Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It is if you're a pirate captain and you want to stop your crew from mutinying because if they try to kill you, they risk damaging the map with all the buried treasure and safe landing spots on it.
    I am going with this headcanon if they make armor-maps a recurring thing in a south seas expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    So where does everyone stand on the significance of the Wound's location?

Do you guys think it has something to do with proximity to C'thun?

Or do you guys think they just picked the least used zone in the game to blow up?
    I feel like the fact it was one of the abandoned Cataclysm zones had a lot to do with it. Easy to destroy when it wasn't being used for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    We already know what kind of new races will have... soon or later... :P
    Holy shit that’s a female ogre face.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Or do you guys think they just picked the least used zone in the game to blow up?
    Silithus has always been hot garbage with little player interaction, so to be frank, in my eyes, they went with it to minimize fallout. Plus, with the prison being there, they could tie in the C'Thun angle, but his actual prison is inside of AQ, so I don't see why people are "hyped" about the potential.

P.S. Also, with the death of Cho'gall, he's supposed to be permanently KIA.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-10-19 at 04:03 PM.

What were the other zones Blizzard did fuck all with? I remember Arathi, but I'm sure there was a third.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I wonder if the islands could be connected by a network of Deeprum Tram style subways.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

What were the other zones Blizzard did fuck all with? I remember Arathi, but I'm sure there was a third.
    They did a pass over every zone, but Arathi, Hinterlands, Alterac, and Silithus were the main letdowns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most vanilla zone?
    If you mean just ones without dungeons/raids
    Redridge comes to mind.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I wonder if the islands could be connected by a network of Deeprum Tram style subways.
    We're getting Kul Tiras as a continent; I'll bet Jon Snow's life on it.

Both in my opinion!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    We're getting Kul Tiras as a continent; I'll bet Jon Snow's life on it.
    Did you also bet his life on there not being a timetravel expac, so that's why he died the first time?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    No; the Vindicaar tech in Argus essentially masks instanced zones. there shouldn't be any loading screens between going from one leveling zone to another. One of the appeals of wow is that the map is continuous unlike in games like FFXIV or GW2.
    WoW map is not a continuous... you got a loading screen when you move from a continent to another since Vanilla when you take a zeppelin or a boat and later using naval connections or portals to reach the new continents added with the variuos expansions.

If, we got a disconnected exp area, like in Cataclysm, Blizzard can use the same Vindicaar system with a boat/submarine/fly machine for moving us from one isle to another.

Of course, would be better a "Zelda: The Wind Waker" system, but in WoW we can only have a starting point and a destination point, adding the feeling that we are moving like with the tram from Stormwind to Ironforge.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If you look at the Azeroth on Argus sky, Broken Isles are roughly the size of Howling Fjord there.

Actual size of the continents in the game:

(Northrend outlined with green, BI with red)

Considering that most people claim Northernd is the largest continent in WoW (I'm not completely sure about the numbers here, if someone has them please comment), Broken Isles being a bit less than 1 zone smaller while being so much more full of content shows that Blizzard is doing a lot of work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Picirita View Post
    Considering that most people claim Northernd is the largest continent in WoW (I'm not completely sure about the numbers here, if someone has them please comment), Broken Isles being a bit less than 1 zone smaller while being so much more full of content shows that Blizzard is doing a lot of work.
    You also need to count the 3 argus zones and Helheim, since they also have max level content if comparing the sizes of zones in expacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean C'thun can't be just the size of AQ. I'd think he's probably under Silithus...(Maybe) or at least around there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always assumed this was Sargeras trying to spite us and kill Azeroth. Since C'thun kinda got stomped given the comic is vaguely canon. Why stab there if you're going after an Old God? Go after N'zoth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I'd also like to mention that Demon Hunters do count as demons, given that they die in the same manner as demons... According to Illidan in the starting zone.
    you mixed something up there: they cant die because they are tainted by a demon still they ARE NOT a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean C'thun can't be just the size of AQ. I'd think he's probably under Silithus...(Maybe) or at least around there.
    Yeah, but he's only been dead for a few years. And what little power he had regained before Cataclysm was taken by Cho'gall, who we then also killed.

Unless someone has been actively trying to resurrect him, he shouldn't be alive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I always assumed this was Sargeras trying to spite us and kill Azeroth. Since C'thun kinda got stomped given the comic is vaguely canon. Why stab there if you're going after an Old God? Go after N'zoth.
    I mean, yeah, killing Azeroth was his entire goal all along, to prevent it from being corrupted by the Void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The lack of hive remnants at the wound seems to point that he has been pushed back by the Cenarion Circle (and Med'an) since the events of AQ 40.