Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation My theory: 3 New Races Coming in Next Expansion

This seems to be Blizzards year to really make WoW shine!

I have sources close to Blizzard that say we will be getting 3 new races in the next expansion. Yes you read that correctly, 3 NEW RACES. They are sleighed to be:

- Ogres (Horde)
    - High Elves (Alliance)
    - Ethereal (Neutral)

The reason for 3 is because Blizzard really wants to push the fantasy and choice options for races continually in the future. Additionally, adding races is a "low impact, high value" proposition because there is no balancing like there is when they add new classes. A new race is essentially cosmetic, and players love cosmetic things in the game.

As for the 3 races and the "why?" behind them, all i got out of my sources is "this expansion seemed like the appropriate time to introduce these races to the game as playable options."

So it seems like the theme of the expansion really does hint toward some void influence (since Ethereal are highly involved with the void). I can only guess Ogres because players have been asking for them for years, and they thematically fit the horde. Also, ogres would fit the pirate theme that a potential south seas expansion could bring. I have no idea about why high elves though. I don't see them fitting into a void / south seas themed expansion at all, but who knows.

Feel free to believe or not believe, but we shall see soon enough in less than 3 weeks.

WOW!

This is awesome news Jay. Thanks for getting us this information mate.

Looking forward to Blizzcon even more now!

Deleted
    Biggest load of bullshit i've read since the last Jaylock thread

The day Jaylock will have a source close to Blizzard is the day Trump will become president.. oh wait.

They would have to create female ogres for this to even be believable.

Plus.. High Elves? You mean they just give blood elf models to alliance and relabel it? I mean.. blood elves ARE high elves... only the eye color is different
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-10-19 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    WOW!

This is awesome news Jay. Thanks for getting us this information mate.

Looking forward to Blizzcon even more now!
    My only question is why high elves? What does high elves have to do with the widely expected theme of the next expansion (void / south seas). It makes no sense. I tried to pry it from my source but they wouldn't go into any more detail.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    My only question is why high elves? What does high elves have to do with the widely expected theme of the next expansion (void / south seas). It makes no sense. I tried to pry it from my source but they wouldn't go into any more detail.
    also we already have 2 very different types of elves; do we really need another one that is essentially the same?

Don't know mate. Try leaning on your source a bit. But be careful because you lean too hard they might shut you out.

Something I learned in my newspaper years at University.

I tried to pry it from my source but they wouldn't go into any more detail.
    Leave the poor cashiers at mcdonalds alone

Alleria coming back?

Deleted
    I would be happy and fine with these races.
    Altho i dont think this leak is true but still it would be a great addition to the WoW game.

Why isn't it against the rules for someone to have multiple accounts, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Eh?

Who has multiple accounts? I mean if they did then mods would ban both for evasion if I recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't care about someone having multiple accounts, as long as they are all paying they could care less.

I think the fact you responded to this answers the question.

Blizzard doesn't care about someone having multiple accounts, as long as they are all paying they could care less.
    Oh I thought the poster meant on this site Jay!

Yeah I mean you can have like 8 WoW accounts on one Battle.net account if I recall? Plus the one PTR license and one Beta license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rejewvnation View Post
    Alleria coming back?
    i actually didn't think about this. That is a good point. Maybe she has a faction of high elves that are loyal to her under the Alliance?

I think the fact you responded to this answers the question.
    Ok I'm just going to put you on ignore. Sorry but when you throw false accusations about and try to derail the thread I see no point in giving you any chance.

As for the topic at hand. @Jaylock can you give any reason as to Ogres or did your source not tell you?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-19 at 08:58 PM.

This seems to be Blizzards year to really make WoW shine!

I have sources close to Blizzard that say we will be getting 3 new races in the next expansion. Yes you read that correctly, 3 NEW RACES. They are sleighed to be:

- Ogres (Horde)
    - High Elves (Alliance)
    - Ethereal (Neutral)

The reason for 3 is because Blizzard really wants to push the fantasy and choice options for races continually in the future. Additionally, adding races is a "low impact, high value" proposition because there is no balancing like there is when they add new classes. A new race is essentially cosmetic, and players love cosmetic things in the game.

As for the 3 races and the "why?" behind them, all i got out of my sources is "this expansion seemed like the appropriate time to introduce these races to the game as playable options."

So it seems like the theme of the expansion really does hint toward some void influence (since Ethereal are highly involved with the void). I can only guess Ogres because players have been asking for them for years, and they thematically fit the horde. Also, ogres would fit the pirate theme that a potential south seas expansion could bring. I have no idea about why high elves though. I don't see them fitting into a void / south seas themed expansion at all, but who knows.

Feel free to believe or not believe, but we shall see soon enough in less than 3 weeks.
    3 does seem like much honestly, would love it if its true.
    Only concern is how are they going to make High elfs different than Night elfs ? Weren't they supposed to be "royal elfs" and not a different type/race.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok I'm just going to put you on ignore. Sorry but when you throw false accusations about and try to derail the thread I see no point in trying.
    Is your "buddy" Jay going to ignore me too? Or else he can just pass on everything I say about you, so you can respond seconds later...

5+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad idea, not at all. Too bad that I am posting in a troll thread :/