Poll: Do you agree?

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    What? Ruined???? Its another Drama emo stuffs with chill reasons by a couple of dumb players telling "wow is dead" "miss vanilla"... go live in real life!

WoW wasn't ruined ... it was changed to be a completely different game.

What people don't understand is that the game hasn't gotten much worse. There were many good things and bad things about vanilla ... there are many good things and bad things about legion, so what is the actual problem with the game?

The problem is that the game hasn't improved at all.

I think it would be really difficult to argue that the game as a whole has improved since the beginning. If anyone wants to try and argue that I would like to read it.

The game could have been so amazing if Blizzard was focused on preserving the good aspects of old WoW (community, prestige, immersion, sense of accomplishment in every aspect of the game) while also maintaining the good aspects of modern WoW (accessibility, high quality content, good gameplay, convenience).

But as it stands the only thing that exists in the game right now is the good aspects of modern WoW which is why so many players feel emptiness when playing the game now. Because the aspects that they once enjoyed have been completely disregarded in favor of an entire different set of good aspects when it never had to be that way. I don't think there are many people that actually hate WoW in it's entirety right now, contrary to what you might assume if you read the forums a lot ... they just hate that a lot of the aspects that they loved have been removed from the game.

I also truly do not believe that anybody actually wants vanilla/tbc servers to be supported; they might think they do, but I don't think it makes sense for people to want that. What I believe people actually want (whether they realize it or not) is a game that has the positive aspects of old WoW and the positive aspects of modern WoW, but unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen because the community is too fixated on the idea that "old WoW is better than modern WoW" and vice versa.

unfortunately most people who agree with this already quit the game because they agree with this. which makes the results pretty shocking tbh, with polling almost exclusively people who still play or check websites that contain information on the current game like this you'd expect more of a 90/10 split or so.

a lot of things had to do without ruining wow, some of those things were listed here but the list is honestly too long for anyone to get even most of it. a few QoL changes over the years and an increase in graphics would have been welcomed, changing the heart of the game and gutting it entirely wasn't welcomed by most, which is why nobody takes the game seriously anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I also truly do not believe that anybody actually wants vanilla/tbc servers to be supported; they might think they do, but I don't think it makes sense for people to want that. What I believe people actually want (whether they realize it or not) is a game that has the positive aspects of old WoW and the positive aspects of modern WoW, but unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen because the community is too fixated on the idea that "old WoW is better than modern WoW" and vice versa.
    you basically just said "you think you do, but you don't"... the last guy that said that became a walking meme that pretty much all older players laugh at. don't tell us what we want, we think we do, we actually do, and we currently play on private servers until blizzard gets their head out of their ass.

private wow servers are shady and scummy as fuck usually and also run on inferior hardware in some distant country, yet they pull 9k+ CONCURRENT users every day, these aren't just 9k people, you can go look into what kind of player base that translates into for 9k CONCURRENT since most people seem to not know what that means. even with the scummy shit we have to deal with and bad servers and sometimes shitty scripting, a huge number of people still do it, that number would more than triple if blizzard launched their own official servers.

the real reason blizzard won't do this is because they fear for people not buying new expansions and moving forward with the game when they can stay and be happy with older expansions, if new expansions become something people laugh at because they're busy in vanilla or tbc then blizzard will stop making them and then wow will just become an old-school game, which will make it insanely profitable still, but it will be a net loss likely because new expansions every 2 years or so generates a stupid amount of money from people like me who say "maybe this one won't suck, ill give it a try".

fortunately im happy with private servers now, so legion will be the last time blizzard gets any wow money from me until legacy servers are launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman 747 View Post

'Illusion of content' what the fuck are you smoking? Legion has had the most post release content out of any expansion so far. Can't say its all good, but in terms of raw content, legion hasn't been matched.
    Didn't you know, the blue ! over someone's head means it is content. While having the quest there where you go do it without the needless run to place and run back is illusion. Even if this game really is 5 quests and repeat in the outworld since the dawn of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    you basically just said "you think you do, but you don't"... the last guy that said that became a walking meme that pretty much all older players laugh at. don't tell us what we want, we think we do, we actually do, and we currently play on private servers until blizzard gets their head out of their ass.
    But people don't know what they want, because in order to know what you want you would have to consider more options than most people choose to consider.

