Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    morality and feelings are not the same thing.

If you kill my mother, i will really, really fucking want to kill you. But my morals will tell me not to, I won't go against my own basic human morality, and let the law take care of you instead.

In the case of wearing a balaclava into a bank, its a matter of safety and order. It would be practically impossible to uphold the law and by extension, the morality of the society, if everyone was anonymous. Most people agree that anarchy is unethical. Anonymity is anarchy. No one can pin down your name, your face, your prints because they're not in the system.

You might feel that it is ridiculous to expect some teenage girl in a niqab to pull a gun in a bank, or on public transport and by all accounts you would be right to feel that way - basically zero terrorist attacks are committed by female muslims. But it is unethical to not apply the law equally.

Ethics > Feelings

So do you now, finally understand why feelings are pointless to law?
    What is it you think morality or ethics are based on? Without feelings there is no moratlly. People think it’s immoral to kill because of how it makes them and the people connected to the person who was killed feel. People think theft is wrong because of how they feel after they have been robbed.

And again this has nothing to do with this case. The premise of saying feelings don’t matter is a flawed one as moral ethics's laws and society as a whole have been based on feelings. As an individual you can follow your feeling and get revenge after a crime but society as a whole has deemed that they feel they don’t want people like that on the streets so you are going to go to jail because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    *thumbs up*
    Such meaning with such simplicity.
    The sad thing that no one realizes is that America is also waging a Holy War. All under God!
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What is it you think morality or ethics are based on?
    Our morality is based on our values as a western society.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Our morality is based on our values as a western society.
    Values are based on morals which are based on how people feel.

Values are based on morals which are based on how people feel.
    What? Values are based on feelings. Morals are created because of what we value. Which is why psychopaths don't have the same values nor morals as those with feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ings-in-public

This is common sense. Public workers faces should be visible. Seems like a lot of places are now banning Full face coverings in the past few years..
    I feel sorry for people living in oppressive regimes, without basic human rights, such as freedom of religion. Hopefully Canadians will end this bigotry soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Such meaning with such simplicity.
    The sad thing that no one realizes is that America is also waging a Holy War. All under God!
    Yup, it's easy to point out the flaws of foreign religions when they come over here but it's not like we're saints. Plenty of sketchy shits going on based on Christianity and I don't think it has its place any more than another religion. It's an obsolete concept that is over its time, we can easily live without in this day and age. The very little positive people gain from it is getting more and more outweighed by the negative it creates in the world every single day.
    Last edited by Swalload; 2017-10-19 at 06:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    What? Values are based on feelings. Morals are created because of what we value. Which is why psychopaths don't have the same values nor morals as those with feelings.
    Then I have the order mixed up but it doesn’t really matter as either way it’s based on feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Please tell me what the Canadian First Amendment is.
    Constitution Amendment Proclamation, 1983.

Alternatively, section 2 of the Charter covers much of the same ground in terms of rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Holy shit, you've reach peak levels of false comparisons...
    Not even slightly false given what the Quebec government is saying about their new law.

Last edited by Masark; 2017-10-19 at 07:03 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I'm fine with this as long as things like a hijab or khimar aren't banned because then I feel like you're just targeting muslims.

Also for those who don't know:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not even slightly false given what the Quebec government is saying about their new law.

This is overkill.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm fine with this as long as things like a hijab or khimar aren't banned because then I feel like you're just targeting muslims.

Also for those who don't know:

- - - Updated - - -

This is overkill.
    Pretty sure it's everything. But I doubt anyone will get shit for wearing a Hijab, it shows the entire face. A Burka on the other hand...

About your reply on the tweet: That's basically a formality, no one is gonna get in trouble for wearing sunglasses. But in extreme cases, the law is there to force people to comply if it is demanded to take them off.

