Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Time Travel -Expanions!

Like many of you, I have been playing this game since it opened its doors, and would love to time travel, not just inside instances, but an entire expansion!

I realize technically, while its probably easy (assuming here Blizz has everything saved) to give players the option of going back and enjoying a particular expansion, the challenge lies withing updates and bug fixes -or so I have been told.

As for myself, I would be willing to pay a bit more for a feature that allows me to time travel and re-enjoy a particular expansion, from Vanilla all the way to Wrath of Draenor. You?

You do realize the whole of warlords was a time travel expansion right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Like many of you, I have been playing this game since it opened its doors, and would love to time travel, not just inside instances, but an entire expansion!

I realize technically, while its probably easy (assuming here Blizz has everything saved) to give players the option of going back and enjoying a particular expansion, the challenge lies withing updates and bug fixes -or so I have been told.

As for myself, I would be willing to pay a bit more for a feature that allows me to time travel and re-enjoy a particular expansion, from Vanilla all the way to Wrath of Draenor. You?
    That... Would be no where near as easy as you make it sound. They would literally have to rebuild a patch from every previous expansion to make it compatible.

The best we can likely hope for is more Timewalking raids and such like Black Temple.

Doubt we'd see anything like this again sense we have Timewalking and now are slowly getting Timewalking raids (Doubt they'll stop at BT) and the fact WoD was a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically you want legacy servers for each expansion.

Deleted
    do we get a tardis?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    That... Would be no where near as easy as you make it sound. They would literally have to rebuild a patch from every previous expansion to make it compatible.

The best we can likely hope for is more Timewalking raids and such like Black Temple.
    OK and I guess if customers pay, would that not be worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Basically you want legacy servers for each expansion.
    I suppose if that's the technical term for it .. I'd like the option to pay more and when I log in I get to choose not only server tabs but expansion tabs.

Can of worms, hope they learned their lesson with WoD. The only decent 'time travel' component in the game is Keepers of Time/ Infinite Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Can of worms, hope they learned their lesson with WoD. The only decent 'time travel' component in the game is Keepers of Time/ Infinite Dragonflight.
    Yep. Its fine because we travel back to fix things who would fuck up the present timeline, and it has no real impact on it. We are like timecops lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    It's a shame we couldn't time travel and make the cataclysm expansion never happen.

OK and I guess if customers pay, would that not be worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose if that's the technical term for it .. I'd like the option to pay more and when I log in I get to choose not only server tabs but expansion tabs.
    They already said no to doing something like this. They talked about doing a "Pristine" server type thing at best...

Aside from that, we have Timewalking at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    So... Legacy Servers? Or a single server that let you pick which era you want to be in (though it houses all of them)?
    Single server that lets me time travel between expansions .. At least that is the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    They already said no to doing something like this. They talked about doing a "Pristine" server type thing at best...

Aside from that, we have Timewalking at best.
    What is a Pristine server type?

10+ Year Old Account

I'll never understand this.

There are like 5 threads going right now talking about the "content drought" ya'll aren't even content enough to do CURRENT content for more than 4 weeks.

What makes you think you are going to go back and enjoy MC for 6 months while you get yourself and your guild geared enough for BWL?

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I'll never understand this.

There are like 5 threads going right now talking about the "content drought" ya'll aren't even content enough to do CURRENT content for more than 4 weeks.

What makes you think you are going to go back and enjoy MC for 6 months while you get yourself and your guild geared enough for BWL?
    Same reason some of us love alts .. even alts of the same spec!

Its kind of hard to explain but we get a huge amount of joy/fun in unplugging from the outside world and going back doing content and playing specs we really enjoy over on a fresh new server or a new race or faction .. Sometimes we get that joy on the very same server and faction and spec!

Deleted
    Caverns of Time time travel where we're fixing broken timelines fine. Traveling to a post apocalypse future fine. Alternative dimensions with two separate time periods being linked can fuck right off

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason some of us love alts .. even alts of the same spec!

Its kind of hard to explain but we get a huge amount of joy/fun in unplugging from the outside world and going back doing content and playing specs we really enjoy over on a fresh new server or a new race or faction .. Sometimes we get that joy on the very same server and faction and spec!
    But in terms of the vast majority, and making design decisions that are actually profitable... you can see how that might not be the best use of resources.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Timeline is already messed up enough as is.

I would much rather just get scaling content, and maybe streamlining of quest/dungeon/item rewards overall.

Leveled a character in hellfire peninsula 61-67 yesterday and now straight to netherstorm, still feels like a completely different game

Scaling would be nice for lower content, that way they don't have to mess with the old story too much and just give a dynamic timeline instead.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-19 at 05:07 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... Classic Servers?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    WoD was not a time travel expansion. It took place in an entirely different timeline from our own. There were tons of difference, including people who were alive on Draenor that were dead long before the blood pact in our timeline.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time Travel Content should be kept in instances only or Instances areas, But the world and Expansions should focus on the Moving forward of the different races and faction Storys.