Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Being persistent when the person clearly shows no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    In the US, sexual harassment has to do with workplace/other environments where unwanted flirting/sexual advances creates a hostile environment or affects a persons performance, job or advancement opportunities.

Outside of those environments there is no case where flirting is considered sexual harassment. You can ask a girl out 100 times and you (while being creepy) aren't doing anything legally wrong.
    False. Stalking is a punishable crime. From the legal definition:
    Stalking is conservatively defined as "a course of conduct directed at a specific person that involves repeated (two or more occasions) visual or physical proximity, nonconsensual communication, or verbal, written, or implied threats, or a combination thereof, that would cause a reasonable person fear."

Bold is mine. Nonconsensual communication is an acceptable definition for stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Says who? It's very direct flirting.
    Says me. Its sexually aggressive, flirting is lighthearted.

But even if it wasn't, so what? It can't be harassment if it isn't persistent. That was the rule.
    I didn't say it was harassment, so citing the rule here seems nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Why it’s blunt as fuck but why is it not flirting. Why do two grownups need to speak in code. Granted it’s totally not inappropriate at work or not at a club and is blunt as fuck. But it’s flirting.
    Its aggressive, not 'blunt'. Its not appropriate in any setting unless you're talking to your significant other and you're about to tear into each other like nobody's business, but then its a moot point as you're past flirting.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2017-10-19 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Being persistent when the person clearly shows no interest.
    Not if you’re good looking according to some.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It's answered right in the OP. When it's unwanted and persistent.

Sometimes I think the word unwanted takes priority however. If you're unattractive, the first words out of your mouth no matter how smooth are unwanted and then you're guilty of harassment and branded creepy. I think this is subconscious and just the way people work.

Why is this even a discusdion, its not 1978 anymore, its not worth the hassle of flirting when the wrong thing said are the way you look can get the cops on you, this culture now is not a good time to flirt lol

At this point, although the chances are slim to none waitfor a girl to show obvious interest first, you would be crazy to initiate now as a man lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Its aggressive, not 'blunt'. Its not appropriate in any setting unless you're talking to your significant other and you're about to tear into each other like nobody's business, but then its a moot point as you're past flirting.
    You wouldn’t do it doesn’t mean it isn’t flirting even if inappropriate most places.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It only becomes sexual harassment when the girl clearly states that she is not interested. Soo many women says nothing and then when out of sight complains and whines about it, fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    At this point, although the chances are slim to none wait for a girl to show obvious interest first, you would be crazy to initiate now as a man lol
    Exactly. There's no point in pursuing or chasing anymore.

The amount of 'nice guys' in this thread is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by EverDash View Post
    Exactly. There's no point in pursuing or chasing anymore.
    Ur risking police involvement and worse dont even try anymore lol you would have to be nuts to try and flirt and grt girls in this climate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I didn't say it was harassment, so citing the rule here seems nonsensical.
    We were talking about harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you're using an example of exactly what I just said doesn't count: Extreme cases.
    Oh yeah, extreme cases don't fit your logic. It has to be unwanted and persistent, except for the cases where it doesn't have to be. What is an extreme case? Woman 1 might respond to very direct sexual propositions very favourably, woman 2 files it under "extreme" and calls the cops.

Verbally assaulting a woman with sexual acts without an invitation is very obviously harassment. You should read the entire post before you reply.
    "Verbally assaulting" is an oxymoron.

When the other party makes it clear they don't want any of it and you continue. Same with regular harassment, in a sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Ugly/creepy guy = sexual harrasment

Handsome guy = flirting
    This.
    So much for equality, huh? Only the attractive are allowed to love.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Can you name a single place on the internet where you CAN'T mute, ignore, ban, remove, or any other method of shutting someone down with a few clicks?
    8 x out of 10 I do have to block

While I admit that sexual harrassment is a problem, and we need to talk about it, we should stay within 'normal borders', and don't over-exaggerate things. That can be also as much damaging as the original problem.

Deleted
    I wonder how many read the link

Is sexual harassment illegal?

Not specifically. It is not a criminal offence in its own right, says Sarah King.

However, the types of behaviour that amount to sexual harassment can be criminalised under different pieces of legislation. For example:

Unwanted phone calls and messages, visits to home or work, taking personal photographs, unwanted advances and persistent and distressing comments - Protection from Harassment Act 1997

Sending indecent, offensive or threatening letter, emails, and messages on social media and text - Malicious Communications Act 1998

Unwanted touching by someone who is getting sexual gratification, for example on public transport - Sexual Offences Act

That said, anyone being sexually harassed in the workplace is protected by the Equality Act 2010. A case is considered a civil - not a criminal - matter and would be dealt with in an employment tribunal.

More than half of women say they have been sexually harassed at work, according to research carried out last year by the TUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This.
    So much for equality, huh? Only the attractive are allowed to love.
    No one can stop you from loving. Loving doesn't include someone putting any part of their body on you anytime they want without your consent.

Anyway, why are you not letting ugly people "love" you? (in your own words)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Now look at you, equating woman to victim. That was exactly my point.
    You do love putting words in peoples mouths don't you? I didn't say women = victim, I said the victim decides if something is harrassment

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck me the number of guys projecting their insecurities by spouting UGLY = CREEP is scary

10+ Year Old Account
    When they grab you by the pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post

If someone at work says let's get a hotel room after work and ****, your spouse will never find out, you'll regret it if you don't...that's harassment. BTW I had that happen to me from a female boss and I'm a guy, so it's not just a male->female thing.
    Was she hot?