Page 1 of 2
LastLast

UH DPS and Reliance on Top Legendaries

Skimming through Warcraft Logs, I've been pleasantly surprised to see that UH DK is typically one of the top specs for damage. In my runs, however, I've been much more middle of the pack at 930 equipped and the 4-piece bonus. Having recently switched over from Frost, I've been forced to use KJ's AoE trinket and the Draugr belt. Should I expect (how reliant is UH) to see big improvements once I've obtained the good UH legendaries?

Or is it that I'm not doing something right in my rotation?

Dig further into the logs to see if they differ greatly from your own. While the damage may be higher, the percentages should be close. Other than that, like many specs UH performs best with the best legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    Skimming through Warcraft Logs, I've been pleasantly surprised to see that UH DK is typically one of the top specs for damage. In my runs, however, I've been much more middle of the pack at 930 equipped and the 4-piece bonus. Having recently switched over from Frost, I've been forced to use KJ's AoE trinket and the Draugr belt. Should I expect (how reliant is UH) to see big improvements once I've obtained the good UH legendaries?

Or is it that I'm not doing something right in my rotation?
    Nope, just look at the equipped legos.
    Everyone in top has this shitty fkn shoulders on every boss. Hope they nerf it to the ground like the bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by farza View Post
    Everyone in top has this shitty fkn shoulders on every boss. Hope they nerf it to the ground like the bracers.
    They aint nerfing shoulders, why on earth should they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbuns View Post
    They aint nerfing shoulders, why on earth should they?
    Knowing Blizzard they'd find an excuse to.

Deleted
    Chest doing 8%~ overall damage and you're complaining about shoulders. : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by farza View Post
    Are they shitty because you dont have them? :thinking:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubdk View Post
    7m+ crits say hello

If you complain about unholy legos, there is definetely something wrong with you. Because compared to others specs like sub rogues, arms warriors, fire mages etc. Unholy is much less reliant on legendaries.

Shoulders are designed to be our best ST legos, they are doing their job without being OP because they are situationnal and you can still do good without them.

Talking about overpowered legendaries ? Rogues shoukders. OP in everey type of encounters:ST,cleave,AOE and overall much higher DPS improve compared to uh shoulders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanCapozzi View Post
    If you complain about unholy legos, there is definetely something wrong with you. Because compared to others specs like sub rogues, arms warriors, fire mages etc. Unholy is much less reliant on legendaries.

Shoulders are designed to be our best ST legos, they are doing their job without being OP because they are situationnal and you can still do good without them.

Talking about overpowered legendaries ? Rogues shoukders. OP in everey type of encounters:ST,cleave,AOE and overall much higher DPS improve compared to uh shoulders
    I'm not complaining. If you have decent gear unholy is plenty competitive at the moment.

how many leggys do u still need to get all for frost? Cause if u can get your hands on the legendary chest via frost then thats prob your best bet to get a good unholy legendary.
    It was they way I did it when I swapped to unholy from frost.
    The chest is RETARDEDLY good.
    The effect is about 8% of my total damage done AND its a legendary CHEST which boosts the stats from the leggy by tonnes. Chest is by far one of the best leggys in the game right now.
    Stat heavy, deals loads of damage AND got an extra effect. Only reason it aint nerfed is cause its required to be a top spec more or less.

Deleted
    I got chest as unholy spec.

I figured it was much less reliant than other specs. Im feral and unholy and have yet to get a leggo on either however feel my dps without them so far is ok. Dark arbiter seems to be a massive dps boost though, without that my dps is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubdk View Post
    I mean if you break down the math on the shoulders it's equal, slightly better slightly worse on some pulls(has more variance than Cold Heart because of RNG with SD procs in your DA window). 40% increase in damage on DA alone is 8% increase if DA is 20%(which it definitely can be without the shoulders), not factoring in the increased ghoul damage. They're twin pillars of broken.

Quote Originally Posted by redd View Post
    I mean if you break down the math on the shoulders it's equal, slightly better slightly worse on some pulls(has more variance than Cold Heart because of RNG with SD procs in your DA window). 40% increase in damage on DA alone is 8% increase if DA is 20%(which it definitely can be without the shoulders), not factoring in the increased ghoul damage. They're twin pillars of broken.
    Except that your not taking into account that its a CHEST legendary giving you HUGE statgains aswell above the damage from the ability AND the ability is super-easy to use. You more or less cant fail it in anyway, just use it. Compared to DA buffs, where a missclick can kill the whole legendary-ability.
    Chest is by far the best one for us in all aspects thou shoulders are VERY good aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    Chest is by far the best one for us in all aspects thou shoulders are VERY good aswell.
    Unholy got really good legendary options to choose from.

SHOULDERS/CHEST for ST fights, WRIST/RING + DA and HELMET/RING + DEFILE for cleave or AoE fights are great.
    Getting 50% DamageDone from Bursting Sores at AoE is just insane with WRIST/RING and playing Defile with the HELMET is possibly the most relaxed way to play a Death Knight - Defile/ClawingShadows/Bursting Sores.

SHOULDERS/CHEST are very unsatisfying with postponed bloodlust or with long delayed DA because of mechanics. And than you got unlucky boss fight lengths where the fight just ends before your next DA is used - time enough for most high uptime low burst specs to catch up to you. Good thing we have choices.
    -

Can anyone help me out with leggys? I have Cold Heart, Sephuz, and Uvanimor. Been using Sephuz for WQ and M+, but not sure what is best for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballcuzzii View Post
    Can anyone help me out with leggys? I have Cold Heart, Sephuz, and Uvanimor. Been using Sephuz for WQ and M+, but not sure what is best for raiding.
    raidbots will tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Imonaboat13 View Post
    raidbots will tell you!
    Haha I like that approach. You can also tell him to go check the logs. We may never know which legendaries are the best.

I'm not even sorry