Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Well just imagine AU Azeroth as being perfectly centered then :P
    No more AU for WoW, thank youuuu!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Why should it be? Was a bit weird how everything collapsed perfectly during the Sundering. Makes more sense this way, since its like that in the Ancient Kalimdor map (only one we have is from chronicles)
    Ugh, great to see Blizz made the Broken Isles being as big as Pandaria canon.

Take note anyone saying the same fate can't befall Kul'tiras.

Anyway while looking that up I found a super disturbing map that honestly anyone interested in NOT seeing Kul'tiras become a continent unto itself should see.

https://postimg.org/image/dpt0cjvst/
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ugh, great to see Blizz made the Broken Isles being as big as Pandaria canon.

Take note anyone saying the same fate can't befall Kul'tiras.

Anyway while looking that up I found a super disturbing map that honestly anyone interested in NOT seeing Kul'tiras become a continent unto itself should see.

https://postimg.org/image/dpt0cjvst/
    The link doesn't work from my computer.

EDIT: Okay I can see it now. I've seen this before, this map is sooooo inaccurate, even for WoW standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The link doesn't work from my computer.

EDIT: Okay I can see it now. I've seen this before, this map is sooooo inaccurate, even for WoW standards.
    Yeah it's super inaccurate just based on the Broken Isles being directly north of the Maelstrom.

But if Blizz keeps blowing up islands eventually the world map is gonna look that crowded and weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's super inaccurate just based on the Broken Isles being directly north of the Maelstrom.

But if Blizz keeps blowing up islands eventually the world map is gonna look that crowded and weird.
    Obviously it would but there would be some value in these *retcons* despite the fact we know nothing about Kul'Tiras other then it's a big human nation.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No more AU for WoW, thank youuuu!
    11th expansion: World of Warcraft: Crisis of Infinite Azeroths

It will look a bit more crowded for sure, but it will be alright! What I'm curious to see is what will happen of the world map the day they add the hypothetical "other side of Azeroth continent", west of Kalimdor!

It will look a bit more crowded for sure, but it will be alright! What I'm curious to see is what will happen of the world map the day they add the hypothetical "other side of Azeroth continent", west of Kalimdor!
    I imagine you'll have a zoom out function on Azeroth, resulting in a picture of the planet with left/right hemispheres being clickable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    11th expansion: World of Warcraft: Crisis of Infinite Azeroths
    Crisis on Infinite Draenors.

/trollololol
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

As for retcons on the map, I don't think it will happen in a big scale since the Chronicles books are out. I don't see Blizzard saying "oh yeah btw Chronicles maps are not canon anymore, even though we did make these books in order to have a canon source for the warcraft universe". Missing islands are one thing and are acceptable, sudden changes in sizes are not. If Kul'Tiras ends up continent sized, it will be an "in-game" continent size and not a lore continent-size or a retcon like the Broken Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always imagined they'd put it half on each side of the map.

But more likely they'd stick it on the far left.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Crisis on Infinite Draenors.

/trollololol
    For real tho, I'd love to see an AU story where Gul'dan became the most Powerful Shaman Ever and kicked Legion off from Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, reading through this thread has me jazzed for 8.0. I remember all the hype leading into Gamescom for Legion. Will we have #Teams again?

I'm done with #TeamEyeofAzshara but i'm cool with whatever new team name gets me some a sweet, angry naga queen expansion...with a side of Ny'alotha and N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like to point out contant retcons are indeed bad but sometimes they create a lot more to whatever lore is being established(See Eredar retcon, BRoken Isles being more then just lolnightelfruins).

For real tho, I'd love to see an AU story where Gul'dan became the most Powerful Shaman Ever and kicked Legion off from Draenor.
    Gul'dan World Shaman of Draenor. >_>

Warrior-Magi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    In unrelated news, Battle.net profiles are now available in EU and KR regions.
    Wait what does this mean exactly?
    I feel real dumb right now

10+ Year Old Account
    So I remembered why the Maelstrom not being centered triggers me.

