Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I thought that in the US grieving widows of gold stars are given some respect but apparently if it is against the god emperor, you can throw anyone under the bus.
    yes, it takes a special kind of moron to aggravate a grieving widow, be a army widow, a policeman widow, a postman widow whatever.
    What kind of ahole would call a widow and say her husband had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    why exactly?

Because it is honest?
    Do you not understand that every so often the truth shouldn't be said?

That's like a doctor coming up to a family that lost someone in a car accident going "Well they knew it was possible the moment they got into the car and started driving."

Believe it or not sometimes you just shut your mouth, or better yet think before you speak.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    we are deeply sorry for your loss, we will commit to honoring your husband for his service and dedication to this country.
    No words are enough to aid you in this troubled time but his legacy will not be forgotten.

there...that was extremely hard to come up with. something like a full 30 seconds.
    it still says a whole lot of nothing but it sure as hell beats his "lol, to bad so sad, shouldn't have become a soldier" comment

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The thing that is weird is that a congresswoman who vehemently hates Trump just happened to sit in on the phone call?? What is this?? House of Cards? She basically used the family as ammunition. Sick!

I don't understand what is wrong with saying "He knew what he was getting into but it hurts anyway".. What is wrong with that? Of course the headlines only have "He knew what he was getting into" and leave out the "it hurts anyway" part.
    Sorry, but the "He knew what he was getting himself into" part, just sucks, same could be said about someone dying in a car accident, or a fisherman who falls off the boat and drowns etc. etc. Soldiers do not sign up to die, it's a risc for sure, but it's not like "Hey, let me join the army so I can get bombed to death"

His place is to comfort and be thankful that US soldiers are riscing their lifes, not tell the mom that he pretty much asked for it.

Ironically, your opinion mirrors that of the extreme left in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Americans are still being suckered by both Trump and your media - he's (metaphorically) razing swathes of your government and then selling off what's left to speculators, while literally allowing parts of your nation to collapse into utter chaos (Puerto Rico), he's continuing the stupid and counterproductive wars of his predecessors (including in Niger), while the so-called "opposition" is busy starting an internal civil war while cozying up to the same people who Trump is selling you out to, and what is the prime topic of discussion in the 4th estate? He said mean things to some grieving people.

Yes, Trump is awful, but the point is anyone with a brain or who cared already knows that - it's like seeing a pack of rabid dogs chewing on a baby in a park and everyone bemoaning the horror of it, while no one asks, "Why is there's a pack of rabid dogs loose in the city and what are we doing about it?!?"
    The thing is though that most of the people seeing it are powerless to do anything about it. A lot of those people know that Trump is harming the US in many ways. But the only people who could do anything about it right now, aside from disparaging things publicly, are Republicans in the House and Senate. And they seem to just let Trump do whatever he wants until they get their juicy tax cuts.

I mean, realistically, what can the 4th estate even do? Trump's lies and damaging policies have been pointed out from the beginning, but only those who are against him already care about. His base has gone all in on the fake news narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Arunu View Post
    we are deeply sorry for your loss, we will commit to honoring your husband for his service and dedication to this country.
    No words are enough to aid you in this troubled time but his legacy will not be forgotten.

there...that was extremely hard to come up with. something like a full 30 seconds.
    it still says a whole lot of nothing but it sure as hell beats his "lol, to bad so sad, shouldn't have become a soldier" comment
    I mean.. That line was cherry picked out of several minutes of dialogue.. How do you know he didn't say that?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    i don't get that he was implying that. i got that he was saying what people say all the time that soldiers sign up to fight and die for there country when they sign up they know they might die but when it happens it turns any way.
    "knew what he signed up for, but when [death] happens, [death] hurts anyway."

In his quote, it = death. It is literally implying that soldiers sign up knowing they will die in service.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    What a completely bullshit lie. Trump never ONCE claimed to have recorded it.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you heard ONE WORD from the fallen soldier's wife? No.

All you have heard is the whack job Congresswoman with an anti-Trump, hate agenda. She is as bad as Maxine, she has been calling for Trump's impeachment for months. This is a complete stunt cooked up by the Congresswoman.
    Have you ever heard one word for all these people that Trump has allegedly heard all the lies he peddles? Mo, but you believe him every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I mean, realistically, what can the 4th estate even do? Trump's lies and damaging policies have been pointed out from the beginning, but only those who are against him already care about. His base has gone all in on the fake news narrative.
    Part of the reason the media is focusing on this story to begin with is that it seems like the kind of thing that you would think patriotic conservatives would get riled up about because they are always talking about how we need to respect the military and support the troops and all that. But then you see the same people who would crucify Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the national anthem defend Trump's insensitivity as "telling hard truths" or some nonsense like that, as if the widow made some mistake by marrying a soldier to begin with and had to hear from Trump of all people that she fucked up and should've just shacked up with a nice, cowardly real estate developer instead or whatever.