To use this forum as an example: the vast majority of people advocate for how the game is currently, or how the game used to be. Since the majority of opinions are fixated on these two things, most people assume that the only options you have are to advocate for the way the game is now, or for the way it was before.

But in order to know what you actually want (in this context), you also have to consider what the game could be or could have been. If you're advocating for old WoW (legacy servers) then you're not thinking about what kind of game you "want", you're only thinking about the things that you liked about the game back then.

If you happen to prefer the good aspects of old WoW to modern WoW, you're likely to advocate for old WoW even though it's not really the game that you "want", it's just the game which had most of the things that you like. Nobody actually wants a game that has "most" of the things that they like, they want a game that has all of the things that they like. But if you're only advocating for modern WoW or old WoW then the best you can possibly get is "most" of the things that you like, unless you absolutely dislike every single aspect of old WoW or modern WoW.

So my question to you is, do all the people that advocate for old WoW or modern WoW absolutely 100% want one of those options? Or do they actually want a game that has all of the good aspects that they enjoy from both eras of WoW?

It makes sense to me that the majority of the playerbase values the good aspects of old WoW and the good aspects of modern WoW because this would provide us with a game that has improved over time. But instead Blizzard has decided to sacrifice 1 set of positive aspects for a different set of positive aspects and then there are people like you telling me that what the majority of people actually "want" is to have one set of positive aspects or the other but not both?.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Just flew from one side to the other in about 30 seconds.
    "Flew" when we were talking about traveling on the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    WoW wasn't ruined ... it was changed to be a completely different game.

What people don't understand is that the game hasn't gotten much worse. There were many good things and bad things about vanilla ... there are many good things and bad things about legion, so what is the actual problem with the game?

The problem is that the game hasn't improved at all.

I think it would be really difficult to argue that the game as a whole has improved since the beginning. If anyone wants to try and argue that I would like to read it.

The game could have been so amazing if Blizzard was focused on preserving the good aspects of old WoW (community, prestige, immersion, sense of accomplishment in every aspect of the game) while also maintaining the good aspects of modern WoW (accessibility, high quality content, good gameplay, convenience).

But as it stands the only thing that exists in the game right now is the good aspects of modern WoW which is why so many players feel emptiness when playing the game now. Because the aspects that they once enjoyed have been completely disregarded in favor of an entire different set of good aspects when it never had to be that way. I don't think there are many people that actually hate WoW in it's entirety right now, contrary to what you might assume if you read the forums a lot ... they just hate that a lot of the aspects that they loved have been removed from the game.

I always like your posts, i agree with everything you said BUT i do think legacy servers should be implemented because...we are at the point of never going back.
    Exclusivity is not coming back, transmog will stay forever, pvp templates are not going away, talents will stay the same etc etc
    So because we have 100% sure the good things we liked about the old WoW are never coming back, i'm pro legacy.
    Even though i think it's a risk Blizzard will have to make. No idea if the feature would be famous and would bring a lot of money for Blizzard or not.

game is still pretty good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    MOBAs did.

MOBAs and other genres that provide ability to play in really short bursts that are packed w/ RPG-ish action dealt a heavy blow to MMORPGs in general. Not as many people want to sit glued to their screens playing one game for hours and hours. Market and demands are kinda different from what they used to be.
    dontforget effectivly killed RTS for a long time. evean now RTS is niche which is a shame as its far more in-depth and compelling genera

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    When these stopped being used, was when wow starting taking bad turns.

