Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wasn’t refuting that hating muslims isn’t racist I was just stating that people use hating muslims as a cover to be actually racist.
    Yeah there's a lot of that indeed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    It is if you can enforce it. Religion as it is, is counterrproductive to human advancement and liberty.
    You can’t enforce it that’s why it’s not reasonable or logical. Not to mention what ever unreasonable way you could get to a state where you could enforce it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    To say Islam is all the things you profess is unfair. Christianity is a pro-slavery, anti-woman religion if you follow the bible. Just as is Islam if you follow the Quran. Modern Christianity in America is just a less radicalized version. The problem is the cultures that Islam are present in are so far behind western cultures, their religion is too. Modern cultures pacify religion as Christianity has become because religion is the understanding of primitives. Those who don't understand turn to religion, those who know turn to science.
    In the age of the internet and globalization, there is absolutely zero excuse why Islamic countries still permit these things. Christianity went through a reform a long time ago, Islam hasn't. They've had plenty of opportunities to do so, but haven't. The only progress they've made in centuries, is one country allowing women to drive. It's not like these countries have been cut off from the rest of the world for hundreds of years. I can get on a plane, and fly to Iran and Saudi Arabia. Countries that still publicly execute gays, women, and children. There is no excuse anymore. Comparing Christianity's past to Islam's present, is a false comparison. The only thing that does, is serve to justify the barbaric medieval shit that still goes on in these countries.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn’t refuting that hating muslims isn’t racist I was just stating that people use hating muslims as a cover to be actually racist.
    So they hate them because they are brown... and being muslim is a convenient cover/justification. I dunno... I mean I guess that's possible/probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    That's not "his" view. It's a fact that he happens to be pointing out. Don't take it out on him, take it out on reality I guess, if you can.
    Yeah, okay, I don't care. I'm not arguing that his view of reality is right or wrong. I'm saying that it's not reasonable to FORCE people to see things his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

You can’t enforce it that’s why it’s not reasonable or logical. Not to mention what ever unreasonable way you could get to a state where you could enforce it.
    Because the act of enforcing is considered bad, no matter the goal or result. But we forget we enforce a lot of things on kids we raise so they become well behaved, we enforce positive things so they can function in society.

Technically speaking, enforcing a better way of living on people is a good thing, but it will always be seen as bad to force people to do something they don't want to even if it's for their own good. Just like how doctors are forced to let their patients decide if they want surgery or not. Doctors know better, they should be making that decision, but it's seen as taking control away from people's life. That's based on assuming people actually know what's best for them, which is not always the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I wasn’t talking about jagmeet and I have no idea what Trudeau didn’t I don’t fallow any thing he does. I’m talking from person exerpance as some one who lived in Brampton or brown town as some people call it for 20 years in a nabhorhood surrounded by mostly sihk’s. From my personal experience racist people will try and call any brown people they don’t like Muslim as they think it’s fair to criticize them on that and not being brown, this would include some racist family members I have when they came to visit.

I don’t really care about the NDP or liberals but that doesn’t change that people can use religion as a scapegoat to be racist.
    And by "racist people", you specifically mean "White people"? Is that correct?

Because it's not like brown people, in particular Muslims like Linda Sarsour, openly call for the extinction of White people through Sharia Law... Yes, racist people exist. Welcome to the real world.

Good to hear that. Hope we get this ban too soon in public (we already banned wearing masks at protests).

Safety of everyone is more important than the feelings of some minority group or "muh freedom dudes".

If you have no reason to hide your face (medical / work safety related / extremely cold climate) you simply shouldnt have the right to hide it in public. Only criminals hide their face.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-10-19 at 03:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's a violation of their First Amendment rights.
    Is oppression of women protected by the First Amendment?

News to me.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, okay, I don't care. I'm not arguing that his view of reality is right or wrong. I'm saying that it's not reasonable to FORCE people to see things his way.
    Stop saying "his" way, "his" view. It's a fact of life, you learn it or you don't, there's no way around it. The word FORCE makes it sound bad. Change it for TEACH.

How is it unreasonable to TEACH people to see things the right way?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    And by "racist people", you specifically mean "White people"? Is that correct?

