Left my house by the water in The Goblet to find they have ripped out the muddy ponds full of lillypads and put in a huge tiled swimming area. Missed that one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I see they decided to re-use same annoying halloween dungeon. Luckily one run was enough to get the poster I wanted.

Man i wish you could buy prints of these from the SE store.

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently a FC member just found out about the Encylcopedia Eorzea and said its no longer for sale. I went to the SE store and sure enough it says 'no longer available' instead of the usual 'sign up for a waiting list' thing when its out of stock.

Did they actually just stop printing it? if you missed it its just gone? that sucks for those who missed it. Glad i got my copy last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So apparently a FC member just found out about the Encylcopedia Eorzea and said its no longer for sale. I went to the SE store and sure enough it says 'no longer available' instead of the usual 'sign up for a waiting list' thing when its out of stock.

Did they actually just stop printing it? if you missed it its just gone? that sucks for those who missed it. Glad i got my copy last year.
    Oddly enough, it's still available on NA store, along with 25% discount.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ntasy-xiv-book

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Oddly enough, it's still available on NA store, along with 25% discount.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pro...ntasy-xiv-book
    Clearing final stock maybe?

They seemed to vastly underestimate the amount of people interested in the lore book. I'm glad I managed to get my hands on one early on. I hope it doesn't deter them from making another in the future.

I had to wait until the 3rd or 4th printing to get mine. They sold out very fast each time I checked when it first came out. I'd really like to see Encyclopedia Eorzea vols. 2+

Wonder if they will wait until near the end of 5.x (next xpac) in order to have enough material to cover in a book the size and scope of the original, or if maybe they start doing them on an xpac by xpac basis. Assuming, of course, there are plans for a Vol. 2 and beyond. I would be very surprised if they didn't make further volumes, given how the original sold out within days of release (or perhaps it could be measured in hours?).

Time for my ranting about bad pugs:

Expert roulette, Kugane Castle. I was the top dps...as WHM. The "dps" were a MNK and BLM. Having played both (and especially the latter) at 70, I was facepalming so much as I talked with my FC buddy (who was tanking) about what I was seeing/hearing, such as Thunder 4 on single targets, Fire 4s when we had 7-8 mobs rounded up...need I say more? I know, nothing original, but cringe-inducing nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Wonder if they will wait until near the end of 5.x (next xpac) in order to have enough material to cover in a book the size and scope of the original, or if maybe they start doing them on an xpac by xpac basis. Assuming, of course, there are plans for a Vol. 2 and beyond. I would be very surprised if they didn't make further volumes, given how the original sold out within days of release (or perhaps it could be measured in hours?).

Time for my ranting about bad pugs:

Expert roulette, Kugane Castle. I was the top dps...as WHM. The "dps" were a MNK and BLM. Having played both (and especially the latter) at 70, I was facepalming so much as I talked with my FC buddy (who was tanking) about what I was seeing/hearing, such as Thunder 4 on single targets, Fire 4s when we had 7-8 mobs rounded up...need I say more? I know, nothing original, but cringe-inducing nonetheless.
    Well the first covers stuff like the astral and umbral eras and how aether works and stuff. No need to copy that again. I would much rather see the bestiary expanded. Like did you know voidsent arent summoned outright like demons from WoW but need to posses the bodies of the dead? with certain ones requiring certain bodies like the Succubus type in Haukke Manor that need virgin women. Know how you learn that? From the item description of a goddamn triple triad card! Theres tons of stuff like that which could fill a second book along with all the HW and SB stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well the first covers stuff like the astral and umbral eras and how aether works and stuff. No need to copy that again. I would much rather see the bestiary expanded. Like did you know voidsent arent summoned outright like demons from WoW but need to posses the bodies of the dead? with certain ones requiring certain bodies like the Succubus type in Haukke Manor that need virgin women. Know how you learn that? From the item description of a goddamn triple triad card! Theres tons of stuff like that which could fill a second book along with all the HW and SB stuff.
    Yup. Another area that a lore book that covers the events of Stormblood could go into detail about: The Xaela tribes, especially the ones that (as far as I know) don't have a presence in Azim Steppe that we can see at this time. I recall reading somewhere that there were ~50 different tribes, yet we interact with only a handful of them. I would have no qualms with encountering more of those tribes later on in the game's life, even if it's somewhere outside the Steppe.

History of Kugane/Hingashi and Doma would be fun to see, too. There was a fair amount of coverage of Gyr Abania and Ala Mhigo in the original book, iirc. Not much on stuff from the East, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Yup. Another area that a lore book that covers the events of Stormblood could go into detail about: The Xaela tribes, especially the ones that (as far as I know) don't have a presence in Azim Steppe that we can see at this time. I recall reading somewhere that there were ~50 different tribes, yet we interact with only a handful of them. I would have no qualms with encountering more of those tribes later on in the game's life, even if it's somewhere outside the Steppe.

History of Kugane/Hingashi and Doma would be fun to see, too. There was a fair amount of coverage of Gyr Abania and Ala Mhigo in the original book, iirc. Not much on stuff from the East, though.
    We also only go to part of the Steppes itself, which is why we don't interact with many tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    They do this because the head and shoulders of your character are what you're, mostly, going to see from a third person perspective. They do a good job of making your character pop against more or less every environment and background in the game. I agree that it's jarring and more often than not the shoulder pad design is pretty stupid but there is a method to the madness.