Backtrack from what? He NEVER SAID he had a recording - the assumption that he did is all IN YOUR HEAD.

This is what he said -

Where did he say he had a recording?

This is what Sanders said, today at the press briefing:

THAT is the PROOF he was referring to - several WITNESSES that can corroborate his statement. All you have is the same, a Congresswoman saying she heard the phone convo. Nothing but a he said/she said.
    So, have any of these people who were in the room with Trump come out and officially corroborated his statement? Or are you just going to believe that he has proof when he hasn't actually provided said proof? Why do you think these witnesses are credible, but all the people in the room listening to Trump on speakerphone are not?
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2017-10-19 at 11:47 AM.

The problem is that to Trump these are minor nuisances he has to deal with, call people you don't know and give them a 15 minute talk then never see them again. But to those people that just lost a husband or son, that loss is a gigantic part of their life, you want to deal with what happened and let the person go in a way you can come to terms with. That means you want to feel like the commanders that sent your son or husband or wife or whoever to their death did all they could to prevent it. You want to feel like they cared about their life as you did. That means when you speak as a president you choose your words carefully, you find out what happened and you explain it in a way that gives people that faith that their loved one wasn't a throwaway. Trump clearly failed at this, you don't hear about wives or husbands or fathers outraged at how their call with the president went under normal circumstances. Only under Trump do these things happen. The man is a garbage president.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    So, have any of these people who were in the room with Trump come out and officially corroborated his statement? Or are you just going to believe that he has proof when he hasn't actually provided said proof? Why do you think these witnesses are credible, but all the people in the room listening to Trump on speakerphone are not?
    It's Ransath, part of the local "says there's proof but doesn't provide any" gang, so no there isn't any yet.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It's Ransath, part of the local "says there's proof but doesn't provide any" gang, so no there isn't any yet.
    Seriously. Anybody who believes anything Trump says at this point without independent verification is a complete idiot. He's been a proven liar so many damn times it's sad we even have to have this conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post

They were in a car, not a room. You should try knowing the facts about something before you post your "opinion - but when has that ever mattered before? And who are "all these people"? The Congresswoman and the mother? Haven;t heard a word form the wife, which is the ONLY person that matters. I couldn't give a flying FUCK if it "offended" some whack job Maxine Waters-type retard.

BTW - even the whack job Congresswoman said she didn't hear the entire conversation. You have NO IDEA what she actually heard - or didn' t hear. Any PROOF from them they DID hear it? She has provided NO fucking proof either.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-10-19 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41663609

Much much more in link; what's your opinion
    My opinion is the congress is looking for her 15 minutes of fame by lying through her teeth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    This wouldn't be all that big a deal if he didn't have a long, established history of viewing the American soldiers under his command as nothing more than meat for the grinder.
    That is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. By far, that has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen on this forum.

"long, established history"? LOL!!!!!

They were in a car, not a room. You should try knowing the facts about something before you post your "opinion - but when has that ever mattered before? And who are "all these people"? The Congresswoman and the mother? Haven;t heard a word form the wife, which is the ONLY person that matters. I couldn't give a flying FUCK if it "offended" some whack job Maxine Waters-type retard.

BTW - even the whack job Congresswoman said she didn't hear the entire conversation. You have NO IDEA what she actually heard - or didn' t hear. Any PROOF from them they DID hear it? She has provided NO fucking proof either.
    That's how liberals are, they don't care about proof as long as it's anti Trump. Show them the proof then will then change the argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    That's how liberals are, they don't care about proof as long as it's anti Trump. Show them the proof then will then change the argument.
    LOL - show them the truth and they will still believe their own bias.

BTW - you know you are me, right? Did you ever see the unhinged post from Skroe where he accused you, me, and some other poster as being the same account? That we are all the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    This wouldn't be all that big a deal if he didn't have a long, established history of viewing the American soldiers under his command as nothing more than meat for the grinder.
    As a soldier, me and my fellow soldiers say you're a liar, and your opinion if born of ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL - show them the truth and they will still believe their own bias.

BTW - you know you are me, right? Did you ever see the unhinged post from Skroe where he accused you, me, and some other poster as being the same account? That we are all the same person?
    I am not surprised, I have been accused of being every conservative poster on these forums by various liberals lol. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    As a soldier, me and my fellow soldiers say you're a liar, and your opinion if born of ignorance.
    You mean a mercenary for American mercantile Inc? Alright!