people championing the new Black Panther movie for being diverse for having a 90% black cast. How something can count as diverse with 90% of the same group is beyond me.
    you guys allowed this shit. you dont stand up for yourselves. ever and when somebody does, you label them racist. thats fucking how we got to this point.

These days 'diverse' is basically synonymous with 'anything but white.'

So what percentage of Hollywood blockbuster films have a cast that's "90% asian"?

how about hispanic? you know the 2nd largest group in america by far. oh far easier to label half of them white lol.

Oh hush up with that... it would be nice if it was only because they're human but let's not pretend that women aren't treated any differently and have different experiences based on the fact they are women alone. and let's not pretend that the one or two minorities growing up in a 95% white area were treated just the same and have the exact same upbringing. This has nothing at all to do with stereotypes.

Are we going to pretend also gays get treated the same as straight people next?
    That does not mean that AT WORKPLACE there are ideas or skills (or anything job related) uniquely available to them because of their race or sexuality. Only because they are different, like every other person

There's value in diversity, but I still think it shouldn't be enforced in hiring practises. Blizzard did it right by increasing their reach to new channels where they get more women competing for jobs. The hiring itself is still merit-based, but the hiring pool got larger.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    So what percentage of Hollywood blockbuster films have a cast that's "90% asian"?

how about hispanic? you know the 2nd largest group in america by far. oh far easier to label half of them white lol.
    You tell me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    She was criticized for going against the narrative, not because she was wrong.
    You are free to believe that nonsense if you like.

Sorry about reality going against your narrative. Hope that doesn't offend you too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry about reality going against your narrative. Hope that doesn't offend you too much.
    What the fuck are you going on about...?

The literal topic of this article and thread is that she said 12 white guys can be just as diverse as a group 12 people made up of many races/genders... And that statement offended SJWs to such an extent that she had to issue an apology and rescind the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I think everyone in the thread is missing the main point. Regardless of these "life experiences" or which diverse group has them, explain how exactly do they make a business better? Give some examples that a group of "non diverse" white men couldn't do themselves. And not just a more interesting pot luck dinner.
    Because the heart of creativity and problem solving and genius is being able to see something in a new way, to make connections between things that previously seemed unconnected. To quote James Gleick, "intuition calcifies," so bringing people with different perspectives together leads to looking at things in new ways--considering something familiar in a way you never did before sparks creativity and leads to the next great idea. It's a business decision first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    That does not mean that AT WORKPLACE there are ideas or skills (or anything job related) uniquely available to them because of their race or sexuality. Only because they are different, like every other person

Ideas not skills. Unless you consider soft skills. Soft skills will be different usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh the sterotyping bigotry. Simce their all black they must have similar background experiences? Care to elaborate?

It’s a stereotype to say men have more similar experiences to each other than they do to women?

A group of all black people may not take things into account that may be a concern for whites or Asians and if they’re not on the team those concerns likely won’t be brought up.

15+ Year Old Account
    You tell me.

- - - Updated - - -

That everybody is different? Sorry that offends you. Welcome to reality.

Specific skills or ideas? You have poor comprensión because that’s not what I am saying
    Ideas not skills. Unless you consider soft skills. Soft skills will be different usually.
    Two pages ago you told me you did not mean ideas/skills and I had poor reading comprehension for thinking you meant ideas and and skills......
    Now you tell me yeah it's ideas and soft skills. You got this

Anyway we come in a circle. Like i told you before, the concept that some things (in this case ideas or soft skills) are only available to one race, is the basis of what supremacists claim. It is not a good way of thinking mate. Judge each person for his/her own worth not the color of their skin or their sexuality. It is 2017 not 1900

So I'm assuming white people don't have different life experiences and we're all the same? Huh, sounds awfully like the racism in the past towards african-americans assuming they're "all the same".
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    When color photography first came out it has issues picking up people of darker tone and instead would make them extremely dark to the point they sometimes looked black this was because the developers of the technology only made the film to work on people with light skin and if the team had people with darker skin this issue likely would have been brought up sooner than when it was already released and took decades to fix...
    or maybe and this is just teh chemist in me, Colour photography is orders of magnitude more complicated than black and white photography?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    She said that there were four lights.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm also surprised.
    Doesn't matter - the move by definition is not diverse, and saying it is, is fucking retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Movie set in Africa has mostly black cast, news at 11.

Its okay there will be like 8 other white superhero movies for you to go see in 2018 too.
    yeah but you don't get to call it diverse, because it isn't.
    or the 90% white movies are also diverse.

Deleted
    Her comment makes no sense. For instance people of different races experience things differently hence having them on the ram brings new ideas. Just how women experience things different and why bribing women in introduces new ideas.

Don’t kid me by saying a team of all white all straight all blond and blues eyed people will have as diverse of ideas as a team of people of different races sexed and sexuality.
    Well then we only need 1 black man and 1 black woman in every company to get the entire ideas and thoughts of black people then, right?

Deleted
    VP of diversity .. I actually spit out my drink.
    Holy shit batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    So I'm assuming white people don't have different life experiences and we're all the same? Huh, sounds awfully like the racism in the past towards african-americans assuming they're "all the same".
    Holy crap, again, only one person in the thread has said that, and, again, they were probably trolling. No one else in here has ever once said "All white people are the same." Either a lot of people in this thread have very poor reading comprehension, or (more likely) they're just being willfully obtuse in order to turn the arguments back around.

So much for wanting diversity of thought when you won't take a moment to actually consider what other people are saying.