My memory of those summon stones consisted of people still refusing to Fp and ride to those. Just a shit ton of "can you summon me when you get there" x4.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, the lack of ROLE-PLAY elements in this game is killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I always like your posts, i agree with everything you said BUT i do think legacy servers should be implemented because...we are at the point of never going back.
    Exclusivity is not coming back, transmog will stay forever, pvp templates are not going away, talents will stay the same etc etc
    So because we have 100% sure the good things we liked about the old WoW are never coming back, i'm pro legacy.
    Even though i think it's a risk Blizzard will have to make. No idea if the feature would be famous and would bring a lot of money for Blizzard or not.
    Legacy servers are good for the small portion of players that old WoW directly appealed to. If we assume that the legacy servers will exist but won't be updated in any way it is likely that most players (the ones that prefer old WoW over modern WoW but also like some aspects of modern WoW) will quit in under a year leaving only the die-hard old WoW fans remaining.

Would it be cool to have as a temporary form of excitement for the players that prefer old WoW to modern WoW? Yes.
    Profitable for Blizzard? doubtful.
    Beneficial in the long run? definitely not

But you're right that things will probably never change, WoW will continue on this trend until the end. You do however have a misunderstanding in your post that I can address:

There is nothing inherently "anti-old WoW" about transmog, pvp templates and the current talent system. These things were just designed with the direction that Blizzard has decided to take this game. These systems can be modified in ways that can preserve the good aspects of old WoW and the good aspects of modern WoW. In fact in one of my previous posts I've written one possibility (just as an example) in which the transmog system could be changed to do exactly this. You can dig it up if you want but my point is Blizzard doesn't have to remove the systems that they have in place right now, they just have to modify them and in a lot of areas I don't think it would be that hard to do. It mainly just requires a change in direction across the board.

WoW is undeniably trash now. Eventually these antisocial weirdos will come around. Until then Destiny 2 will be a haven of normal/hardcore gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Whiny players.
    Basically how it went downhill. It started with WotLK.

edit: I sincerely doubt LFG had anything to do with it. We had that tool in Vanilla and everyone who was interested used it. The issue was people didn't know how to navigate towards it, and there were barely any players listed in there. The current LFG system is the same, except it puts you in a group and it doesn't take 30 mins to 1 hour. You can still list and join instances the old way, but it's more organized.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-20 at 04:55 AM.

I already gave up on hoping or expecting for official legacy servers. Each day that passes my belief grows stronger that they are well aware that such servers would be very damaging for current live servers to the point where one could easily cannibalize the population of the other, and pride considerations apart, it this happened it would just hurt the game on a pure business aspect.

As such i'm content playing the game i like, the way i like it, with the rpg aspects i enjoy, in non official servers.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    My memory of those summon stones consisted of people still refusing to Fp and ride to those. Just a shit ton of "can you summon me when you get there" x4.
    I think he is talking about the old version that just let you access an inferior version of Group Finder. After all, the portal variant is still in use.

Meeting stones only allowed summons in BC, vanilla where just what the name says, meeting stones.

Play a game for ten years, always aesthetic fatigue

For me and most people I know it was just time. Just got tired of just doing the same old same old again and again. Don't get me wrong we still love to get together and raid at a high level together 3 times a week but we don't play anywhere near where we did back in classic, BC, and wrath. We just got older and even with the changes made to the game it really mostly just stayed the same. Same basic concepts of go here, kill this, pull the RNG handle, move on. With almost the same batch of mechanics. No reason to sit around and do these things 100s of times a day for a .05% chance I might get a 1% upgrade.

If they had kept the whole world meaningful somehow thoughout the years I might be able to continue to invest. But after the first month or two of an expansion I have just about seen everything outside of raids dozens of times over on the "new small WoW" that had released. So I end up just logging in for the raids and a few other times a week to do trivial things that help me in those raids. Thats just about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    WoTLK started strong, but went downhill with ToC.
    It absolutely did not. The heroics were joke, all the raiding content was cleared within like 3 days of the release (save for sarth+3 which was a gear check), and wintersgrasp was a hot mess of lag and vehicles. PvP in general was a complete joke with the hero class being way too heroic

Ulduar was all WotLK had going for it at any point in time