Poll: Good idea or bad?

Thread: Warcraft RPG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Yeah imagine an Elder Scrolls style game (but actually good) set in the WoWoverse. It would potentially sell jillions of copies.
    This. I'd love it, but doubt it would ever happen. It would require effort, time and money. Blizzard are more into creating shitty shovelware garbage like Hearthstone or Overwatch.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Falls into the category of "Good ideas that won't happen".

I mean, Bethesda are so afraid TESVI will steal customers from ESO that they aren't even working on TESVI. You think Blizzard would be happy to lose subs to people deciding their time was better spent in a sort of "Skyrim-but-Warcraft" game? Pfffft.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This. I'd love it, but doubt it would ever happen. It would require effort, time and money. Blizzard are more into creating shitty shovelware garbage like Hearthstone or Overwatch.
    One of these things is not like the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would play the hell out of a more modern, open world game set on Azeroth. Imagine an aesthetic closer to the cinematics, with a more fully realized, properly scaled world, with more active, visceral combat... I get excited just thinking about it.

But I don't see it happening. It's not really in Blizzard's wheelhouse. Maybe it could have a really purpose-built PVP system for esports?

15+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like someone with zero understanding of how games are made. I hate people like you, who shit on all the hard work done by artists and designers and programmers. The amount of talent, passion, and effort clearly seen in every element of Overwatch in particular is so obvious that you'd have to be blind or stupid to miss it. I doubt there's an artist in the industry who would pass over an opportunity to work on that game. The animations alone are a masterclass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any game pre wow in the timeline would have to be set in a time period we have no info on or be non cannon to make a good rpg. If you have to make sure it matches up with the wow timeline then you would have to take away any amount of freedom that would be needed for a good rpg.
    The one issue I see with that is even though you could do one during the night elven advance into the Troll Empires it lacks the Horde and Allaince feel key to Warcraft. And all the time periods following with the faction is well covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Spoken like someone with zero understanding of how games are made. I hate people like you, who shit on all the hard work done by artists and designers and programmers. The amount of talent, passion, and effort clearly seen in every element of Overwatch in particular is so obvious that you'd have to be blind or stupid to miss it. I doubt there's an artist in the industry who would pass over an opportunity to work on that game. The animations alone are a masterclass.
    Bs, just because you have a specific (poor) taste doesn't make it well made. Overwatch is shitty, in everything from animation, graphics, models, mechanics. It's a cheap looking, cheap feeling asian-styled f2p shovelware title.

The amount of talent, passion and effort is no where to be found. I tried looking.

Deleted
    Overwatch shovelware....yes a complex game with various hero's whose art is all consistent in feel is like an afternoons work.

Even if hearthstone at first used some wow tcg art they where a small team with a wealth of art assist avaible. It would be stupid not to use them

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather see a storymode for Overwatch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Bs, just because you have a specific (poor) taste doesn't make it well made. Overwatch is shitty, in everything from animation, graphics, models, mechanics. It's a cheap looking, cheap feeling asian-styled f2p shovelware title.

The amount of talent, passion and effort is no where to be found. I tried looking.
    Rofl, it seems you're the one who doesn't have taste. OW is one of the best looking games currently on the market.

On topic: I'd love a proper RPG made by Blizzard, with OW-like aesthetics, you know cuz the game looks amazing.

Would absolutely LOVE an RPG made by Blizzard in Witcher and/or Elder Scrolls style!
    Been fantasizing about a Skyrim x Warcraft game for years. Like, one where everyone is killable, and you can do quest where you might even end up to be the next LK!
    Give the player total freedom. Like, kill a quest NPC, and you can probably get that quest an other way, like in the Divinity: Original Sin games.
    Would buy it as soon as it got released...if it looked good ofc :P

Deleted
    So basically what you get with WoW, just no player retention and no interaction with other players?

I don't see why they would ever want to do something like that...

Deleted
    Would play

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Any game pre wow in the timeline would have to be set in a time period we have no info on or be non cannon to make a good rpg. If you have to make sure it matches up with the wow timeline then you would have to take away any amount of freedom that would be needed for a good rpg.
    So make it in an alternate, non-canon, pre-WoW universe.

You can use the Vanilla setting and have origins for each race ( Ala Dragon Age ) that all converge into the same plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would probably buy it if we had a witcher/skyrim game on azzeroth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account

You make my point for me. Might as well hang a sign from your neck that says "discount everything I say from now on, my opinion is worthless."

It's not even worth explaining all the ways you're wrong, you're just willfully ignorant. The worst kind of ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

It's not even worth explaining all the ways you're wrong, you're just willfully ignorant. The worst kind of ignorant.
    That's because you can't, you got no arguments to support your case, all you've got is mindless, retarded gatekeeping.

Enjoy your spot on my ignorelist.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Blizzard went back to more of an RPG MMO - like vanilla or tbc version of the game.

Deleted
    Bad idea. Good RPGs tend to have deep and consistent lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see their take in an rpg, but Blizzard doesn’t really want to do single player games. They wouldn’t release anything that doesn’t have some lasting PvP or multiplayer compenent to it. The Diablo style is probably the closest we’ll get from Blizzard.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Different studios handle ESO and TES tbh; ESO is intentionally set quite a bit in the past so they can use the Warp in the West excuse for any retcons. I am not sure whether TESVI would damage ESO as well; one is a social experience.
    We only have undisclosed sources and so on to go on, together with our own assumptions, but some fairly convincing people, including possibly Jason Scherier (who has been vindicated a number of times when he has reported "internal sources say" stuff by the facts later emerging) have suggested that the thinking at Zenimax (who own Bethesda Softworks - the publishing division - and Bethesda Game Studios - the developers of TES games) is that to release TESVI would significantly impact profits from ESO, which are supposedly quite high, so they are against it being developed until it looks like ESO is starting to flag.

This is arguably supported by the strange-seeming behaviour of BGS, who have repeatedly said they aren't developing TESVI in no uncertain terms, despite the fact that it would probably be one of the biggest-selling computer games (and almost certainly the biggest selling CRPG) in gaming history, given the relative sales of Oblivion, FO3, Skyrim and FO4 (FO4 apparently outselling Skyrim despite worse reviews and less-positive word-of-mouth, suggesting the audience for these games is simply expanding).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would much rather Blizzard did a CRPG with a story and a strong narrative that would help them build the story of the world than create a sandbox. I am sadly not sure they know how to write such stories though; they are mostly good with big epic moments instead.
    I'd love to see that, but all evidence seems to suggest that sandbox games outsell pure narrative games by a considerable margin. You can have both. None could deny RDR or GTA V had strong stories alongside strong sandbox design, for example.