The Eastern Kingdoms is SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER offset on the in-game map because of Vash'jir.

Also regarding where Kul'tiras would be. Just south-west of Vash'jir, maybe even overlapping it somewhat.

Maybe blizz will remove the indications of an underwater zone from the world map.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What WoD could have been....

I just highly doubt that we'd be getting Kul'Tiras as the "new" continent for the expansion. An island hopping expansion would be pretty simple to do. They could easily have all the islands be relatively close to one another, so you could still have flying enabled with Pathfinder later on throughout the expansion. Hell even if Zandalar isn't close to Kul'Tiras it could easily be a patch with a raid and we take a Vindicar styled ship down there to kick some troll tusks.

If this next expansion isn't Azshara, Trolls, Pirates with a little bit of Old God influence I'll eat my socks. I would be completely and utterly in shock. I just can't see Blizzard finally doing a "sea" based expansion only to half ass it and not go all out with that sea based influence. I will admit I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

- - - Updated - - -

So I remembered why the Maelstrom not being centered triggers me.

The Eastern Kingdoms is SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER offset on the in-game map because of Vash'jir.

Also regarding where Kul'tiras would be. Just south-west of Vash'jir, maybe even overlapping it somewhat.

Maybe blizz will remove the indications of an underwater zone from the world map.

- - - Updated - - -

What WoD could have been....
    Hmm South West of the Maelstorm you say? Smells like the Southern Seas says I.

To me the biggest worry I have with them being willing to do a seafaring xpac, or something involving islands, is the feel of travel. One problem I believe they mentioned with Cata was that the zones felt far too disconnected because you took portals everywhere.

How do you solve that for island hopping? Idk how they’d feel about flying or sailing across empty ocean.

Argus is basically island hopping, but the majority of patch content historically you accessed through portals anyways. I think there’s a big difference between patch content and launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    I just highly doubt that we'd be getting Kul'Tiras as the "new" continent for the expansion. An island hopping expansion would be pretty simple to do. They could easily have all the islands be relatively close to one another, so you could still have flying enabled with Pathfinder later on throughout the expansion. Hell even if Zandalar isn't close to Kul'Tiras it could easily be a patch with a raid and we take a Vindicar styled ship down there to kick some troll tusks.

If this next expansion isn't Azshara, Trolls, Pirates with a little bit of Old God influence I'll eat my socks. I would be completely and utterly in shock. I just can't see Blizzard finally doing a "sea" based expansion only to half ass it and not go all out with that sea based influence. I will admit I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm South West of the Maelstorm you say? Smells like the Southern Seas says I.
    Not the Maelstrom, Vash'jir. That off-blue blob on Eastern Kingdoms. It'd be South-East of the Maelstrom.

Though bringing up the South Seas does bring up a point I wanted to make as well. Kezan is positioned pretty clearly on the Maelstrom region map as being immediately South-West. Basically right north of Isle of Thunder on the Pandaria map. I still don't really see any way the Bilgewater return to Kezan in this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    To me the biggest worry I have with them being willing to do a seafaring xpac, or something involving islands, is the feel of travel. One problem I believe they mentioned with Cata was that the zones felt far too disconnected because you took portals everywhere.

How do you solve that for island hopping? Idk how they’d feel about flying or sailing across empty ocean.

Argus is basically island hopping, but the majority of patch content historically you accessed through portals anyways. I think there’s a big difference between patch content and launch.
    Boats is literally the solution. Give everyone a warship, put cannons on it, and basically you go place to place like it's The Wind Waker or The Old Republic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Oh man, reading through this thread has me jazzed for 8.0. I remember all the hype leading into Gamescom for Legion. Will we have #Teams again?

I'm done with #TeamEyeofAzshara but i'm cool with whatever new team name gets me some a sweet, angry naga queen expansion...with a side of Ny'alotha and N'zoth.
    As a member of the Brotherhood, I believe I will have to abstain from joining any #Teams this time around in order to provide a non-biased debunking experience.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread