Deleted
    Nice plot Rav

Friday 20th October...The best of the best, takes you deep into the woods

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/g...ts/shades-eve/

God I love the style of WS. I just wish it was a better game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    God I love the style of WS. I just wish it was a better game. :/
    Same then this thread would have more worthwhile activity in return. But eh Carbine are partly to blame for it.

Right now in all reality it's just bumped occasionally by 2 people for minor information.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Same then this thread would have more worthwhile activity in return. But eh Carbine are partly to blame for it.

Right now in all reality it's just bumped occasionally by 2 people for minor information.
    I think the worst part is that eventually it's going to shut down. Sooner rather than later, and I won't have access to my characters any more. I mean, I have lots of screenshots and such, but it's not quite the same. All that crazy good animation and artwork going to waste. First world problems, I guess.

I think the worst part is that eventually it's going to shut down. Sooner rather than later, and I won't have access to my characters any more. I mean, I have lots of screenshots and such, but it's not quite the same. All that crazy good animation and artwork going to waste. First world problems, I guess.
    Won't shut down straight away. Will go into maintenance mode first and NCSoft will see how this new game that Carbine are supposedly working on pans out. If that bombs too then I imagine Wildstar will be on the chopping block.

And if it makes you feel a bit better well I never got a chance to log into Asheron's Call 2 before it shutdown to say goodbye to my character at least

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before it shuts down, do you think they would try to test the waters on the console market?

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    Before it shuts down, do you think they would try to test the waters on the console market?
    Considering the following factors.

1. Chinese launch was delayed and instead they went with Steam which now has 300 players in a 24 hour peak. Chinese launch would have been way better due to the popularity of MMOs in the East.

2. NCSoft are doubtful about funding Wildstar due to them more than likely funding another new game from Carbine.

3. I severely doubt the funding is there for a console port.

I mean I'd love for this to come to PS4/XB1 but it just doesn't seem on the cards.

Won't shut down straight away. Will go into maintenance mode first and NCSoft will see how this new game that Carbine are supposedly working on pans out. If that bombs too then I imagine Wildstar will be on the chopping block.

And if it makes you feel a bit better well I never got a chance to log into Asheron's Call 2 before it shutdown to say goodbye to my character at least
    Do you remember City of Heroes? Yeah...NCsoft dropped the axe on that game with almost no warning. To this day I still only have 1 low-res picture of 1 of my characters due to a HD crash that was unrecoverable(I store pics in multiple online places as well as backup thumbdrives these days).

I loved this game when it launched, and it still has all the same charm, but now that I'm WAY over the new game hype I can't be asked to deal with the horribly horrific UI and all the work you need to put into it and addons you need to get to make it usable. That in turn affects my desire to ever play it again, because I don't want to have to spend hours tweaking my UI before I even start actually playing, it's a serious buzzkill.

Neverending attunement chain to get into raids killed the game 2 months after his birth, players asked for attuments like in vanilla and tbc but, man, that was overkill, getting gold in all veteran dungeons to access genetic archives is like doing all legion dungeons in m+10 in time to have access to emerald nightmare, adventures on the other hand were damn fun
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Neverending attunement chain to get into raids killed the game 2 months after his birth, players asked for attuments like in vanilla and tbc but, man, that was overkill, getting gold in all veteran dungeons to access genetic archives is like doing all legion dungeons in m+10 in time to have access to emerald nightmare, adventures on the other hand were damn fun
    Oh for sure. Gold wasn't so hard once geared. Just people make this out to be a hardcore game and it wasn't. It just went overkill with the old elements of MMORPGs.

Getting gold in those runs was actually REALLY annoying for some classes. I don't know if you remember, but a few classes had a lot of their effectiveness rely on super rare skill drops. Spellslingers especially. Their DPS jumped like 30% once they got that stupid 2% drop.

Getting gold in those runs was actually REALLY annoying for some classes. I don't know if you remember, but a few classes had a lot of their effectiveness rely on super rare skill drops. Spellslingers especially. Their DPS jumped like 30% once they got that stupid 2% drop.
    Lol, i mained SS and that damned trigger fingers amp was so damn needed and so damn rare, i can't remember how many challenges i've done to get it and never succeded, ended up buying that for something around 15 plat
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Lol, i mained SS and that damned trigger fingers amp was so damn needed and so damn rare, i can't remember how many challenges i've done to get it and never succeded, ended up buying that for something around 15 plat
    It's funny how that sort of performance spike from super raredrops was mirrored with WoW legendaries.

How did WS ever end up resolving that anyway?

It's funny how that sort of performance spike from super raredrops was mirrored with WoW legendaries.

Nerfing the amp and increasing drop rate in dungeons
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the following factors.

1. Chinese launch was delayed and instead they went with Steam which now has 300 players in a 24 hour peak. Chinese launch would have been way better due to the popularity of MMOs in the East.

2. NCSoft are doubtful about funding Wildstar due to them more than likely funding another new game from Carbine.

3. I severely doubt the funding is there for a console port.

I mean I'd love for this to come to PS4/XB1 but it just doesn't seem on the cards.
    Sadly agreed but consoles could really be where wildstar shines..heh bad business decisions all around

Neverending attunement chain to get into raids killed the game 2 months after his birth
    To the shock of true anarch and practically no one else.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account

The difference between 2 BiS legendaries and 2 ordinary ones is 3-5%. There were some outliers earlier in the expansion but those were changed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Sadly agreed but consoles could really be where wildstar shines..heh bad business decisions all around
    I'm not sure consoles would help that much. It's a bigger market but the mmo crowd tend to gravitate towards PCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The difference between 2 BiS legendaries and 2 ordinary ones is 3-5%. There were some outliers earlier in the expansion but those were changed

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure consoles would help that much. It's a bigger market but the mmo crowd tend to gravitate towards PCs.
    As someone who plays both trust me their is a VERY big market..Right now however it is mostly p2w and b2p outsids of ffxiv and no even semi oldschool mmos again outside ffxiv. It has a massive potential marketm plus the artstyle would probably appeal more to console players

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tera and BDO is on the horizon but other than FF14 (PS only) and Neverwinter and ESO, theres nothing.