Because it's not like brown people, in particular Muslims like Linda Sarsour, openly call for the extinction of White people through Sharia Law... Yes, racist people exist. Welcome to the real world.
    Why would I mean only white people? I’ve met black people who hold the same views and Asian people racist to black people. I don’t personally know or have met any racist brown people rather they be sihk or Muslim or any thing else but I know some exist in the area I used to live.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Good to hear that. Hope we get this ban too soon in public (we already banned wearing masks at protests).

Safety of everyone is more important than the feelings of some minority group or "muh freedom dudes".

If you have no reason to hide your face (medical / work safety related / extremely cold climate) you simply shouldnt have the right to hide it in public. Only criminals hide their face.
    This won't apply to the general public(unless they want to ride public transport). You'll still see them. This is very similar to what Merkel did in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Stop saying "his" way, "his" view. It's a fact of life, you learn it or you don't, there's no way around it. The word FORCE makes it sound bad. Change it for TEACH.

How is it unreasonable to TEACH people to see things the right way?
    It's law. Thus it's something that's FORCED onto people.

I don't know what you're talking about "a fact of life". Are you saying that religion is bullshit? Yeah, I don't care. That's not the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

This won't apply to the general public(unless they want to ride public transport). You'll still see them. This is very similar to what Merkel did in Germany.
    Fair enough. Public transport is a sensible area where security is very important.

That's right, but this law is basically just a step to ease in the evolution. Soon they'll get tired of taking it off, putting it back on, etc, they'll end up just giving up that useless thing. Anyways, that law was enforced by regressive men back in late 70's early 80's forgot the year. Point is, if tomorrow muslim women decided to stop wearing that and men were pissed, they would all end up in jail for lashing out at women the way they do back there. You can't fucking stone a woman in Quebec lol, you can barely throw a snowball without getting sued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

And it's not even like Islam is a "minority". There's over a billion Muslims worldwide. Political Islam has done this in every country it's taken over. It'll play the victim to gain sympathy, buy off key politicians, get some of their own in high-ranking government positions, have special laws made specially for them, then next is total Sharia Law. It's happened in Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Indonesia, and is now happening in Canada, UK and Sweden.

It's law. Thus it's something that's FORCED onto people.

I don't know what you're talking about "a fact of life". Are you saying that religion is bullshit? Yeah, I don't care. That's not the point.
    Religions and laws are basically the same thing: rules made by men. They just have different goal. They both have good and bad things, both can be changed, both can evolved. In the end, only logic matters, but logic is not a law, that's why Quebec has a law that enforces French in some way, almost everywhere, in an English speaking country. It's not logical, it's detrimental and hurting us greatly. But it's a law, doesn't make it right in any way shape or form.

Good. If I can't wear a bike helmet or a balaclava when working or entering shops / banks, neither should anyone else just because they say "oh well, thats my faith"

Well, its my 'religion' to take all of your stuff. Give me it, now. Oh you're not complying? Welcome to secular countries, where no one gives a shit about your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    In the age of the internet and globalization, there is absolutely zero excuse why Islamic countries still permit these things. Christianity went through a reform a long time ago, Islam hasn't. They've had plenty of opportunities to do so, but haven't. The only progress they've made in centuries, is one country allowing women to drive. It's not like these countries have been cut off from the rest of the world for hundreds of years. I can get on a plane, and fly to Iran and Saudi Arabia. Countries that still publicly execute gays, women, and children. There is no excuse anymore. Comparing Christianity's past to Islam's present, is a false comparison. The only thing that does, is serve to justify the barbaric medieval shit that still goes on in these countries.
    islam needs a reformation
    mr pickles

Luckily, it only applies to public workers, so Antifa can still legally wear their black masks when they light cop cars on fire and pull down power wires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not that I'm excusing religious and cultural oppression, but...

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of these instances can be a government employee on some level, or at least a "public worker". You can probably find several dozen more examples.
    What you are doing is comparing Apples and Oranges. One is being forced to wear facial coverings as a way to oppress and one is wearing facial coverings for safety. You can't seriously be that thick, can you?