Moving on, I've just made my way through the Royal City. I am slightly disapointed that the leading man wasn't Balthier, but I expect he'll be showing up at some point in the story, especially given how it ended. They also did a pretty solid job with the raid itself, the bosses were varied and interesting, especially the last one who decides to mess up your controls. Just because he can. The Esper fights were pretty cool too, and I'm expecting more of them to show up in the later raids.

It's a bit of a shame we didn't get to spend longer in the Garamscythe Waterway though, I thought it was one of the better areas of FF 12 and although they captured the artstyle of it, they did a poor job in capturing it's theme. Hoping they add in some of the other amazing FF 12 locations like the Great Crystal and some of the Galtean inspired tombs.
    Based on the story they're following with the raids, I'm not sure we'll see any characters from FFXII, I mean this is an exact story duplication of the Final Fantasy Tactics story which may have taken place in the same world, Ivalice, but took place at vastly different time periods, with Tactics taking place way before FFXII IIRC.

Wouldn't put it passed SE to pull some weird stuff though so who knows, but I think bringing FFXII characters into a story clearly meaning to follow Tactics would seem a little out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Based on the story they're following with the raids, I'm not sure we'll see any characters from FFXII, I mean this is an exact story duplication of the Final Fantasy Tactics story which may have taken place in the same world, Ivalice, but took place at vastly different time periods, with Tactics taking place way before FFXII IIRC.

Wouldn't put it passed SE to pull some weird stuff though so who knows, but I think bringing FFXII characters into a story clearly meaning to follow Tactics would seem a little out of place.
    Bangaa weren't in the War of the Lions, but are appearing in the 24 man's story.

Also from what I recall, XII actually takes place before any other game in Ivalice (I have no idea how technology collapsed and disappeared like it seems to have).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Ba'Gamnan was a minor antagonist from FF 12 to begin with. He was the Boba Fett to Balthier's Han Solo. I have the feeling the next part of the chain is going to be reclaiming the diary Ba'Gamnan stole, and Balthier would either make excelent bait for a trap, or else know how to find Ba'Gamnan. Don't forget that Balthier has already made a guest appearance in FFT: War of the Lions, and that Sky Pirates have already been established as part of FF 14's world, so there's no real reason Balthier's inclusion would be any more out of place than Ramza's.

Fran on the other hand would stand out. Especially since the Viera don't seem to exist in FF 14's setting. Although now that Bangaa and Seeq's do, I don't suppose they'd be too out of place now either. Just as long as Squenix are ready for the endless cries to make them a playable race if they DO include Fran.

I like this trend of nods made to job story NPC's in other quests when you've completed those storylines already, like the Kojin rank-up quest that nods to those who've completed the BSM story.

Ba'Gamnan was a minor antagonist from FF 12 to begin with. He was the Boba Fett to Balthier's Han Solo. I have the feeling the next part of the chain is going to be reclaiming the diary Ba'Gamnan stole, and Balthier would either make excelent bait for a trap, or else know how to find Ba'Gamnan. Don't forget that Balthier has already made a guest appearance in FFT: War of the Lions, and that Sky Pirates have already been established as part of FF 14's world, so there's no real reason Balthier's inclusion would be any more out of place than Ramza's.

Fran on the other hand would stand out. Especially since the Viera don't seem to exist in FF 14's setting. Although now that Bangaa and Seeq's do, I don't suppose they'd be too out of place now either. Just as long as Squenix are ready for the endless cries to make them a playable race if they DO include Fran.
    Well, the XIV team already did the first draft character concept art for viera, both males and females. Looking at Tactics Advance art and various iterations, not all viera have the digigrade feet, so the XIV viera could simply be elvaan'ish height with bunny ears and they'd fit in with the other races as far as the armor fitting. Alternatively, their foot armor could simply cut off at the ankle and they go bare foot all the time.

I still think the viera are the "ace in the hole" option to spur a subscription resurgence at the drop of a hat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Standing in my front yard, on Ixion, and I couldn't help but suddenly want the ability to not only be able to put my minions in my house but to also be able to have a mount or two lounging around in the yard. Being able to show off your primal pony collection or having behemoth stand guard in front of your house would be so neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Standing in my front yard, on Ixion, and I couldn't help but suddenly want the ability to not only be able to put my minions in my house but to also be able to have a mount or two lounging around in the yard. Being able to show off your primal pony collection or having behemoth stand guard in front of your house would be so neat.
    Agreed, without saying the dreaded G word, that was one of the few things I enjoyed about Warlords is how I could have my favorite pets and mounts roaming around and making it feel alive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Agreed, without saying the dreaded G word, that was one of the few things I enjoyed about Warlords is how I could have my favorite pets and mounts roaming around and making it feel alive
    For all the flack Garrison gets (and tbh most of its well deserved), I kind of feel like a garrison-esque thing would've been a good personal housing. But at this point, saying such things is just beating a dead horse Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    For all the flack Garrison gets (and tbh most of its well deserved), I kind of feel like a garrison-esque thing would've been a good personal housing. But at this point, saying such things is just beating a dead horse Q_Q
    Craftable squadron mission table for housing...problem solved!

I would make them just to put in my friend's houses (that I have access to).

Fair points, I had forgotten all about Ba'Gamnan and I only ever played FFT the original, I didn't ever play the Tactics Advance or the re-released War of the Lions version of Tactics.

As I said though, I wouldn't be all that surprised regardless of what SE decides to do with the story since they pull from everything and are able to make relatively cohesive amalgamations out of it. If Balthier is in it though it needs to have Fran since she was his right hand essentially.

All i know is they add Frans fabbit tailed ass in game and players will freak about it going 'the model exists playable viera now!'