Yeah, but if my wives do not wear their headdresses, then they're betraying me and Allah. Westerners will never understand the importance and significance of wearing the Burka. This protects the women from evil thoughts and aggressors.

http://www.assnat.qc.ca/Media/Proces...JLoqe/vG7/YWzz

9. Un membre du personnel d’un organisme doit exercer ses fonctions à
    visage découvert, sauf s’il est tenu de le couvrir, notamment en raison de ses
    conditions de travail ou des exigences propres à ses fonctions ou à l’exécution
    de certaines tâches.

Which grade did you get in reading comprehension again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not that I'm excusing religious and cultural oppression, but...

I'm pretty sure most, if not all of these instances can be a government employee on some level, or at least a "public worker". You can probably find several dozen more examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    freedom comes before religion in America
    It kind of doesn't, though.
    What are all of the politicians worshiping over law? How many times does their god come before they make a new law? The entire country is built on god.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, it's easy to point out the flaws of foreign religions when they come over here but it's not like we're saints. Plenty of sketchy shits going on based on Christianity and I don't think it has its place any more than another religion. It's an obsolete concept that is over its time, we can easily live without in this day and age. The very little positive people gain from it is getting more and more outweighed by the negative it creates in the world every single day.
    Echoed throughout the ages from this day forth.
    Too bad you offend people. Prepare for our own Holy War when the zealots read our posts!
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    in all things in this world that present a danger to a person, it is considered intelligent to take steps to reduce or remove risk from it. except this one issue. this one, is where all reason is expected to be thrown out.

i am not a fool, i do not intend to ignore the basic threat assessment that any simple beast is capable of.

it's like free handling sea kraits, the first ten might be lovely creatures to share time with. but it only takes one to kill you should it choose to. therefore i know not to take the risk of handling them in the first place.
    In canada theres basically zero worry of any danger from muslim extremist, like the last "terrorist" attack was a police officer getting stabbed, some people run over and all of them made full recoveries. There's essentially no risk, this isn't the US. Even if we had these issues banning face coverings isn't going to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old people are. They were raised by people who followed the church that made a deal with the English people to let Quebec speak french. From that moment it became somewhat of a defence mechanism to be intolerant to English people. That changed a lot throughout the years, the younger generations are not separatists and much more open minded, most even go out of their way to learn English because they understand that we are part of an English speaking country and French is a mostly useless language in the world.

Being linguistically handicapped by laws forcing French here is a really fucking bad thing, people are starting to realize this, better late as fuck than never.
    You really have no idea what you are speaking about. no one is forcing French, and it's not a handicap. Also, French is not useless. If it is, then I know a lot of other languages that are even more useless: German, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Russian, Greek, Yiddish, Hebrew, Swahili, Portugese, etc...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    That's...that's authoritarianism. What, you're going to force them to buy Christmas trees next?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure their civilizations were shattered by CIA-led coups and bombings.
    It wasn't learn their history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the "Educate Yourself" fallacy. A common sign that YOU are in fact the one who has no fucking idea what Islam is about. Get your head out of your ass, & stop falling for this romanticized "Religion of Peace" version of Islam that the Far-Left pushes. You're literally defending a Fascist ideology that still publicly hangs LGBT from cranes, stones women for not covering their hair, & marries off 8yo girls.

The Charter of Rights and Freedoms DOES NOT protect aspects of religions that break the laws in Canada, or runs opposite of how the government conducts itself. Again, Canada is under zero obligation to bend for Sharia. You're an absolute disagree.

[Infracted - Religion-bashing]
    I love how pointing out that Islam still executes LGBT, oppresses women, and condones pedophilia, is now considered "Hate Speech"... Seriously Mods, go fuck yourselves with a 10 foot white hot steel rod. This site is an absolutely fucking joke.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t understand the point your trying to make can you clarify?
    English Canadians should look at themselves before speaking of intolerance in Québec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how pointing out that Islam still executes LGBT, oppresses women, and condones pedophilia, is now considered "Hate Speech"... Seriously Mods, go fuck yourselves with a 10 foot white hot steel rod. This site is an absolutely fucking joke.
    Signaling their virtue and fighting imaginary oppression is more important to them than actual human suffering. Don't take it personally.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.