Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Un'goro crater underwater?

So, we all know that the 7.3 Magni/Azeroth Hearth scenario takes place in Silithus, as someone datamined a while ago, but now, looking at the map of the scenario, can someone tell me why is Un'goro completly underwater?

And I know this isn't the final version of Silithus, because in the newest 7.3.2 built, the path to Silithus isn't filled with water, as it is in this map.

http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/7....ngScenario.png

15+ Year Old Account
    Il'gynoth: "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Un'Goro is/was the heart of life on Azeroth that was basically Eonar the Lifebinder's playground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Well, I kinda though they gonna fill it with something evil, or shadow related, not like a garden pool.

its just Un'goro without the trees covering remember a lot of the zone is actually swampy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Well, I kinda though they gonna fill it with something evil, or shadow related, not like a garden pool.
    N'Zoth and his minions are water-dwelling, primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post

Un'Goro is/was the heart of life on Azeroth that was basically Eonar the Lifebinder's playground.
    There's a couple of them she used, I don't think that indicates Un'goro necessarily. I think that phrase is specifically talking about the actual heart of Azeroth, which we skirted around in the scenario.

Deleted
    So, we all know that the 7.3 Magni/Azeroth Hearth scenario takes place in Silithus, as someone datamined a while ago, but now, looking at the map of the scenario, can someone tell me why is Un'goro completly underwater?

And I know this isn't the final version of Silithus, because in the newest 7.3.2 built, the path to Silithus isn't filled with water, as it is in this map.

http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/7....ngScenario.png
    Only makes sense that the water level is different now with a new moon (Argus) in the sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Maybe he decided to take a piss on Azeroth too before we seal him on Argus? Ever thought about that?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Maybe he decided to take a piss on Azeroth too before we seal him on Argus? Ever thought about that?!
    Un'goro does indeed look like a one big urinal, I give you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    FUCK.

So much for a Hearthstone-themed Un'goro crater revamp...

Wonder how it could be flooded though. Stuck between 3 deserts and an active volcano in the center, not sure how all that water could get there. I could really only see Tanaris being flooded enough to reach Un'Goro.

Because Un'goro is below the game's sea level and the whole area is just copy/pasted from the main game world. They didn't bother to fix the water levels because nobody is supposed to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Wonder how it could be flooded though. Stuck between 3 deserts and an active volcano in the center, not sure how all that water could get there. I could really only see Tanaris being flooded enough to reach Un'Goro.
    Clearly Thousand Needles breached through the crater walls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Because the whole area is just copy/pasted from the main game world and they didn't bother to fix the water levels because nobody is supposed to see it.
    Pssst, you'll ruin the suspense. But yeah, the water level matches the sea level, that just means extremely lazy programing on Blizz side, because they usually check these type of things, and this rarely happens. And it shouldn't be hapening at all, when we are in the middle of heated hype theories.

Old news, someone suggested weeks ago that it was just the way it is with that kind of map. Surroundings get flooded for a reason, and I don't remember what it is precisely.

Pssst, you'll ruin the suspense. But yeah, the water level matches the sea level, that just means extremely lazy programing on Blizz side, because they usually check these type of things, and this rarely happens. And it shouldn't be hapening at all, when we are in the middle of heated hype theories.
    It's way outside the area a tiny scenario takes place in. I don't think it says they're lazy, I think it says they're smart. Why waste time fixing something that no one will ever actually see and is irrelevant to the content they're designing.

It's just a random, weird fluke.

Im not convinced that there is any blood from the wound at all. The fly over makes it look like it is just magma and fire from a super heated powerful impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    FUCK.

So much for a Hearthstone-themed Un'goro crater revamp...
    Oh Yak.. As much as I'd love that the place is just too tiny for a big ol' savage dinosaur land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Oh Yak.. As much as I'd love that the place is just too tiny for a big ol' savage dinosaur land.
    That's why you zone it. Zone it off.

Zone it up.